Tax the Rich: Fix Jobs and Deficits

It's SCARY to think we have people in this country who FEEL THIS WAY.

You couldn't get MORE DISGUSTING for calling to STEAL other people's money by TAXATION to use it for your own use.

but then again, this piece of crap posting came from the so called, "PROGRESSIVE (pretty name for COMMIE)" website, common dreams..

common dreams my ass..
What part of equal scares you most?

In 1979 when the richest 1% of Americans controlled 9% of US income they paid taxes at a rate of 70%. Today they pay taxes at half that rate EXCEPT when they pay at a 15% capital gains rate.

It's REALLY scary that slaves like you don't see how the rich have bribed government to lower their tax rates over the last 40 years.

Get some guts.
Fight back.
Fascist.

There simply isn't enough wealth in this entire country for the Federal Government to confiscate to pay this tab.

There are currently 18,000 baby boomers entering social security/medicare DAILY and this will continue for the next 15 years--resulting in another 64 TRILLION in unfunded liabilites on top of the 14.3 trillion in red ink now. This results in $534,000.00 per household in America owed to the Federal Government to pay this tab.

THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT IS CURRENTLY BORROWING .43 CENTS ON EVERY DOLLAR IT SPENDS.

View attachment 13978

1 BILLION DOLLARS --$100.00 BILLS STACKED ON PALLETS.

View attachment 13979

1 TRILLION DOLLARS--$100.00 BILLS STACKED ON PALLETS--Note: How small the man is in this chart.

Now when you big taxers and spenders--can tell me how and who you plan to tax the crap out of to get 74 of the above trillion dollar chart--let us know.

Truth is hard for the Left; in fact, it is their worst enemy.

The good news, Papa Obama has found a way to raise some quick cash to keep this
Progressive Utopia dream alive

I can see many "Obama Enablers" lining up for this great event

Win $5 Dream Date with Obama or How Low Can the Bidding Go?

Papa Obama has done it again with his great genius. No doubt he is the smartest President, like ever.

In thinking of new ways to raise political donations, Papa Obama has come with the concept of $5 donations to 'Win" a chance to have dinner with him.

A Dream Date, for sure. Of course, expanding on this success demands that we reach out even more for the youth vote.

Yes indeed, what pretty little "devushka" would not love a chance to win a Dream Date with Papa Obama?

beat-i2940.jpg

How many medical innovations in the US have come from government funded sources?
Many medical innovations in the US are the result of socialized medicine since they come from government funded research.

Your definition of "socialized" medicine is incorrect

Of course using your logic,
Hey if you like the job the Post Office, DMV and Public schools are doing then
you should love what "socialized" medicine can do for you

Actually those all do a very good job.

So do the police, the fire fighters, and the military.

I also like the interstate highway system, NASA, Social Security, and Medicare.

What I don't like is the fact that corporate greed has destroyed our economy twice in the last 100 years and polluted the Gulf of Mexico and run a $516 trillion dollar derivative Ponzi scheme.

So you are wrong.

Bush beat him to it.
Bush didn't add a few hundred million people to Medicare.
I suspect Bernie's proposals would make things worse.
Bernie's home state is about to find out if you're right.

"Vermont hired Harvard economist William Hsiao to come up with three alternatives to the current system. The single-payer system, Hsiao wrote, 'will produce savings of 24.3 percent of total health expenditure between 2015 and 2024.”

"An analysis by Don McCanne, M.D., of Physicians for a National Health Program, pointed out that 'these plans would cover everyone without any increase in spending since the single-payer efficiencies would be enough to pay for those currently uninsured or under-insured. So this is the really good news — single payer works.'

"Vermont Gov. Peter Shumlin explained to me his intention to sign the bill into law: 'Here’s our challenge. Our premiums go up 10, 15, 20 percent a year. This is true in the rest of the country as well.

"'They are killing small business.

"'They’re killing middle-class Americans, who have been kicked in the teeth over the last several years.

