Tax the rich, lose the rich

The past is prologue...

I remember the same whiny bullshit when Clinton wanted to raise taxes a few percent. Then the GOP took over congress in 1994 and started cutting spending. What happened was a balanced budget and a glide-path to paying off the Debt....up until the dems passed the Community Reinvestment Act, which set the stage for the financial collapse.....more on this later....

The what happened on the way to prosperity?

The Bush Tax cuts and several wars and "The American Jobs Creation Act" (which actually gave tax breaks to move factories overseas) happened and .....before ......Bush ....could......leave.......office......the U.S. economy collapsed!!!

With his tax cuts still in-place, his failure to fix the dems' messes in Fannie & Freddie and his own fiscal screw-ups all combined to crash the U.S. economy, Bush slinked out of D.C. I wish Greenspan was under it when it collapsed (picture the "wicked witch of the west") because the "maestro" was a clown.

In comes Obama who wins simply because the GOP failed spectacularly....then proceeds to heap more debt on the taxpayers...can't blame the dems entirely.....they were given a totally fucked-up economy to deal with.

So I tend to disagree with both sides on how to fix the economy, IMHO its tax the rich, especially the ones with off-shore accounts, cut spending to manageable levels, and make tax breaks to create domestic jobs not to outsource them.

Last edited:
The past is prologue...

I remember the same whiny bullshit when Clinton wanted to raise taxes a few percent. Then the GOP took over congress in 1994 and started cutting spending. What happened was a balanced budget and a glide-path to paying off the Debt....up until the dems passed the Community Reinvestment Act, which set the stage for the financial collapse.....more on this later....

The Bush Tax cuts and several wars and "The American Jobs Creation Act" (which actually gave tax breaks to move factories overaseas) happened and .....before ......Bush ....could......leave.......office......the U.S. economy collapsed!!!

With his tax cuts still in-place, his failure to fix the dems' messes in Fannie & Freddie and his own fiscal screw-ups all combined to crash the U.S. economy, Bush slinked out of D.C. I wish Greenspan was under it when it collapsed (picture the "wicked witch of the west") because the "maestro" was a clown.

In comes Obama who wins simply because the GOP failed spectacularly....then proceeds to heap more debt on the taxpayers...can't blame the dems entirely.....they were given a totally fucked-up economy to deal with.

So I tend to disagree with both sides on how to fix the economy, IMHO its tax the rich, especially the ones with off-shore accounts, cut spending to manageable levels, and make tax breaks to create domestic jobs not to outsource them.

I agree with everything up to tax the "rich", first lets quantify the rich, we cannot ask obama to do that because he changes the playing field.

So, lets pick a number.

What level of income is considered 'rich', forget brackets, pick a number.

Trickle down worked so well in the past didnt it? Uh, no? it was a horrible mistake by ol Ronnie? Really? We are really saying, hey....rich people, you deserve a tax break becuase all the money you get, it will go to the rest of america, righty?

Really? TRICKLE DOWN DOESN'T WORK. Fools.

The past is prologue...

The Bush Tax cuts and several wars and "The American Jobs Creation Act" (which actually gave tax breaks to move factories overaseas) happened and .....before ......Bush ....could......leave.......office......the U.S. economy collapsed!!!

I agree with everything up to tax the "rich", first lets quantify the rich, we cannot ask obama to do that because he changes the playing field.

So, lets pick a number.

The top 2% who got the breaks in the first place. Those who benfited because of bush....they should be taxed like the rest of us.

Agree?

(There are idiots out there who are for giving the rich tax breaks even though it will cost AMERICA billions.) Wow.

The past is prologue...

So, lets pick a number.

The top 2% who got the breaks in the first place. Those who benfited because of bush....they should be taxed like the rest of us.

Agree?

(There are idiots out there who are for giving the rich tax breaks even though it will cost AMERICA billions.) Wow.

I said forget brackets or even %'s, I would be interested in seeing that some folks see as "rich" in real numbers, 200K, 250K? 1 Million? what?

So, lets pick a number.

Agree?

I said forget brackets or even %'s, I would be interested in seeing that some folks see as "rich" in real numbers, 200K, 250K? 1 Million? what?

and I say do the math..get the average, and find out what the top 2% is. Stop being lazy. Better yet, find out who Bush said would get those tax breaks and ask them to stop and help our country and not themselves.

God Bless America.

Last edited:

Agree?

and I say do the math..get the average, and find out what the top 2% is. Stop being lazy. Better yet, find out who Bush said would get those tax breaks and ask them to stop and help our country and not themselves.

