🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Taxing the wealthy more will have little to no impact on your life or anyone around you

It will only enable the government to spend more money on stupid ass senseless projects like shrimp on treadmills.
You stupid liberals will vote for it and see NONE OF IT. It will be blown on wasteful spending just like the vast majority of your taxes

Well actually it does.

When the tax rate on the uber wealthy was around 90%, very few actually paid that rate.

Instead of lavishing themselves with huge salaries, executives would do more meaningful things like pay employees and invest in their companies.

The thing the wealthy hate more than paying their workers is paying taxes.

Not sure if serious..:disbelief:

Yes, that's why I asked

:alcoholic:

I'm just shocked that you have such a limited understanding of how business works.
Taxes are a cost of doing business.
When those costs rise the prices rise right along with them. Do you think the owner is just going to eat those costs?
It doesn't mean you shouldn't tax business

As long as you dont mind paying for their tax increase.

I'm just shocked that you have such a limited understanding of how business works.
When those costs rise the prices rise right along with them. Do you think the owner is just going to eat those costs?

I know perfectly well how business works, comrade

And taxes are not a cost of doing business since they pay taxes on profits (which is by definition income minus cost)

Also, businesses already maximize profit. If they could raise prices without consequences they would have already have done so, that's why I asked how higher taxes lead to higher prices for the consumer.

Yes, that's why I asked

I also pay for increased labor costs, increased cost of supplies and increased costs of insurance

You are only taxed on your profit. More money you are making, the more you will pay

I know perfectly well how business works, comrade

And taxes are not a cost of doing business since they pay taxes on profits (which is by definition income minus cost)

Also, businesses already maximize profit. If they could raise prices without consequences they would have already have done so, that's why I asked how higher taxes lead to higher prices for the consumer.

Bullshit.
They dont raise prices because they have to stay competitive with the competition.
When there is a tax hike all businesses take the hit and all of them raise prices.
So no you dont have any idea how business works.

And calling me comrade is akin to calling Bernie Kernal Sanders a right wing extremist.
Giving the impression you know nothing of politics as well.

Yes, that's why I asked

I also pay for increased labor costs, increased cost of supplies and increased costs of insurance

You are only taxed on your profit. More money you are making, the more you will pay

What the fuck does that have to do with a tax increase?

No..the more YOU pay to make up for the businesses lost revenue.

It is a debate they could easily win if they wanted. I don't think they do however. Ultimately the rich who fund their campaigns want the cheap labor. The repubs talk like they want to do something, but really they don't.

You have a bad habit of turning things off you don't like to hear or read.

I just listed three things that are relevant to Republicans and their stance on foreigners coming to this country, and you act like I never responded at all.

Senate Dems to block bill punishing 'sanctuary cities'
By SUSAN FERRECHIO (@SUSANFERRECHIO) • 10/17/15 12:01 AM

Will they get it passed? Are they getting the public behind them?

The only public behind them are those that are in tune with conservative broadcasts like Bill O'Reilly and Fox News. The MSM doesn't spend much time reporting on things like this so how would they get the word out?

They're doing everything they can, but our government (by design) was created so that no one power controls all. All they can do is take action and hope the public is paying attention.

They aren't really trying. People aren't behind it because they look like a bunch of jerks trying to kick out poor immigrants. They need to get the message across that it is to increase wages and help with inequality. They need to make any dems against it look bad, but they don't do that. They don't really want to pass anything. Their rich owners want the cheap labor.

The Republicans are fighting to stop this amnesty and illegals, and the Democrats are fighting to keep it. You choose which side you're on.

They aren't fighting very hard. They have a majority in congress.

Bullshit.
They dont raise prices because they have to stay competitive with the competition.
When there is a tax hike all businesses take the hit and all of them raise prices.

That's not logical, according to the "free" market ideology, prices are determined by supply and demand. There is a price that maximizes profit, it doesn't matter if you tax that profit by 10%, 20% or 30%, the price that maximizes profit is still the same.

And calling me comrade is akin to calling Bernie Kernal Sanders a right wing extremist.

And Bernie isn't a right wing extremist, just a moderate rightwinger.

I call lots of people comrade, no need to get upset. I could also call you a clueless Ayn Rand fanatic but I try not to be insulting.

:coffee:

It is a debate they could easily win if they wanted. I don't think they do however. Ultimately the rich who fund their campaigns want the cheap labor. The repubs talk like they want to do something, but really they don't.

You have a bad habit of turning things off you don't like to hear or read.

I just listed three things that are relevant to Republicans and their stance on foreigners coming to this country, and you act like I never responded at all.

By SUSAN FERRECHIO (@SUSANFERRECHIO) • 10/17/15 12:01 AM

Will they get it passed? Are they getting the public behind them?

The only public behind them are those that are in tune with conservative broadcasts like Bill O'Reilly and Fox News. The MSM doesn't spend much time reporting on things like this so how would they get the word out?

They're doing everything they can, but our government (by design) was created so that no one power controls all. All they can do is take action and hope the public is paying attention.

They aren't really trying. People aren't behind it because they look like a bunch of jerks trying to kick out poor immigrants. They need to get the message across that it is to increase wages and help with inequality. They need to make any dems against it look bad, but they don't do that. They don't really want to pass anything. Their rich owners want the cheap labor.

The Republicans are fighting to stop this amnesty and illegals, and the Democrats are fighting to keep it. You choose which side you're on.

The repubs fight for a balance budget by giving the richest tax breaks and increasing military spending. Not much of a fight there either.

Bullshit.

That's not logical, according to the "free" market ideology, prices are determined by supply and demand. There is a price that maximizes profit, it doesn't matter if you tax that profit by 10%, 20% or 30%, the price that maximizes profit is still the same.

I call lots of people comrade, no need to get upset. I could also call you a clueless Ayn Rand fanatic but I try not to be insulting.

So in your opinion the business will just eat the added expense?
You do realize a lot of businesses run on razor thin margins and any added increase that cant be offset by price hikes will be made up in lower pay for employees or the down sizing of staff,or the closing of the business all together.

And why would I be upset at your stupidity?

It will only enable the government to spend more money on stupid ass senseless projects like shrimp on treadmills.
You stupid liberals will vote for it and see NONE OF IT. It will be blown on wasteful spending just like the vast majority of your taxes

...and Taxes just line politicians pockets.

Yes, that's why I asked

Of course. That is the way capitalism works. As a cost of doing business, you pay taxes to pay for roads, police and fire protection , schools from which you benefit

You are taxed on the profit from your business. If you can pass that on and still compete in the market, that is what you do

Of course. That is the way capitalism works. As a cost of doing business, you pay taxes to pay for roads, police and fire protection , schools from which you benefit

You are taxed on the profit from your business. If you can pass that on and still compete in the market, that is what you do

Yeah? And what do the welfare tit suckers contribute for those same services?
You cheer biting the hand that feeds you. One day that hand is going to slap the shit out of you.

Bullshit.

So in your opinion the business will just eat the added expense?
You do realize a lot of businesses run on razor thin margins and any added increase that cant be offset by price hikes will be made up in lower pay for employees or the down sizing of staff,or the closing of the business all together.

And why would I be upset at your stupidity?

That is why corporate tax breaks should be based on employing in the US, wages, and benefits. Everyone wins.

Forum List

Back