Teaparty showing its ability to derail the Republican Party

So what?.....It was your fellow lib's who pushed that shit!......Yep, ol' William Jethro, Dodd, Frank, Pelosi, Hillary Jethro...They all pushed that ridiculous shit. And look at what it's done to this great country.

Right, dumbass?

LMAO!:lol:

Can't get away from that FACT.

So what you're saying is we need to elect Republicans like Christine O'Donnell in order to oversee the mortgage industry,

so that idiots like Christine O'Donnell won't be allowed to buy houses they can't afford.

...that's fascinating.
Did I say that?.......Show me where I said that.

O'donnelL would oversee the mortgage industry?......She hasn't even been elected yet. Who's proposing she oversee the mortgage industry?.....Link please.

Do you even have a clue as to what you are talking about?

LMAO!

Yes you did say that.

Well, that's what ODonnell did, and she's a conservative.

right?

That's what UBS and Goldman and Bear Stearns encouraged. Are they led by conservatives?
That's what the Bush administration and the Republican legislature watched happen as it cut net reserve requirements in half and bragged about "record home ownership". Was Bush a liberal?

Explain to me why you think that she couldn't pay for it

She sold it in a firesale. Good indication she couldn't afford it and hadn't saved for it.

when she took out a loan for the house? Did she have a JOB?

Apparently not.

Unlike requirment set up by Fanny and freddy if you are a minority you don't even need a job to get a loan.
Lol....Yes, it's all those fuckin' poor minorities that blew it up. You know, those poor folks in high-foreclosure districts like Miami Beach, Naples, Bradenton, Vegas etc...hotbeds of poor folks!

How did I know you'd play the blame-the-minority card right off the bat?

What effect do you think the increased buying of homes had on the cost and value of each home????? When you start a buying frenzy the prices skyrocket and are valued way above what their otherwise true worth would be. Demand drove up the prices to unrealistic expectations. People even bought at one value, expecting the prices to jump, so they could get in, and resell it making a profit in the short term growth in value. It was a scheme that served the Banks, Mortgage Companies, and Government regulators well, at our expense. Key word is scam. Cuomo, and other DNC Players, ran cover the whole fucking time.

So what you're saying is we need to elect Republicans like Christine O'Donnell in order to oversee the mortgage industry,

so that idiots like Christine O'Donnell won't be allowed to buy houses they can't afford.

...that's fascinating.

O'donnelL would oversee the mortgage industry?......She hasn't even been elected yet. Who's proposing she oversee the mortgage industry?.....Link please.

LMAO!

Yes you did say that.

No he didn't... Still making shit up... Thought you might outgrow that childishness by now, but then again - it's you.....lol

...that's fascinating.

LMAO!

Yes you did say that.
So, show where I said that....Put up or shut up.

You're digging your own hole here, buddy.

Barney Frank on Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac in 2003
by Gerald Prante

Hearing from September 2003 on an administration proposal to alter the regulation of GSEs like Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac. See Congressman Barney Frank's opening statement, which begins at 4:40. It's rather amusing. Here's an excerpt of his opening statement:
I want to begin by saying that I am glad to consider the legislation, but I do not think we are facing any kind of a crisis. That is, in my view, the two government sponsored enterprises we are talking about here, Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, are not in a crisis. We have recently had an accounting problem with Freddie Mac that has led to people being dismissed, as appears to be appropriate. I do not think at this point there is a problem with a threat to the Treasury.

I must say we have an interesting example of self-fulfilling prophecy. Some of the critics of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac say that the problem is that the Federal Government is obligated to bail out people who might lose money in connection with them. I do not believe that we have any such obligation. And as I said, it is a self-fulfilling prophecy by some people.

So let me make it clear, I am a strong supporter of the role that Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac play in housing, but nobody who invests in them should come looking to me for a nickel--nor anybody else in the Federal Government. And if investors take some comfort and want to lend them a little money and less interest rates, because they like this set of affiliations, good, because housing will benefit. But there is no guarantee, there is no explicit guarantee, there is no implicit guarantee, there is no wink-and-nod guarantee. Invest, and you are on your own.

Now, we have got a system that I think has worked very well to help housing. The high cost of housing is one of the great social bombs of this country. I would rank it second to the inadequacy of our health delivery system as a problem that afflicts many, many Americans. We have gotten recent reports about the difficulty here.

Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac have played a very useful role in helping make housing more affordable, both in general through leveraging the mortgage market, and in particular, they have a mission that this Congress has given them in return for some of the arrangements which are of some benefit to them to focus on affordable housing, and that is what I am concerned about here. I believe that we, as the Federal Government, have probably done too little rather than too much to push them to meet the goals of affordable housing and to set reasonable goals. I worry frankly that there is a tension here.