God Bless America.

its not a matter of being lazy I am asking a question- of course if you don't want to answer and quantify it, well hey thats cool....you are of course free to google the top 2% of earners and post the numbers.

The past is prologue...

The Bush Tax cuts and several wars and "The American Jobs Creation Act" (which actually gave tax breaks to move factories overseas) happened and .....before ......Bush ....could......leave.......office......the U.S. economy collapsed!!!

IMO, I saw the 2005 Big Oil gouge as the start of the economic collapse, when a lot of small businesses went under along with layoffs & bank collapses, spiralling high food prices.

God Bless America.

its not a matter of being lazy I am asking a question- of course if you don't want to answer and quantify it, well hey thats cool....you are of course free to google the top 2% of earners and post the numbers.

and so are you...google is your friend. Are you really going to defend this crap? Google and find out exactly who got those cuts...then tell them its time to pay like the rest of us...the 98% of us....not the top two percent.

if you are one of them, I get it. You are pissed the break is gone. Well, its time to pay like the rest of us.

Republicans are tools for the rich and I await your next post.

God Bless America.

and so are you...google is your friend. Are you really going to defend this crap? Google and find out exactly who got those cuts...then tell them its time to pay like the rest of us...the 98% of us....not the top two percent.

if you are one of them, I get it. You are pissed the break is gone. Well, its time to pay like the rest of us.

pick a number zona, don't be bashful- 200K, 250K? 500K, 1 Million? 5 Million? whats the rich income level you think should be taxed at the highest rates?

pick a number zona, don't be bashful- 200K, 250K? 500K, 1 Million? 5 Million? whats the rich income level you think should be taxed at the highest rates?

its simple...WHO GOT THOSE CUTS? that is your magic percentage....are you this lazy?

IMHO going back to the "Clinton tax rates" or not is the question. Why re-invent the wheel, just let the fucking tax cuts expire and go after off-shore tax shelters too.

The 2010 Statistical Abstract: Income, Expenditures, Poverty, & Wealth

the tax cuts, all of them? I see. Is that supposed to help?

It worked in the 1990s and would definately be better than all the red-ink we're running now. You have not addressed the FACT that the economy collapsed in-spite of the Bush tax cuts. What part of "THEY DID NOT WORK" don't you get?

If we ever get back to a minimal Debt, we'll cut taxes then, not before, not with SS & Medicare going broke.

Trickle down worked so well in the past didnt it? Uh, no? it was a horrible mistake by ol Ronnie? Really? We are really saying, hey....rich people, you deserve a tax break becuase all the money you get, it will go to the rest of america, righty?

Really? TRICKLE DOWN DOESN'T WORK. Fools.

So let's try trickle-up poverty!

its simple...WHO GOT THOSE CUTS? that is your magic percentage....are you this lazy?

every bracket got reduced zona.

IMHO going back to the "Clinton tax rates" or not is the question. Why re-invent the wheel, just let the fucking tax cuts expire and go after off-shore tax shelters too.

The 2010 Statistical Abstract: Income, Expenditures, Poverty, & Wealth

the tax cuts, all of them? I see. Is that supposed to help?

It worked in the 1990s and would definately be better than all the red-ink we're running now. You have not addressed the FACT that the economy collapsed in-spite of the Bush tax cuts. What part of "THEY DID NOT WORK" don't you get?

If we ever get back to a minimal Debt, we'll cut taxes then, not before, not with SS & Medicare going broke.

the tax cuts had little to do with it. How much do you think the tax cuts , if not enacted would have brought in on a year by year basis? Thats no magic bullet, at all.

The economy collapsed because we had reached the end of our 'buy today pay tomorrow' rope. Set up by the housing market imploding.

AND the gov. living beyond its means, Bushs problem was he spent like there was no tomorrow, NOT that we had insufficient tax revenue.

Like it or not, if you, especially now, raise the rates that 3.5%, add in the huge increase in cap gains etc., that may not sound like a lot but at those numbers it is, money will sit on the sidelines...this isn't a conspiracy, its the game.

Over $500,000...

thank you. so as a business owner who made $505.000, who files as an individual which most llc's and S corps and the rest do, after taxes, what do you think he or she nets? ballpark figure?

Over $500,000...

thank you. so as a business owner who made $505.000, who files as an individual which most llc's and S corps and the rest do, after taxes, what do you think he or she nets? ballpark figure?

No idea....

Forum List

Back