tariffs will wipe out any gains from tax cuts for average american

$3,994 is nothing more or less than chump change.

Really? That amount would cover half my modest housing costs for 6 months.

While attempting to portray yourself as wealthy, what you've really done is betray a total lack of economic understanding about the reality a $4000 additional tax bill imposes on the Americans of modest means, who are already receiving government funded income supports, or those of us who are retired and on fixed incomes.

So now you're claiming low income people have to buy avocados and Christmas lights or something? Hate to break this to you Burb Brats, but nobody actually has to buy that crap.

Sales taxes around here are around 10% now. $3,924 in additional costs due to taxes would be somebody spending $39,240 more on crap they don't need, hardly in the range low income people would be spending on junk and luxury food items. in 25% tariff terms, that would require spending almost $15,700 more on such crap as avocados and Beanie Babies.

A 25% tariff on Mexico would raise the cost of an American-made car on average by $1100.

If Trump slaps tariffs on Mexican imports, you'll pay more to buy a car and keep it running

Guess people don’t need to buy junk and luxury items like American-made cars.

Well, obviously it isn't an American made car' then, is it, moron?

You didn’t study economics, did you Pictardo?

You didn't study brain damage from smoking dope all your life did you?

While attempting to portray yourself as wealthy, what you've really done is betray a total lack of economic understanding about the reality a $4000 additional tax bill imposes on the Americans of modest means, who are already receiving government funded income supports, or those of us who are retired and on fixed incomes.

Since you don’t live here, it won’t effect you at all no matter if you are retired or on a fixed income. This is an issue for the United States not for the Canadians to the north.

You should tell to all the old American codgers on this site discussing Brexit that it doesn’t affect them so they shouldn’t comment on it.

If I was remotely interested in Brexit I would, the people of Britain can take care of themselves, I don’t care what they do. If you care so much, you might want to jump in.

Dragon lady can post her opinions all she wants and I can comment on her opinions all I want.

Nice that you come running to her rescue.

Good to know since you were implying that her opinion doesn’t matter since she’s not American.

I discount her opinion because she has no stake, she isn’t an American. Just like I don’t concern myself what their policies are.

She and her mates were boycotting US goods, and our exports to Canada went up, apparently her opinion isn’t important in Canada either.

Actually American imports were $52 billion in April of 2018. The tariff's went on in April, and immediately American imports started dropping. By November, when NAFTA 2.0 was signed, American exports to Canada had dropped by $2 billion. Given that most exports are done on contractual basis, long in advance, a 2% drop in American exports from an economy as small as ours shows our people stand behind their fellow Canadians and their jobs.

Americans couldn't give a rat's ass about their neighbours' or well being. It's what differeniates our cultures. The "rugged individualist" is considered a selfish asshole in this country. Our Constitution says we must help others.

In the moral world, your attitude is the outlier. The richest nation in the world. A nation which claims to be Christian, treats REFUGEE CHILDREN LIKE ANIMALS. What is WRONG with you that you think this is somehow the right way to act?

Middlemen and grocery stores are already raising prices just on speculation and a chance for profiteering. I got stuck making a grocery store run today. Celery was on the list. $3.99 for a stalk of celery. One stalk of celery, $3.99.

Since you don’t live here, it won’t effect you at all no matter if you are retired or on a fixed income. This is an issue for the United States not for the Canadians to the north.

You should tell to all the old American codgers on this site discussing Brexit that it doesn’t affect them so they shouldn’t comment on it.

If I was remotely interested in Brexit I would, the people of Britain can take care of themselves, I don’t care what they do. If you care so much, you might want to jump in.

Dragon lady can post her opinions all she wants and I can comment on her opinions all I want.

Good to know since you were implying that her opinion doesn’t matter since she’s not American.

I discount her opinion because she has no stake, she isn’t an American. Just like I don’t concern myself what their policies are.

She and her mates were boycotting US goods, and our exports to Canada went up, apparently her opinion isn’t important in Canada either.

Actually American imports were $52 billion in April of 2018. The tariff's went on in April, and immediately American imports started dropping. By November, when NAFTA 2.0 was signed, American exports to Canada had dropped by $2 billion. Given that most exports are done on contractual basis, long in advance, a 2% drop in American exports from an economy as small as ours shows our people stand behind their fellow Canadians and their jobs.

Americans couldn't give a rat's ass about their neighbours' or well being. It's what differeniates our cultures. The "rugged individualist" is considered a selfish asshole in this country. Our Constitution says we must help others.

