Target to stop asking job applicants about criminal record

I find nothing at all wrong with beating someone up, especially if they deserved it. Drugs is something that should never be tolerated under any circumstances.

I wouldn't hire a kid who I know did drugs.

He'll come to work high get hurt and I'll have to pay up

It's common n sense not to trust people with poor judgement. Criminals are prime examples of people with poor judgement.

"did" drugs..as in past tense. You have never tried ANY drug in your teen years? Pot? Nothing?

Yes, criminals used poor judgement at one time in their lives. So have I. You have never made a bad choice in your life?

No. I grew up piss poor orphaned at 10 and basically on my own since 15 and completely self sufficient by 17. I had to decide what to spend my money on and food and shelter always took precedence over a phone, TV booze or drugs.

Good thing I have taught my daughter about forgiveness and acceptance. Hopefully the next generations are willing to help others..if not, what a sad world we will live in.
Accepting and employing are 2 completely different things.

Acceptance also includes accepting the consequences of your decisions. If you decide to commit a crime that's your choice.

If you use drugs and get caught that's your problem and I will not take the chance that a known drug user get hurt while under my employ as I could very well have to pay for his choices if he gets injured or injures someone else while in my employ.

I've worked too hard to get myself out of the gutter to risk losing it all because of someone else's poor decisions.

So I won't hire anyone convicted of any crime.

It's common n sense not to trust people with poor judgement. Criminals are prime examples of people with poor judgement.

But you'd hire an alcoholic cause to you booze is not a drug!!! After all, you're a boozer yourself.

Where did I say I would hire an alcoholic?

ANd I am still waiting for you to prove that I drink more than on rare occasions

Depends what he did. Selling weed? Sure. Molesting a toddler? HELL, NO.

Well, I wouldnt consider molesting a toddler "something stupid" or small. But the kid that was caught with weed..yes, something small and stupid and would hire him if he had the qualifications I am looking for. These guys deserve as much of a second chance as anyone out here.

The rate of recidivism in the US is so high because these guys get out, have no skills and no other options. People wont hire them because of their record, so they go back to doing what they know how to do. Rinse and repeat.

I'd hire a child molester rather than a weed addict. I would not hire someone on weed under any circumstances.

Yeah, yeah, yeah...we ALREADY KNOW you are batshit insane.

Does that mean you would demand none of your employees touch alcohol under any circumstances?

Does that mean you would demand none of your employees touch alcohol under any circumstances?

It means I would fire them if they came to work with alcohol on their breath.

Obviously I wouldn't know what they do in their free time

It's a little harder to know if someone is using other drugs so if they had a conviction of any kind drug related or not I would not hire them.

People who willingly break the law are not people I want to hire. I don't see what's so hard to understand about that.

Forum List

Back