Tax Cuts Steal Democracy

They also preceded WWII. So fucking what?

You're the one who submitted the 1920's. And the low taxes were part of the reason for the Great Depression.

Show the lack of growth after the rate cuts.

Just look at Bush's GDP from 2001-2002. 1% growth for 2001, 1.8% growth for 2002. Whereas 1999 and 2000 saw GDP growth rates of 4.7% and 4.1% respectively.

Not only that, but as taxes are cut, consumers are plunged into debt:

household-debt-vs-savings.png

In fact, one of your fellow Conservatives had a bit of a Freudian slip when he mentioned that credit cards can fill the void made up for the lack of demand. So the Conservative approach to the economy is to plunge consumers in debt, rather than get a wage increase. Look at how the household debt levels spike after tax cuts (particularly in 2001-7). If "letting people keep more of what they earned" is good, how come doing so results in increased consumer debt?

You're the one who submitted the 1920's.

You're the one who claimed there was only 37 years of proof.
Which you still haven't shown

And the low taxes were part of the reason for the Great Depression.

Prove it.

Just look at Bush's GDP from 2001-2002. 1% growth for 2001, 1.8% growth for 2002.

That's horrible! Why are you ignoring 2003, when his cuts were fully implemented?

Whereas 1999 and 2000 saw GDP growth rates of 4.7% and 4.1% respectively.

Of course, unsustainable bubbles are cool!

New suppliers hire workers. Pay them wages.

So why would they hire workers when there's no demand? Because...magic?

So why would they hire workers when there's no demand?

You're the one claiming, with no evidence, that there is no demand.

If you cut the corporate tax rate from 35% to 15%, do you feel corporations would expand or contract? Why?

If you cut individual tax rates across the board, do you feel higher after-tax incomes would cause higher demand or lower demand by consumers? Why?

Existing suppliers have to raise their wages to keep their workers.
Wages per worker rose.
Total wages rose.
Looks like demand rises as well. You're wrong again.

Again, your position starts off on the false assumption that you can manufacture demand artificially by increasing supply. You cannot do that. So because of that false assumption, the whole rest of the sweater unravels.

Prove it.

Low taxes for the wealthy increased the income gap, and the wealthy used those gains to artificially inflate the stock market.

That's horrible! Why are you ignoring 2003, when his cuts were fully implemented?

Two reasons:

1. 2003 is when the Housing Bubble started, so all growth is attributed to that.
2. Bush himself tied his tax cuts to the growth of the housing market while campaigning in 2004. Which means that tax cuts are responsible for the economic collapse...if we are to believe Bush.

Ah, so the excuses begin. So, what actually caused the dotcom bubble to appear? Wait for it...wait for it...wait for it...TAX CUTS YET AGAIN! That time, it was because of Capital Gains Tax Cuts. So thanks for leading the debate to this place where we get to blame yet another economic collapse on tax cutting policies.

<Kennedy Clip>

If you want to return to a top tax rate of 70%, I'm fine with that. Let's do it! Also, don't forget that Kennedy increased government spending by 22% from 1961-64, and LBJ increased government spending 50% from 1964-1968. Could that increased spending account for the increase in GDP?

Because they have an invention ... maybe...to make money

Just look at the bottle water industry..

When it came out I thought it was a joke and thought who the hell would pay for a buck water at the convince store.

I laughed my ass off..

Just look at the bottle water industry..

When it came out I thought it was a joke and thought who the hell would pay for a buck water at the convince store.

I laughed my ass off..

They came up with an idea, a marketing scam, needed to hire workers to produce it and it took off

Prove it.

Low taxes for the wealthy increased the income gap, and the wealthy used those gains to artificially inflate the stock market.

Two reasons:

1. 2003 is when the Housing Bubble started, so all growth is attributed to that.
2. Bush himself tied his tax cuts to the growth of the housing market while campaigning in 2004. Which means that tax cuts are responsible for the economic collapse...if we are to believe Bush.