"'What our plan will do is create a single pool, get the insurance company profits, the pharmaceutical company profits, the other folks that are mining the system to make a lot of money on the backs of our illnesses, and ensure that we’re using those dollars to make Vermonters healthy.'”

Single-Payer in Vermont, A State of Healthy Firsts | Common Dreams

Yeah, when you show me Romney-care worked then I'll be willing to give Sanders-care a look.
Let me know how long it takes for Sanders-care to bankrupt Vermont. I give it 4 years.

David Stockman's influence within the Reagan Administration decreased after the Atlantic Monthly magazine published the famous 18,246 word article, "The Education of David Stockman",[3] in its December 1981 issue, based on lengthy interviews Stockman gave to reporter William Greider. The White House's public relations team thereafter attempted to limit the article's damage to Reagan's perceived fiscal-leadership skills. Stockman was quoted as referring to Reagan's tax act as: "I mean, Kemp-Roth [Reagan's 1981 tax cut] was always a Trojan horse to bring down the top rate....

David Stockman - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I always knew Stockman was a weasel, now I know he was an idiot too.
Yeah, dropping the top rate from 70% to 50% was a sneaky way to drop the top rate (from 70% to 50%). LOL!

In the first three months of 2011, ExxonMobil announced nearly $11 billion in profits, Shell $6.9 billion and BP $5.5 billion.

The five largest oil companies have reaped nearly $1 trillion in profits over the last 10 years. We know oil companies don’t need our hard-earned tax dollars, yet Congress gives $4 billion in tax breaks to Big Oil yearly.

Because of the divided 5-4 Citizens United decision by the Supreme Court, corporations like ExxonMobil have money to burn and can now spend unlimited amounts of money to influence elections. In just three months, the Big Five Oil companies contributed a quarter million dollars to members of Congress. You don’t need a crystal ball to see why Big Oil is getting big tax credits.

Too many anti-environmental politicians are willing to accept money from big oil and other dirty polluters who spoil our landscape, pollute our waterways, streams and drinking water, and ignore the warnings of scientists who say time is running out to solve global warming before its effects become irreversible. They and greedy corporations mislead voters with false information by claiming measures to protect our environment are bad for the economy and job killers.

In the face of huge budget deficits, budget cuts, painful gas prices and oil company profits, voters didn’t authorize Congress to give tax dollars to Big Oil. They would rather invest in renewable energy sources, clean air and water to reduce our dangerous dependence on oil hurting our economy and harming the environment.

A February Wall Street Journal/NBC poll found 74 percent of Americans supported ending tax breaks for Big Oil. Yet, pro-polluter lawmakers led by House Speaker John Boehner voted to continue handouts for Big Oil and cut support for clean energy.

Letter: Don

Tax breaks? What tax breaks? Be specific.

The country doesn't have income, how can the country's income increase?
Lowering the top rate from 70% to 28% was a Trojan Horse to lower taxes for the rich?
Someone sounds confused about what the Trojan Horse was.
Allowing the rich to keep more of their own money transfers money from the middle class to the rich how exactly? Please run thru the steps if you could?
What oil company subsidies are you talking about? Be specific.

The Left views in their radical approach, that all money belongs to the gov't.
Therefore, any money you keep that you earn is out of the "kindness" of the gov't's heart

I am surprised the Left is pulling out the Class warfare card so soon. Before you know it the race card is bound to come out....

One has to wonder why they just can run on Papa Obama's record to convince the American people he knows what he is doing on the budget
:eusa_whistle:
The richest 2% are happy, and they play the Class warfare card daily.

"Thanks largely to the $13 trillion Wall Street bailout – while keeping the debt overhead in place for America’s 'bottom 98 per cent' – this happy 2 per cent of the population now receives an estimated three quarters (~75 per cent) of the returns to wealth (interest, dividends, rent and capital gains).

"This is nearly double what it received a generation ago.

"The rest of the population is being squeezed, and foreclosures are rising.

Michael Hudson: Obama's Greatest Betrayal

$13 trillion bailout? Please show your math.

