🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Teachers face firing over support of fellow teacher convicted of molestation

The teacher has every right to express his feelings on the matter.

The Board has every right to discipline and fire him.

The Court will be the final say if the teacher is fired and he sues.

As usual the only people who win will be the lawyers.

just to clarify, it was multiple teachers supporting the molester, and they were all female.

They should never be permitted to work around children ever again. If they have children, said children should probably be removed from their homes immediately. These teachers are either truly evil or too stupid to be permitted to breed.

"Does the first amendment protect a teacher's job when it comes to something like this?"

This is a excellent situation for the question that you raise.

Although it makes me feel uneasy in this particular connection....the answer is 'yes.'

Although a private business should be able to discharge employees who damage their brand, institutions that are part of the government should, at the very least, respect the Constitution.

Shunning is acceptable, but no more than that.

But is the parents rejection of the teachers continued employment at the school really a government reaction? This is not congress making laws that ban the teachers from working, this is the customers of the school saying they do not want these people working with thier children.

So because they work for the government teachers get carte blanche to say whatever they want and keep there jobs?

"So because they work for the government teachers get carte blanche to say whatever they want and keep there jobs?"

That's the essence of the First Amendment.

So, you would be fine were a teacher to lead a march of neo-Nazis, then? Or found a chapter of NAMBLA?

They have every right to judge those matters. However, termination follows certain procedures.

And, yes, time will tell.

What would be interesting is to learn if any of the teachers and the parents go to the same churches: that would be interesting!

Would you support teachers' rights to claim that a fellow teacher "made a mistake" and deserves leniency if the felon murdered a gay student out of hate?

Nonsense, Marty. This is a 1st amendment issue that the courts will have to decide, not you or anyone else.

So the parents have a choice. continue paying for an education by a person they now despise, or go send their kids to private school, and pay twice.

Just to protect some idiotic teachers who supported in court a child molester.

This is not about redressing the government for grievences, its about losing the trust of the parents who's children you teach.

Marty, yup, you are right you cannot deny another individual's protected right to be involved in court.

The parents certainly have every right to complain and to vote against the school board members at election.

They have every right to judge those matters. However, termination follows certain procedures.

What would be interesting is to learn if any of the teachers and the parents go to the same churches: that would be interesting!

Would you support teachers' rights to claim that a fellow teacher "made a mistake" and deserves leniency if the felon murdered a gay student out of hate?

Sure, I would, and call them out for being stupid.

Permitting the right to participate in court does not translate to agreement.

The sodomite agenda trumps the mental health and welfare of young boys. That's why NAMBLA is allowed to exist in the open and is part of the democrat base and why the radical left is at war with the Boy Scouts of America.

So at what point is a teacher's opinion grounds for removing them from a position of authority over children?

Seriously? Defending a convicted child molester?

Oh, whatever. I do think it is interesting that the boy has moved away from his parents. I suspect they are more of a problem in his life than the story lets on.

Ever heard of Mary Kay Letorneau? She's a teacher who started having sex with one of her students when she was 34 and he was 13. He was actually the pursuer. Anyway, they got caught and she was awaiting trial. While out on bail, she was caught having sex in a car with the boy. She was ultimately convicted and sent to prison for 7 1/2 years.

To sum up, when she got out of prison, the "boy" now 21, was waiting for her. He went to a judge and got the order for no contact with her rescinded. Then they got married. They already had two children from before. Her children from a previous marriage attended the wedding.

My husband told me that when he was in high school, one of his friends had gotten himself legally emancipated at the age of 14 and was living with a 35 year old woman. My husband said they were just a couple...no big deal.

And...I am 12 years older than my husband. If I'd met him when I was 25 and he was 13, loving him would be a crime. Luckily, I was 37 and he was 25 years old.

I'm just not that quick to judge. Teenagers are not babies, they're sexually functioning young adults. Sometimes they may be taken advantage of, and that is not right. But sometimes they are not being taken advantage of, they are equal partners in the relationship.

Mary Kay Letourneau - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited:

So at what point is a teacher's opinion grounds for removing them from a position of authority over children?