Ah, so the excuses begin. So, what actually caused the dotcom bubble to appear? Wait for it...wait for it...wait for it...TAX CUTS YET AGAIN! That time, it was because of Capital Gains Tax Cuts. So thanks for leading the debate to this place where we get to blame yet another economic collapse on tax cutting policies.

Yet you leave out the federal reserve and want to bitch about me when I said credit cards?

Remind me again when the feds were created surly not in 1979

But if no one has any money to spend, then what's the point of giving suppliers a tax break? This is the part of the equation that always flummoxes Conservatives. They're missing a step in the process.

Just look at the bottle water industry...When it came out I thought it was a joke and thought who the hell would pay for a buck water at the convince store.I laughed my ass off..

And then look at what happened to water quality as a result...Flint, MI.

They came up with an idea, a marketing scam, needed to hire workers to produce it and it took off

Only because consumers could buy it. Now, with wages stagnant, the purchasing power for consumers has declined. Such is the case when you make them pay more for education and health care. That means less to spend on these new fangled products.

Yet you leave out the federal reserve and want to bitch about me when I said credit cards? Remind me again when the feds were created surly not in 1979

The Federal Reserve is for banks, credit cards are for consumers. The only thing they have to do with each other is the prime interest rate set by the Fed.

But if no one has any money to spend, then what's the point of giving suppliers a tax break? This is the part of the equation that always flummoxes Conservatives. They're missing a step in the process.

Just look at the bottle water industry...When it came out I thought it was a joke and thought who the hell would pay for a buck water at the convince store.I laughed my ass off..

You never have been married have you?

Do you know how many times I came home from work and found out crap we didn't need , that she bought with my money?

Well when your married , her money is hers and my money is hers.

Yet you leave out the federal reserve and want to bitch about me when I said credit cards? Remind me again when the feds were created surly not in 1979

The Federal Reserve is for banks, credit cards are for consumers. The only thing they have to do with each other is the prime interest rate set by the Fed.

Tell that to the hedge managers who made billions off of Obama's economy..

Prove it.

Two reasons:

The Great Depression didn't happen because stocks went up.
The Great Depression didn't happen because stocks went down.

2003 is when the Housing Bubble started

That doesn't mean you get to point to slow growth at old tax rates to prove anything about new tax rates.

Bush himself tied his tax cuts to the growth of the housing market while campaigning in 2004.

So what?

Ah, so the excuses begin.

I know, blaming shrinking tax revenues on something besides the bubble collapse. Weak excuse.

TAX CUTS YET AGAIN! That time, it was because of Capital Gains Tax Cuts.

Interesting theory. Tell me more!

You never have been married have you? Do you know how many times I came home from work and found out crap we didn't need , that she bought with my money? Well when your married , her money is hers and my money is hers.

Go fuck yourself.

<Kennedy Clip>

If you want to return to a top tax rate of 70%, I'm fine with that. Let's do it! Also, don't forget that Kennedy increased government spending by 22% from 1961-64, and LBJ increased government spending 50% from 1964-1968. Could that increased spending account for the increase in GDP?

If you want to return to a top tax rate of 70%, I'm fine with that.

You listened to that clip and your take away was we should raise taxes?

BTW their was a demand in the old Soviet Union...but no supply..

Why was that?

But if no one has any money to spend, then what's the point of giving suppliers a tax break?

If no one has any money to spend, now, why do you feel Obama did an awesome job?

And then look at what happened to water quality as a result...Flint, MI

Flint was caused by bottled water?

If you get a chance, please list all your current medications.
I fear you have a drug interaction that is cutting your IQ in half. And you had none to spare to begin with.

The only thing they have to do with each other is the prime interest rate set by the Fed.

Oh for fuck sake.
The Federal Reserve does not SET the Prime Rate.

Moron.

Forum List

Back