David Stockman's influence within the Reagan Administration decreased after the Atlantic Monthly magazine published the famous 18,246 word article, "The Education of David Stockman",[3] in its December 1981 issue, based on lengthy interviews Stockman gave to reporter William Greider. The White House's public relations team thereafter attempted to limit the article's damage to Reagan's perceived fiscal-leadership skills. Stockman was quoted as referring to Reagan's tax act as: "I mean, Kemp-Roth [Reagan's 1981 tax cut] was always a Trojan horse to bring down the top rate....

Yeah, dropping the top rate from 70% to 50% was a sneaky way to drop the top rate (from 70% to 50%). LOL!

Warren Buffett, the third-richest man in the world, has criticised the US tax system for allowing him to pay a lower rate than his secretary and his cleaner.

Speaking at a $4,600-a-seat fundraiser in New York for Senator Hillary Clinton, Mr Buffett, who is worth an estimated $52 billion (£26 billion), said: “The 400 of us [here] pay a lower part of our income in taxes than our receptionists do, or our cleaning ladies, for that matter. If you’re in the luckiest 1 per cent of humanity, you owe it to the rest of humanity to think about the other 99 per cent.”

Mr Buffett said that he was taxed at 17.7 per cent on the $46 million he made last year, without trying to avoid paying higher taxes, while his secretary, who earned $60,000, was taxed at 30 per cent. Mr Buffett told his audience, which included John Mack, the chairman of Morgan Stanley, and Alan Patricof, the founder of the US branch of Apax Partners, that US government policy had accentuated a disparity of wealth that hurt the economy by stifling opportunity and motivation.

Buffett blasts system that lets him pay less tax than secretary - Times Online

The Left views in their radical approach, that all money belongs to the gov't.
Therefore, any money you keep that you earn is out of the "kindness" of the gov't's heart

I am surprised the Left is pulling out the Class warfare card so soon. Before you know it the race card is bound to come out....

One has to wonder why they just can run on Papa Obama's record to convince the American people he knows what he is doing on the budget
:eusa_whistle:

"Thanks largely to the $13 trillion Wall Street bailout – while keeping the debt overhead in place for America’s 'bottom 98 per cent' – this happy 2 per cent of the population now receives an estimated three quarters (~75 per cent) of the returns to wealth (interest, dividends, rent and capital gains).

ReaganBushDebt.org

Warren Buffett, the third-richest man in the world, has criticised the US tax system for allowing him to pay a lower rate than his secretary and his cleaner.

Speaking at a $4,600-a-seat fundraiser in New York for Senator Hillary Clinton, Mr Buffett, who is worth an estimated $52 billion (£26 billion), said: “The 400 of us [here] pay a lower part of our income in taxes than our receptionists do, or our cleaning ladies, for that matter. If you’re in the luckiest 1 per cent of humanity, you owe it to the rest of humanity to think about the other 99 per cent.”

Mr Buffett said that he was taxed at 17.7 per cent on the $46 million he made last year, without trying to avoid paying higher taxes, while his secretary, who earned $60,000, was taxed at 30 per cent. Mr Buffett told his audience, which included John Mack, the chairman of Morgan Stanley, and Alan Patricof, the founder of the US branch of Apax Partners, that US government policy had accentuated a disparity of wealth that hurt the economy by stifling opportunity and motivation.

I already showed on this very thread that Buffett was a liar.

Here it is........
"Mr Buffett said that he was taxed at 17.7 per cent on the $46 million he made last year, without trying to avoid paying higher taxes, while his secretary, who earned $60,000, was taxed at 30 per cent"

Bullshit!!!

In 2006, here were the rates.

$0-$7550 10% $755

$7550-$30650 15% +$755

$30650-$74220 25% +$4220

If his secretary took the standard deduction and exemption, $5150 and $3300,
her taxes would be $9445 on AGI of $51550. 18% of AGI or 15.7% of gross income.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/172042-tax-the-rich-fix-jobs-and-deficits-32.html#post3810015

ReaganBushDebt.org

Nothing there about a bailout. Try again?