Asking for mercy is not defending a child molester. I would not ask for mercy for one who was convicted of it, but I respect the right of others to do so.

Did the teachers have their students sit down and right a petition to the judge for mercy on behalf of the convicted and then put their little palm prints to it?

If that happened, I would remove the teacher.

Asking for mercy is not defending a child molester. I would not ask for mercy for one who was convicted of it, but I respect the right of others to do so.

Did the teachers have their students sit down and right a petition to the judge for mercy on behalf of the convicted and then put their little palm prints to it?

If that happened, I would remove the teacher.

"He made a mistake"

That's right there in the testimony. I would consider any teacher who made this statement to be a potential threat to my child.

I'm not talking about people who said that this is a guy with problems and he needs to be kept from children but don't put him away for life. I'm not talking about people who say that he's an otherwise great person and there were mitigating circumstances.

No this was a teacher who said, "he made a mistake," when referring to a multi-year abusive pattern.

Not only should the perp be removed from any contact with kids, the idiot who uttered that phrase needs to be removed too.

NAMBLA is really part of the libertarian base.

No, it really isn't.

Maybe in Somalia, that other land of libertarianism in the minds of liberals.

Oh, yeah, it is. Some of us on the Board have known such so-called libertarians who wanted the age of consent laws lowered: less government, you know. Yuck.

"So-called libertarians" on a message board are not necessarily "part of the libertarian base." I'm sure you could find some actual registered Libertarian Party voters who are all sorts of sick. But that still wouldn't make them "part of the libertarian base."

All parties have sickos that register to vote in them.

No.
Public school teachers, are 17 times more likely to abuse kids than priests, that's per capita.

Few if any priests showed up in criminal courts demanding lower sentences.
You get that bit?
The bit you ignored?
So, it's still there, liberals said this never happened, subjected me to the most horrific abuse for saying it did.
And lo and behold, here it is!!!
Clowns.

You sure about that? :eusa_eh:
Yes.
But you are avoiding the topic in hand.
You, fanatical liberal totalitarians of the Obamacult went off at half cock with ranting foaming at the mouth abuse and threats when I posted that these things were happening in public schools.
You said it wasn't true yet here it is, TEACHERS, unionized teachers supporting child rape by teachers.
Carry on changing the subject.
I will keep bringing you back to that which you are trying to avoid.

You absolutely positively sure?

Parishioners rally behind priest accused of sexual abuse | San Bernardino County News | PE.com - Press-Enterprise

Gaston County church rallies behind convicted pastor - News 14

Seems to me, those parishioners are supporting a molesting minister.

and check this stuff out:

http://www.reformation.com/CSA/baptistsabuse.html

Last edited:
Yes.
But you are avoiding the topic in hand.
You, fanatical liberal totalitarians of the Obamacult went off at half cock with ranting foaming at the mouth abuse and threats when I posted that these things were happening in public schools.
You said it wasn't true yet here it is, TEACHERS, unionized teachers supporting child rape by teachers.
Carry on changing the subject.
I will keep bringing you back to that which you are trying to avoid.

You absolutely positively sure?

Parishioners rally behind priest accused of sexual abuse | San Bernardino County News | PE.com - Press-Enterprise

Gaston County church rallies behind convicted pastor - News 14

Seems to me, those parishioners are supporting a molesting minister.

and check this stuff out:

Child Sexual Molestation by Baptist Clergy

Was he convicted at the time?
You fucking retard!
Now back to the bit you are avoiding.
When I said this happened YOU fanatical liberal totalitarians went nuts, ranting threatening and making death threats against my kids.
Now here it is.
Why do you keep avoiding that?

Gosh, would you mind directing me to the posts where death threats were made against your kids? That's terrible, I'd like to see that so I can report them. It's forbidden on this board, I believe.

So let me get this straight. Trayvon wasn't a "child" when Zimmerman shot him, but this kid was a "child" when he engaged in a sexual relationship with a teacher?

You guys seem to have a pretty flexible definition...

Forum List

Back