Tax Cut Tuesday

Flash

Diamond Member
Dec 8, 2014
Tax cuts today!

God bless Trump.

MAGA Baby!

Just think. If the stupid Moon Bats would have their way that dipshit Crooked Hillary would have been elected and taxes would be going up. How disastrous that would be. Thank god she wasn't elected.

Trump has been a huge disappointment. However, our peaches-in-chief is no hillary. So theres that. :thup:

For all the butt-hurt liberal douche bags who whine constantly about how the tax cuts favor the 'rich', here's an analogy to help you understand why those who pay in the most money / have the most 'skin in the game' get more money back:

'Suppose that every day, ten men go out for beer and the bill for all ten comes to $100. If they paid their bill the way we pay our taxes, it would go something like this...

The first four men (the poorest) would pay nothing. The fifth would pay $1. The sixth would pay $3. The seventh would pay $7. The eighth would pay $12. The ninth would pay $18. The tenth man (the richest) would pay $59.

So, that's what they decided to do.

The ten men drank in the bar every day and seemed quite happy with the arrangement, until one day, the owner threw them a curve ball. “Since you are all such good customers,” he said, “I'm going to reduce the cost of your daily beer by $20”. Drinks for the ten men would now cost just $80.

The group still wanted to pay their bill the way we pay our taxes. So the first four men were unaffected. They would still drink for free. But what about the other six men ? How could they divide the $20 windfall so that everyone would get his fair share?

They realized that $20 divided by six is $3.33. But if they subtracted that from everybody's share, then the fifth man and the sixth man would each end up being paid to drink his beer.

So, the bar owner suggested that it would be fair to reduce each man's bill by a higher percentage the poorer he was, to follow the principle of the tax system they had been using, and he proceeded to work out the amounts he suggested that each should now pay.

And so the fifth man, like the first four, now paid nothing (100% saving). The sixth now paid $2 instead of $3 (33% saving). The seventh now paid $5 instead of $7 (28% saving). The eighth now paid $9 instead of $12 (25% saving). The ninth now paid $14 instead of $18 (22% saving). The tenth now paid $49 instead of $59 (16% saving).

Each of the six was better off than before. And the first four continued to drink for free. But, once outside the bar, the men began to compare their savings.

“I only got a dollar out of the $20 saving,” declared the sixth man. He pointed to the tenth man,“but he got $10!”

“Yeah, that's right,” exclaimed the fifth man. “I only saved a dollar too. It's unfair that he got ten times more benefit than me!” “That's true!” shouted the seventh man. “Why should he get $10 back, when I got only $2? The wealthy get all the breaks!”

“Wait a minute,” yelled the first four men in unison, “we didn't get anything at all. This new tax system exploits the poor!”

The nine men surrounded the tenth and beat him up.

The next night the tenth man didn't show up for drinks so the nine sat down and had their beers without him. But when it came time to pay the bill, they discovered something important. They didn't have enough money between all of them for even half of the bill!

And that, boys and girls, journalists and government ministers, is how our tax system works.

The people who already pay the highest taxes will naturally get the most benefit from a tax reduction. Tax them too much, attack them for being wealthy, and they just may not show up anymore. In fact, they might start drinking overseas, where the atmosphere is somewhat friendlier.'

The Tax System Explained in Beer

For all the butt-hurt liberal douche bags who whine constantly about how the tax cuts favor the 'rich'...
The rich have been doing very well for years at the expense of the rest of us, I see no reason to give them a reward for their success.

Trump has been a huge disappointment. However, our peaches-in-chief is no hillary. So theres that. :thup:

I am not disappointed in my 401K because the DOW has risen 5,000 points since he has been elected. The first time the DOW has ever risen 5K in one year.

Unemployment at a decades low level. Fewer Muslims and Mexicans coming into this country. Lower taxes, thousands of less regulations, economic growth improving. No more of the global warming bullshit and the individual mandate being repealed that will gut that disastrous Obamacare. Stronger military. Respect for law enforcement. Less political correctness.

I didn't vote for Trump but I am glad other people did because he making this country great again.

I'll get a few thousand dollars a year in more spendable income so I am glad other people had the good sense to vote for him. He has been a pleasant surprise. I'll use the money to buy more guns and ammo and to contribute more to the NRA.