Here it is........
"Mr Buffett said that he was taxed at 17.7 per cent on the $46 million he made last year, without trying to avoid paying higher taxes, while his secretary, who earned $60,000, was taxed at 30 per cent"

Bullshit!!!

$0-$7550 10% $755

$7550-$30650 15% +$755

$30650-$74220 25% +$4220

http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/172042-tax-the-rich-fix-jobs-and-deficits-32.html#post3810015

The wealthy have ways of avoiding paying the top rate.

I feel kind of bad for you. You really don't seem to know very much.

Here it is........

Bullshit!!!

$0-$7550 10% $755

$7550-$30650 15% +$755

$30650-$74220 25% +$4220

I don't know very much? It only took me about 5 minutes to show that Warren Buffett is a lying sack of shit.
Maybe you can show his 30% claim was correct. Please show all your work. LOL!

I know, let's destroy Medicare and cut taxes on the mega rich! How can people get so brainwashed...

Oh shut it. No one is suggesting Medicare be destroyed. Of course you people, those who cannot fathom an entitlement program being touched for any reason, scream bloody murder at the mere suggestion that Medicare for example is going broke.
All you greedy fucks care about is as long as it's around long enough for you to "get yours". Never mind the future generations, right genius?

Buffet, this rich guy has been carping about driving up tax rates on all Americans for decades, He believes we should be paying rates similar to those in Europe.
If Buffet is so God damned interested in funding government, let him write a few checks.
Fuck Warren Buffet.

Here it is........

Bullshit!!!

$0-$7550 10% $755

$7550-$30650 15% +$755

$30650-$74220 25% +$4220

Please stop it.
There are boundless amounts of facts that prove you are incorrect.

Buffet, this rich guy has been carping about driving up tax rates on all Americans for decades, He believes we should be paying rates similar to those in Europe.
If Buffet is so God damned interested in funding government, let him write a few checks.
Fuck Warren Buffet.

That is sort of the point though. The top .01 percent uber rich that Warren Buffet falls in do not care about getting taxed at a slightly higher rate. Almost all of them are for that practice. The problem is that arising their taxes amounts to almost NOTHING in revenue. In order to actually generate a number that could pay the electric bill at the Whitehouse you need to dig FAR deeper so we end up talking about raising taxes on the top 5 or 10 percent of the population. The problem with that is they DO care and are affected by that tax increase. Those are the innovators and job creators that are going to be affected and will change habits should their taxes increase.

Many medical innovations in the US are the result of socialized medicine since they come from government funded research.

Your definition of "socialized" medicine is incorrect

Of course using your logic,
Hey if you like the job the Post Office, DMV and Public schools are doing then
you should love what "socialized" medicine can do for you

Actually those all do a very good job.

So do the police, the fire fighters, and the military.

I also like the interstate highway system, NASA, Social Security, and Medicare.

What I don't like is the fact that corporate greed has destroyed our economy twice in the last 100 years and polluted the Gulf of Mexico and run a $516 trillion dollar derivative Ponzi scheme.

So you are wrong.

So if you like the DMV then you will like socialized medicine
Run with that - Good luck with that one....

You do add a living dynamic to the term "useful idiot"
It is sad how so often, so many call for socialism have little idea of what it really is or means.

While many can agree on the "ends", they have little understanding of the means.
No doubt the reason so many still hang on to the failed policies of socialism and ignore history.

Wait, let me guess, the Left will get it "right", this time......

Perhaps, one does have to wonder while the Left has gone to class warfare so soon in this election cycle?
It is almost like they don't want to run on Papa Obama's record or use his record to convince people to
trust him on the budget.

I say we also need the "race" card NOW, comrade!
We can never be too well prepared....
:eusa_angel:

You would make Lenin proud....

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBoBc-ifDmk"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBoBc-ifDmk[/ame]

Last edited:

Forum List

Back