In the moral world, your attitude is the outlier. The richest nation in the world. A nation which claims to be Christian, treats REFUGEE CHILDREN LIKE ANIMALS. What is WRONG with you that you think this is somehow the right way to act?

You are such a great person, we should all worship you like you do. Thanks for your discounted opinion.

So now you're claiming low income people have to buy avocados and Christmas lights or something? Hate to break this to you Burb Brats, but nobody actually has to buy that crap.

Sales taxes around here are around 10% now. $3,924 in additional costs due to taxes would be somebody spending $39,240 more on crap they don't need, hardly in the range low income people would be spending on junk and luxury food items. in 25% tariff terms, that would require spending almost $15,700 more on such crap as avocados and Beanie Babies.

A 25% tariff on Mexico would raise the cost of an American-made car on average by $1100.

If Trump slaps tariffs on Mexican imports, you'll pay more to buy a car and keep it running

I’ll take that as “No I did not.” And it shows.

A mass generalization of the followers of the world's largest religion. The most immoral among us often lead the charge to accuse the religious of leading imperfect lives and pointing out their sins as if such petty "got-cha!" moments will shake our beliefs in Christ and cause us to see some error in our ways for believing in him at all. I know no fellow Christian who believes he or she leads or can ever lead a flawless, sin-free life. Rather, it is only ever the non-believer who would foist such a burden onto the shoulders of a fellow human being. Do you think that to be imperfect in one's mortal life is to be disqualified from being Christian? Who entitled you to hold Christians, individual or collectively to some flawless standard beyond which you yourself are capable of attaining?

Moral Relativists such as yourself seem absolutely enraged by the thought of a Christian whose life history does not embody sin-free perfection. The difference between us, between most Christians and most Moral Relativists is Christians understand they are inherently flawed, will make mistakes and commit sin, and shall be forgiven for those sins, so long as they seek forgiveness in Christ's name. The Moral Relativist on the other hand, even in a state of constant justification for his or her imperfections and sin, is consumed by guilt for their wrongdoing and lacks the higher power from which to ask for forgiveness.

A prime example of your moral relativism is the moral panic and outrage you join in over the illegal immigrant minors housed at our southern borders and elsewhere, while in other recent posts wail and moan for a woman's right to murder her developing unborn child, who is a unique human being unto itself. Further, you would condemn unborn children to never exist at all, rather than face the same uncertainty of life we all faced after birth. In effect, you would play God over the life developing within you, murder it, yet cry to the heavens over the so-called injustice of our government housing feeding and providing free medical care to undocumented children, all while thousands of our own children go to sleep on the street homeless each night.

You moral relativists are the worst of the worse hypocrites, and the most dangerous. You seek perfection in the adherence to beliefs of Christians, expect Christians to lead flawless, sinless lives . . . all while justifying away your own sins and atrocities as lesser evils in defiance of personal responsibility, of which your ideology has none, expects none from its followers.

I’ll take that as “No I did not.” And it shows.

Ah, more dope addled rubbish. No surprise there.

A mass generalization of the followers of the world's largest religion. The most immoral among us often lead the charge to accuse the religious of leading imperfect lives and pointing out their sins as if such petty "got-cha!" moments will shake our beliefs in Christ and cause us to see some error in our ways for believing in him at all. I know no fellow Christian who believes he or she leads or can ever lead a flawless, sin-free life. Rather, it is only ever the non-believer who would foist such a burden onto the shoulders of a fellow human being. Do you think that to be imperfect in one's mortal life is to be disqualified from being Christian? Who entitled you to hold Christians, individual or collectively to some flawless standard beyond which you yourself are capable of attaining?

Moral Relativists such as yourself seem absolutely enraged by the thought of a Christian whose life history does not embody sin-free perfection. The difference between us, between most Christians and most Moral Relativists is Christians understand they are inherently flawed, will make mistakes and commit sin, and shall be forgiven for those sins, so long as they seek forgiveness in Christ's name. The Moral Relativist on the other hand, even in a state of constant justification for his or her imperfections and sin, is consumed by guilt for their wrongdoing and lacks the higher power from which to ask for forgiveness.

A prime example of your moral relativism is the moral panic and outrage you join in over the illegal immigrant minors housed at our southern borders and elsewhere, while in other recent posts wail and moan for a woman's right to murder her developing unborn child, who is a unique human being unto itself. Further, you would condemn unborn children to never exist at all, rather than face the same uncertainty of life we all faced after birth. In effect, you would play God over the life developing within you, murder it, yet cry to the heavens over the so-called injustice of our government housing feeding and providing free medical care to undocumented children, all while thousands of our own children go to sleep on the street homeless each night.

