Teachers on the move

Ok, so which of you RWI's want to discuss the actual time you have volunteered in the actual classroom?

I'm willing to listen to what your 7 year old claims, and also willing to listen to what the uneducated Angry Mother has to say.

But c'mon.
I'm waiting for the Public School Solution from The Duke .
Do you care to offer a solution The Duke ????

Probably it was a random word that popped into my head at the time.
1txerc.jpg

A return to discipline in homes and schools, such as the human race had for millenia before progressive (nee Commie)

retardation ideas were put into policy.

So...... What is your solution?
So what is specifically happening today, that you have a solution for.
Don't just keep giving this BLANKET answer,
How about some REAL solutions.

Nonono. :nono:

This all started when they forbid parents and schools to discipline using corporal punishment.

Sometime around 2000, I believe.

Therein lies the problem.

"He that spareth his rod hateth his son: but he that loveth him chasteneth him betimes."

Verse 24.

Children need limits set. It makes it unsafe for teachers when undisciplined children get bigger.
Corporal punishment has been gone from CA and AZ schools for at least fifty years.

You Did?
Missed It.

If You are SO PROUD, then repeat it, or post the link.

:spank::spank::spank:

I have no doubt that the current deterioration of self-control among American Yoot is a major problem for teachers, and that some teachers are moving to other fields.

But I would like to see the actual numbers. Teachers are VERY reluctant to quit. Despite their perennial denials, it's a pretty sweet deal. People in the Real World don't get Summers off, or work 180 or so days a year. People in the Real World can't retire after 30 years at 52 years old, and be supported until they die.

How many teachers are willing to go out into the Real World and accept two or three weeks of PTO a year, and work until they are 67 to 70 years old? It happens, but I would have to see some hard numbers of teachers quitting mid-career and going into some other field. It basically doesn't happen.

And this is not to say they don't deserve some high-level support from the State Legislatures and school district administrations. They sure as hell do. It should be possible for a school to simply expel a student who is a cancer in their classes. Fuck 'em.

A return to discipline in homes and schools,
LOLLOOLLL at your----Non Answer.

Spend a week volunteering in a Middle School, then report back.

Too much for you to handle???????????

:spank::spank::spank:

This all started when they forbid parents and schools to discipline using corporal punishment.

Tru dat. Not sure the year it began, but when I was in grade school in the 60s and 70s, if you screwed off too bad, the teacher would kick your ass, then send you home and then the old man really let you have it. In 7th grade I think, one kid had big Elvis sideburns and the gym teacher didn't like them and told the kid to shave them off. Not sure why it was any of his business. When the kid didn't, one day in the gym lockers, he held the kid down with the help of a few others and they shaved one of them off, leaving the other. The kid went home with one big side burn.

Not only didn't the teacher get in trouble, apparently the parents agreed or felt that the school was in its rights to set standards, but when he came to school the next day, his other sideburn was now trimmed to match the other.

We all had a little chuckle then life went on and all was forgotten.

I see you've never met a single teacher in your life. I hope your efforts to destroy education in America are thwarted by actually decent people.

That's an ironic statement considering it's people like you who have already destroyed it.

Conservatives spend decades in vicious war against teachers and education, and now act surprised people don't want to teach anymore?

And here ^^^^ is an example of just how much the school systems of America are failing people.

That, or we just sending stupid people to school.

Tru dat. Not sure the year it began, but when I was in grade school in the 60s and 70s, if you screwed off too bad, the teacher would kick your ass, then send you home and then the old man really let you have it. In 7th grade I think, one kid had big Elvis sideburns and the gym teacher didn't like them and told the kid to shave them off. Not sure why it was any of his business. When the kid didn't, one day in the gym lockers, he held the kid down with the help of a few others and they shaved one of them off, leaving the other. The kid went home with one big side burn.

Not only didn't the teacher get in trouble, apparently the parents agreed or felt that the school was in its rights to set standards, but when he came to school the next day, his other sideburn was now trimmed to match the other.

We all had a little chuckle then life went on and all was forgotten.

Not sure this is a great example.

A teacher calls a parent to say that when their student is called out in class for not paying attention, she just does a passive-agressive thing and pulls out a book and blows off the teacher.

Parent: Just take the book away.

Teacher: I can do that ?

Forum List

Back