For all the butt-hurt liberal douche bags who whine constantly about how the tax cuts favor the 'rich'...
The rich have been doing very well for years at the expense of the rest of us, I see no reason to give them a reward for their success.

Stop being a greedy Moon Bat. Go be poor some place else.

It is obvious that you are confused about the tax cuts. Must come from getting you information from fake news.

49% of the people in this country (mostly Moon Bats) don't pay income taxes. In fact with this tax package will increase that number because of the higher threshold of having to pay taxes. "The rich" that you are so envious of and hate so much are paying the lion's share of that $1 trillion collected each year in income taxes. I suspect you pay none or a very small amount.

Lower tax rates for everybody. That is a good thing. 70% of Americans, mostly lower and middle class that do pay income taxes don't itemize so the few reductions in authorized deduction don't effect them. The get the benefit of the higher deductions and lower tax rates.

For the 30% that do itemize most of them will not be affected by the reduced authorized deductions, only the more rich.

If you don't have more spendable income because of what Trump and the Republicans are doing for you then either you aren't doing it right or else you are very rich paying tons of money in state and local taxes.

Trump hasn't really been a disappointment outside of his dumbass tweets. The GOP and other institutions on the other hand have turned into complete jokes.

I have been investing since 1987 with Home Depot. While the shares started off at only 16 cents a share for the year, the dividends of late have been well over $3.00. Today I am making over 6 figures and only have to pay a 5% tax on that income. Everyone who owns stocks that pay dividends also pay that same amount, with Warren Buffet(who pays a lower tax rate than his secretary) makes in the hundreds of millions at 5%. Shame more people aren't smart enough to invest, but then if they did, they wouldn't be a liberal(unless a cronie capitalist, like Warrant) anymore.

In the story, you are the guy who never paid a dime, drank for free, then bitched for not getting a share of the money the bartender / owner gave back to the one who always paid.....

What a freakin' idiotic view of life. You would reward people for their failure? Really? When you get moved from fry cooking to using the grill don't you get a raise for your success?

Last edited:
Trump hasn't really been a disappointment outside of his dumbass tweets. The GOP and other institutions on the other hand have turned into complete jokes.
His lies are a big factor in that. I also think he has failed in other areas. Like "draining the swamp" and healthcare. So far at least.

His lies are a big factor in that. I also think he has failed in other areas. Like "draining the swamp" and healthcare. So far at least.
So....Mr. 'Most Transparent Administration Evuh's lies were not a problem for snowflakes? Slick Willy's 'I did NOT have sex with that woman' did not bother them?

So....Mr. 'Most Transparent Administration Evuh's lies were not a problem for snowflakes? Slick Willy's 'I did NOT have sex with that woman' did not bother them?
IDK who cares? We are talking about Trump. He lies A LOT

really?

How much of your money has a rich guy ever taken from you?

I can show you the data. But will you cry fake news or just ignore it? It's one of the two.

The economic success measures are all looking good and trending upward. That's awesome to see!

However, to act like this is all Trumps doing is just being willfully ignorant. The stock market, unemployment and all the success measures we are looking at have been trending upwards for some time now...well before Trump was elected. It's good to see its continuing but to act like this is because of Trump is laughable at best.

Tax cuts today!

God bless Trump.

MAGA Baby!

Just think. If the stupid Moon Bats would have their way that dipshit Crooked Hillary would have been elected and taxes would be going up. How disastrous that would be. Thank god she wasn't elected.
Well, the gop insures you remain a broke loser, and don't act like nobody told you Trump would back off his promise to help workers earn more and not give the 1% a taxcut.

really?

How much of your money has a rich guy ever taken from you?

I can show you the data. But will you cry fake news or just ignore it? It's one of the two.
No I want you to show how much of your personal net worth a rich guy has taken from you.

Tax cuts today!

God bless Trump.

MAGA Baby!

Well, the gop insures you remain a broke loser, and don't act like nobody told you Trump would back off his promise to help workers earn more and not give the 1% a taxcut.

Are there more or less people having to use safety net programs now, or during Obama's last 4 years?

Forum List

Back