You moral relativists are the worst of the worse hypocrites, and the most dangerous. You seek perfection in the adherence to beliefs of Christians, expect Christians to lead flawless, sinless lives . . . all while justifying away your own sins and atrocities as lesser evils in defiance of personal responsibility, of which your ideology has none, expects none from its followers.

Jesus warned of false prophets and said by their fruits you will know them.

What did Jesus mean by "you will know them by their fruit?" | CARM.org

Six children have died in the custody of the Trump Administration and their odious policies. We have even started on their child separation policies. Dead children, tortured families.

By their fruits you will know them.

Six children have died in the custody of the Trump Administration and their odious policies. We have even started on their child separation policies. Dead children, tortured families.

Dragonloser of course knows full well many of those kids' parents refused to take them back and essentially abandoned them, assuming they were even their kids to begin with, and anyway, we know Trump and his followers are actually beating them to death like baby seals with bats, don't you know, and of those left wing vermin who keep encouraging them to swarm in illegally, like herself and her fellow traitors, are completely blameless in all this.

Dragonloser of course knows full well many of those kids' parents refused to take them back and essentially abandoned them, assuming they were even their kids to begin with, and anyway, we know Trump and his followers are actually beating them to death like baby seals with bats, don't you know, and of those left wing vermin who keep encouraging them to swarm in illegally, like herself and her fellow traitors, are completely blameless in all this.

As I said, the most immoral among us will do their damnedest to make us doubt our faith by accusing us of not living perfect, sin-free lives. Me? I won't play their game. Second, all moral relativists, moral nihilists, wannabe atheists and otherwise immoral freaks ought to remember Christianity is not without a sword, and is capable of defending itself in ways beyond turning the other cheek at their overt evil. Deus vult! Vae Victus! Gloria in Sol Invictus!

Your country slammed the doors on those refugee children pretty quick when they started swarming in after Trudeau's little jab at Trump, though. All talk but not much in practice, eh?

^^^^^^^^
Pictardo has a big giant cutout of his Orange Jesus.

If Obama did the same thing, he’d be screaming about communism and tax increases.

But because he worships his Orange God, he’s defending tax increases.

Your numbers are hogwash and are typical of the anti-protection propaganda that globalist free traders put out anytime any leader tries to protect his nation's workers and their jobs and industries.

First of all, Mexican companies would not dare pass along to their customers all of the added cost of the tariffs, because if they did so they would over-price their goods and customers would simply buy somewhere else.

Two, if tariffs cause huge price hikes for consumers and hurt economies, pray tell, how has China prospered by imposing high tariffs on almost every foreign good coming into the country? For that matter, how did America become an economic powerhouse behind the high-tariff policy that we followed from Abraham Lincoln through Eisenhower?

Three, many middle-income workers got a lot more than just $900 per year from the Trump tax cuts. My net pay rose by $220 per month thanks to the tax cuts, and I'm in the bottom half of the third bracket. People who are in the upper half of the third bracket and the fourth bracket saw their net pay rise by $300-$500 per month.

Middlemen and grocery stores are already raising prices just on speculation and a chance for profiteering. I got stuck making a grocery store run today. Celery was on the list. $3.99 for a stalk of celery. One stalk of celery, $3.99.

You're getting Fucked!!!
I can buy a whole bundle of celery for $1.48 in Houston.
So what liberal city do you live in?

I call bullshit.
What city do you live in so I can check the price of celery?

You're getting Fucked!!!
I can buy a whole bundle of celery for $1.48 in Houston.
So what liberal city do you live in?

That's one thing I would love to know the reason, why is food so much more expensive out west then in the deep South, when I was in Wyoming people are like it is so much cheaper then California or Oregon, I am like WTF? You should shop in South Carolina.

Saw a news story claiming avocados were almost $2 each in California; they're around 68 cents to 80 cents here in Texas, so what is the tariff price for them? Don't know, but I'm glad Californians will be paying a lot more than we will here, since they love criminal illegal aliens so much there. I remember a gallon of milk being $4 for a cheap house brand in 1997 there while being only maybe 89 cents-$1.19 here at the time. I know wages were;'t that much higher there either, so obviously it wasn't labor costs driving up prices.

Yep..
I can buy house brand milk for $2.25 a gallon today in Houston.

Forum List

Back