Tax Cuts Steal Democracy

Well, it can prove that when you drop corporate taxes to 12% 1000's of corporations will move in from all over the world and boost your economy. It makes them move in not out.

What boost to Ireland's economy? Their unemployment rate is higher than most all Western (and some Eastern) European nations, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Israel, Japan, South Korea, and the United States.

What boost to Ireland's economy?

upload_2017-4-26_12-14-1.png

Real Gross Domestic Product for Ireland©

Their real GDP has nearly tripled over the last 19 years. 5.6% real growth compounded.
You have another western economy that did nearly as well with their higher corporate tax rates?

upload_2017-4-26_12-15-20.png

Real Gross Domestic Product

Our real growth was 51%, over the same period, about 2.2% compounded.

Not sure what your point is if you have one could you try to state it in good English?

Your argument was that companies that don't care about the customers are driven to bankruptcy by companies that do. Comcast is the most hated company in America, yet it grows its market share every day, and is the largest cable provider in the country.

So your theory is just like everything else that comes from the right-wing; bullshit.

Who hates them?

So your now trying to say to us to doesn't have the biggest car plants on the planet?

You're the one who said that companies that make defective products or don't care about their customers are "driven to bankruptcy" by the market. That was your argument. So now it seems you are shifting the goalposts as you realize you painted yourself into a corner. It's OK. Conservatives and Russian trolls do it all the time. It's not new to you.

Someone should tell Ireland that even though their tax cuts encouraged thousands and thousands of companies to move there

No, that didn't happen. Operations didn't move to Ireland. Neither did production or distribution. Just accounting and even then, it's a matter of paperwork.

Your big claim was that Ireland created 130,000 jobs in 11 years of low corporate taxes. But then you ignore the fact that Obama created that many jobs in two weeks this past January with a 35% corporate tax.

Also, Ireland's unemployment is higher than most western democracies, including America's.

So if low taxes is great for business, how come Ireland's unemployment is higher than other nations of comparable size with higher corporate rates?

<Russian Active Measures>

So that's great that you posted charts! This time, were they contextualized? No? Well, fine.

So all that "growth", yet the unemployment rate remains higher than most western democracies. How could that be?

So your now trying to say to us to doesn't have the biggest car plants on the planet?

You're the one who said that companies that make defective products or don't care about their customers are "driven to bankruptcy" by the market. That was your argument. So now it seems you are shifting the goalposts as you realize you painted yourself into a corner. It's OK. Conservatives and Russian trolls do it all the time. It's not new to you.
This is became your hatred for slanty Japs and Toyota and Comcast is it not?

I have an answer just don't buy it..

Simple

Someone should tell Ireland that even though their tax cuts encouraged thousands and thousands of companies to move there

No, that didn't happen. Operations didn't move to Ireland. Neither did production or distribution. Just accounting and even then, it's a matter of paperwork.

Your big claim was that Ireland created 130,000 jobs in 11 years of low corporate taxes. But then you ignore the fact that Obama created that many jobs in two weeks this past January with a 35% corporate tax.

Also, Ireland's unemployment is higher than most western democracies, including America's.

So if low taxes is great for business, how come Ireland's unemployment is higher than other nations of comparable size with higher corporate rates?
I've explained to you five times how a scientific experiment works onemust hold all variables constant if you want to accurately measure the one variable in question as a liberal you are stupid and anti-science so how can I possibly make this clear to you?

So are you going to write to Ireland and tell them that all those thousands of companies that move there because of the low tax rate are doing damage not good. I'm sure they would want to know that and who better to tell them then a genius Marxist like you?

I speak English and you speak god knows what

I don't believe you, and your posts don't indicate that. It's SAD how you start out on a script, but then eventually your posts devolve into these illiterate, grammatically incorrect, nonsensical replies that read like they were copy-and-pasted from a Google translator. But not Google, because your posts are even worse than what Google's translator would spit out.

Evidence to back up your claims?

You want me to back up the claim that business cares only about itself and its profits? Ummm...have you ever worked for a business before?
Charter schools perform no better or worse than Public Schools.
-and-
But that's the Conservative goal; to do away with Public Education because it doesn't credit Jesus with riding dinosaurs 6,000 years ago.
That's where you need evidence.

I've explained to you five times how a scientific experiment works

No, you haven't done that. What you did was make an excuse because you don't know what the fuck you're talking about. If Ireland can't be used as a "scientific experiment" (WTF?) to prove tax cuts don't create growth, then the inverse is also true, and you cannot credit the low tax rate for the growth either.

Not sure what scientific method you learned in Russia, but that's not how we do things in America.

So are you going to write to Ireland and tell them that all those thousands of companies that move there because of the low tax rate are doing damage not good.

I don't need to do anything because the people there will get tired of the high unemployment rate and the policy will eventually change. Until then, good luck to the Irish trying to get jobs that aren't there. Good thing they have a strong social safety net for those folks, right????

<Russian Active Measures>

So that's great that you posted charts! This time, were they contextualized? No? Well, fine.

So all that "growth", yet the unemployment rate remains higher than most western democracies. How could that be?

This time, were they contextualized?

Well, if you don't understand what "Real Irish GDP" and "Real US GDP" means, you may be a fucking moron.
But because you're a liberal, we already knew that.

So all that "growth", yet the unemployment rate remains higher than most western democracies.

I guess you could post a chart showing their unemployment rate over the last 20 years or so, along with another western economy that has higher corporate tax rates, you know, to contextualize it.

Charter schools perform no better or worse than Public Schools.

According to Stanford's Center for Research on Education Outcomes, they don't. According to the Mathematica Policy Research Institute, they don't.

Since only one of your links worked, I'll quote from it.
But the study also found more nuanced evidence that the most effective charter schools are those serving lower-income students, especially in urban areas.

But that's the Conservative goal; to do away with Public Education because it doesn't credit Jesus with riding dinosaurs 6,000 years ago.

Betsy DeVos.
What policy has she implemented that leads to that conclusion?

Well, if you don't understand what "Real Irish GDP" and "Real US GDP" means, you may be a fucking moron.

By context, I meant within the context of its neighbors and competitors. But whatever. All that "growth", yet a persistently high unemployment rate. So if these tax cuts -that have been going on since 2006- have been so wonderful for Irish growth, where are all the jobs and why is their unemployment rate among the highest of western democracies?

I guess you could post a chart showing their unemployment rate over the last 20 years or so, along with another western economy that has higher corporate tax rates, you know, to contextualize it.

Well, I already did that several times. Starting out from the fact that Ireland's 6.4% unemployment rate is higher than the following countries:

Ireland: 6.4%
United States: 4.5%
United Kingdom: 4.8%
Scotland: 4.7%
Israel: 4.3%
Japan: 2.8%
Norway: 4.2%
Denmark: 4.3%
Germany: 3.9%
South Korea: 3.7%
Czech Republic: 4.8%
Iceland: 3.1%
Australia: 5.9%
Switzerland: 3.4%

So we are nearly 2 percentage points below Ireland in unemployment, yet our corporate tax rate is 35%.

So something in your argument doesn't jive because the facts do not.

Forum List

Back