Teacher Defends Showing Her Class Gay Disney Film

Okay I can't believe I'm saying this, but after hearing the teacher in question talk it seems like it was all just a big misunderstanding and SweetSue92 is right. It wasn't a wise idea, but definitely an overreaction.

1,000 facepalms

Most EVERYTHING you post here about teachers is "overreaction". We have very serious issues in this nation. Maybe we can all take a million chill pills about some random teacher showing a Disney movie somewhere.

PERSPECTIVE

Yes they did, unless you are only talking about the original colonies.

Your quote had screwed up punctuation.

To answer a previous post of yours:

Every single child in our classroom is there because of heterosexual, natural human reproduction. You can't change that. Neither can I. Neither can they. We all know this instinctively if nothing else.

There is a big difference between society accepting that some will be gay and allowing them to live safe and free, and society saying there is NO DIFFERENCE between being gay and heterosexual. Of course there is. The latter builds families--builds humanity. The former does not.

Kids know this. Everyone knows this. You can't change it.

Every single child in our classroom is there because of heterosexual, natural human reproduction. You can't change that. Neither can I. Neither can they. We all know this instinctively if nothing else.

Yup. No argument here.

There is a big difference between society accepting that some will be gay and allowing them to live safe and free, and society saying there is NO DIFFERENCE between being gay and heterosexual. Of course there is. The latter builds families--builds humanity. The former does not.

I agree there is a difference, but it is not a value difference.

The latter breeds. That’s it.

Both build humanity, families, and contribute to well-being of the greater community.

Are we going to teach kids person’s value is tied to the ability to breed?

The issue isn’t reproduction but teaching kids that all kinds of people belong in our communities and there is nothing wrong with it. If a child eventually finds out he is gay, erasing it from the classroom is not going to change that and likewise, viewing a homosexual character is not going to turn a straight person gay. The only thing it does is make the one child a bit less isolated and the other a bit more aware and accepting of the variety of people in our community.

If the film is rated PG that is true. Parental Guidance--she's not the parent. But she also showed a recent Disney film. That alone is iffy with copyright. New teacher for sure.
I believe she got permission slips from the parents to view a PG movie.

1,000 facepalms

Most EVERYTHING you post here about teachers is "overreaction". We have very serious issues in this nation. Maybe we can all take a million chill pills about some random teacher showing a Disney movie somewhere.

PERSPECTIVE
What is happening with teachers is what is happening with a lot of things. People latch onto beliefs or conspiracy theories that are largely unfounded. They find a few videos of bad teachers, which get endlessly hyped and recirculated, and suddenly “a lot” of the nation’s 3,152,000 public school teachers are bad or groomers.

The vast majority of teachers go into it because they love it REGARDLESS of whether their personal views are left or right, and I think most teachers are professional enough to separate their personal political views from their work.

Yup. No argument here.

I agree there is a difference, but it is not a value difference.

The latter breeds. That’s it.

Both build humanity, families, and contribute to well-being of the greater community.

Are we going to teach kids person’s value is tied to the ability to breed?

The issue isn’t reproduction but teaching kids that all kinds of people belong in our communities and there is nothing wrong with it. If a child eventually finds out he is gay, erasing it from the classroom is not going to change that and likewise, viewing a homosexual character is not going to turn a straight person gay. The only thing it does is make the one child a bit less isolated and the other a bit more aware and accepting of the variety of people in our community.

Gay people do not make families. Children do best in the homes of their biological, married parents, statistically. That does not mean that all married heterosexual parents are stellar, nor that all gay parents are awful. But statistically, children are most stable in the home of those who created them.

We all know this is true. Again. Aside from food, it's our deepest instinct.

What is happening with teachers is what is happening with a lot of things. People latch onto beliefs or conspiracy theories that are largely unfounded. They find a few videos of bad teachers, which get endlessly hyped and recirculated, and suddenly “a lot” of the nation’s 3,152,000 public school teachers are bad or groomers.

The vast majority of teachers go into it because they love it REGARDLESS of whether their personal views are left or right, and I think most teachers are professional enough to separate their personal political views from their work.

In their quest to destroy the Right, the Left has burned the entire nation to the ground. See: Identity Politics. See: Woke. See: Defund the Police.

I no longer care. This is what will undo this nation, btw. Law-abiding, productive people like me who are saying, F it. let it burn.

You sure do harp on normal a lot. As someone already pointed out, redheads are not ‘normal’. Does that mean any movie with a redhead in it is redhead themed?

Ah, there was this girl from Tennessee when I was a freshman in college. She was extraordinary.

Gay people do not make families. Children do best in the homes of their biological, married parents, statistically. That does not mean that all married heterosexual parents are stellar, nor that all gay parents are awful. But statistically, children are most stable in the home of those who created them.

We all know this is true. Again. Aside from food, it's our deepest instinct.

Gay people do not make families? That's a silly statement. Does that mean that adoptive parents and their children are not families? What if one of the members of a gay couple has a biological child?

Apologies if already posted, but did not see.

The state wants to interview the kids. Wow ok. First as a parent: bleep you as policy we don't answer questions without a lawyer and me present (my Boy has used that already). Second...really? REALLY?!?!

State may question Florida students who watched Disney film with gay character in class​

The Florida Department of Education could visit a K-8 school in Hernando County as early as Wednesday as part of an ongoing investigation into a fifth-grade teacher’s decision to show a Disney movie featuring a gay character in her classroom.
A letter sent home to parents Friday and obtained by the Miami Herald indicated a representative from the Office of Professional Practices of the state’s education department “will be on campus on or about Wednesday, May 17, 2023.” If the parent has no objection, the representative “may interview your daughter/son in connection with an investigation of a Florida certified educator,” the letter read.

Humans don't live in an ant colony. They should learn American history, its inception its governing structure, the Founders, etc. Other country's histories can be covered as another subject like World History. The proper word is 'whose.' You didn't learn very well apparently.
World history is taught in Jr High / Sr. High as well, at least it used to be.

Following this argument no film or work should be permitted that has step parents or adoptive parents.

Forum List

Back