Tattoos - Poll

Tattoos

• I can't wait to get one

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
But perhaps if you saw the person wearing the tattoo (law enforcement or not) ... And given your desire to assume the meaning and purpose ... You would be just as likely to make poor decisions as to what it could mean.

That's my point ... It means something to those who don't need it explained ... But that doesn't mean that it is there for anyone else.
Whatever you conclude will have bearing on how you view the person ... With or without the proper understanding.

Yep but I am interested. If the person wants to share the meaning that would be nice if not there nothing I could do about it.

I see the following what else do I need to know about the person?

Well ... That is kind of obvious, but then again it would also depend on if you knew what you were looking at.

This is the whole idea of how much the message whether it is ink or another medium comes across. I wanted to find out what it is so I did.

Apo.seal.500.png

"Alpha Phi Omega (commonly known as APO, but also ΑΦΩ, A-Phi-O and A-Phi-Q), is a not-for-profit organization. The purpose of this fraternity/sorority is to assemble college students in a national service fraternity/sorority in the fellowship of principles derived from the Scout Oath and Law of the Boy Scouts; to develop leadership, to promote friendship and to provide service to humanity; and to further freedom that is our national, educational and intellectual heritage"

Alpha Phi Omega - Lambda Phi - Home

I'll never have one and I've never seen one that made someone look better. Some of them are really horrible, like what kids do to walls with spray paint.

I think tattoos are very tacky. Generally speaking, the more tattoos a person has, the lower the IQ. I think they are gross - especially on women. I would never, ever date a woman with a tattoo.

Sure but that is the point, that symbol will send a message to anyone who sees it and they may go further based circumstance and/or desire.

The tattoo I pictured would mean something to those who know what it means and just look like a bunch of scribbling to those that don't.
It is a recognition of merit and loyalty to those who know ... And to those who don't know ... Oh well, who cares?

We try to pound other people into our neat little boxes ... When that doesn't always address what they think or their motivations.
In other words ... The "point" is not up to you to decide.

Some of them are very nice and artistic, and some can certainly be tastefully done. I've no desire to have one, but I don't understand why people have to be so judgmental about what another person does with their body. :dunno:

Sure but that is the point, that symbol will send a message to anyone who sees it and they may go further based circumstance and/or desire.

The tattoo I pictured would mean something to those who know what it means and just look like a bunch of scribbling to those that don't.
It is a recognition of merit and loyalty to those who know ... And to those who don't know ... Oh well, who cares?

We try to pound other people into our neat little boxes ... When that doesn't always address what they think or their motivations.

Some of them are very nice and artistic, and some can certainly be tastefully done. I've no desire to have one, but I don't understand why people have to be so judgmental about what another person does with their body. :dunno:
For the same reason why you are being judgmental about what people are saying about not liking tattos, hence everyone is entitled to their opinion.

For the same reason why you are being judgmental about what people are saying about not liking tattos, hence everyone is entitled to their opinion.

No. I asked why a person would think only "working class people" get tattoos because that is an ignorant assumption.

I'll never have one and I've never seen one that made someone look better. Some of them are really horrible, like what kids do to walls with spray paint.
Exactly....most resemble grafiti more than art

At least grafiti can be scrubbed off

I think tattoos are very tacky. Generally speaking, the more tattoos a person has, the lower the IQ. I think they are gross - especially on women. I would never, ever date a woman with a tattoo.
I wouldn't date a woman who smokes either

When I was in the Navy everytime I went to get a tattoo, the fucking wait so long that it cut into my drinking time, so I never got one.

No. I asked why a person would think only "working class people" get tattoos because that is an ignorant assumption.
I never said that. I posted

Working-Class.jpg

Any questions?

I never said that. I posted

Working-Class.jpg

Any questions?

Whatever, dude. I don't really care. Point is, it is not only working class people who have tattoos.

My Dad had Japanese Dragon Tattos on both of his forearms from when he was there in 1945-46 as part of the occupation force. He had it done the old way with bamboo. He said it hurt like a Mofo

I can see why some don't like them. I like them, but then I like people with purple hair also. ( when its done right)
Many different kinds of people have them now so you cant really stereotype who has them.
arggg stereotyping is my biggest pet peeve...a generalization based on a small percentage of any given group....totally ignoring the rest who literally bust out of that box..

5f86c615ab72a5fde95c23259c4c75a2.jpg

059e3947f2779d6e1e88c8dfbc6c5400.jpg

She has too many...but is still beautiful and her tattoo's are a work of art.
HE has just the right amount, in fact more would be even better. and if I ever see this guy out in public...Im following him home! :spinner:

I can see why some don't like them. I like them, but then I like people with purple hair also. ( when its done right)
Many different kinds of people have them now so you cant really stereotype who has them.
arggg stereotyping is my biggest pet peeve...a generalization based on a small percentage of any given group....totally ignoring the rest who literally bust out of that box..

5f86c615ab72a5fde95c23259c4c75a2.jpg

059e3947f2779d6e1e88c8dfbc6c5400.jpg

She has too many...but is still beautiful and her tattoo's are a work of art.
HE has just the right amount, in fact more would be even better. and if I ever see this guy out in public...Im following him home! :spinner:

Her tattoos look fine now but will blur to look like shit in 20 years. But nobody is smart enough to consider you will bear that mark for 50 years

Forum List

Back