The more people, in my judgment, exaggerate a threat of safety and soundness, the more people conjure up the possibility of serious financial losses to the Treasury, which I do not see. I think we see entities that are fundamentally sound financially and withstand some of the disastrous scenarios. And even if there were a problem, the Federal Government doesn't bail them out. But the more pressure there is there, then the less I think we see in terms of affordable housing.

The Tax Foundation - Barney Frank on Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac in 2003

LMAO!

Yes you did say that.

It's carboring... He's an expert at taking your words, twisting them into something completely different and claiming THAT'S what you "really meant"...

Yes, it's lame, but he's been doing it for years, so don't expect him to change anytime in your lifetime...

Going back to the OP: the Tea Party victories in Senate primaries will result (guaranteed) in a Democratic Senate this fall.

Last week I would have said in less than two months, "Speaker Boehner?"

Now I am watching the GOP implode this week with Dem victories coming out of Congress and Boehner and McConnell quarelling on tax cuts.

Yes you did say that.

It's carboring... He's an expert at taking your words, twisting them into something completely different and claiming THAT'S what you "really meant"...

Yes, it's lame, but he's been doing it for years, so don't expect him to change anytime in your lifetime...
Drsmiths lil' brother?.......Popped from the same lunatics womb?........Wouldn't suprise me one bit.

:razz:

What effect do you think the increased buying of homes had on the cost and value of each home?????

It increased the cost. it did not impact the value.

When you start a buying frenzy the prices skyrocket and are valued way above what their otherwise true worth would be. Demand drove up the prices to unrealistic expectations.

Indeed, speculators drove up demand in the aforementioned places...not minorities. investment banks desperate for high-yield securities to package as MBS's to repackage as CDO's, bet against as CDS's and repackage as synthetic CDO's in search of higher profit margins drove down requirements in search of more loan securities... not minorities.

It was a scheme that served the Banks, Mortgage Companies, and Government regulators well, at our expense. Key word is scam. Cuomo, and other DNC Players, ran cover the whole fucking time.

First, you say it was the financial orgs, then you claim that Cuomo and others did it. Can the market regulate itself or nor?

Last edited:
The wrong side of history

Armey, Koch & their lying tactics are on the wrong side of history

The ninth richest man in the world, David H. Koch, funded the excursion of willfully ignorant Teabaggers to Washington today to harass lawmakers with the fact that Koch and his fellow billionaires might not be able to continue riding American miseries to the bank on the slim chance Democrats actually locate their spines and bring the United States in line with the rest of the civilized world, making health care a right, not a privilege.

LOL I never said anything about Moderate Republicans leaving the party. Castle was no Moderate republican. His Voting Record does not lie. He was a liberal on most issues. Prime candidate for party jumping when either party will end up with a majority if he does.

This is about pushing out the Liberals in the party not the Moderates. Though I do not expect you Liberals to understand that. No you are to busy pretending you are not going to get your ass handed to you in NOV, and every election for some time to come.

This election is about a repudiation of the far left Agenda and Liberal Shift we have been seeing. Liberals on both sides of the D and R line will fall.

You guys still fail to understand that this is not about Dems and Republicans. Its about Sane responsible Government Against the insane irresponsible Government we have had for a long time, from Both Parties.

It's wonderful to watch.

Last edited:
Yeah, let's bring the most powerful nation and largest economy in the history of mankind "in line " with nations that are years behind us in overall wealth.

Seems like so many have this idea that more government will fix what so much government fucked up to begin with and all I see is talking points like "not enough regulations" even though there were more regulations during the Booooosh Era than at anytime since "Tricky Dick" Nixon.

The wrong side of history

Armey, Koch & their lying tactics are on the wrong side of history

The ninth richest man in the world, David H. Koch, funded the excursion of willfully ignorant Teabaggers to Washington today to harass lawmakers with the fact that Koch and his fellow billionaires might not be able to continue riding American miseries to the bank on the slim chance Democrats actually locate their spines and bring the United States in line with the rest of the civilized world, making health care a right, not a privilege.
tin-foil-cat.jpg

LOL I never said anything about Moderate Republicans leaving the party. Castle was no Moderate republican. His Voting Record does not lie. He was a liberal on most issues. Prime candidate for party jumping when either party will end up with a majority if he does.

This is about pushing out the Liberals in the party not the Moderates. Though I do not expect you Liberals to understand that. No you are to busy pretending you are not going to get your ass handed to you in NOV, and every election for some time to come.

This election is about a repudiation of the far left Agenda and Liberal Shift we have been seeing. Liberals on both sides of the D and R line will fall.

You guys still fail to understand that this is not about Dems and Republicans. Its about Sane responsible Government Against the insane irresponsible Government we have had for a long time, from Both Parties.

It's wonderful to watch.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Charles_Main again.

It's wonderful to watch.
''You must spread some reputation around yada yada yada"

I'll get to it as soon as I can!......promise!

You are both Fools. They are working for Conservative values. the parties be dammed.

Conservative values like signing a mortgage you can't afford and being forced to firesale your home to avoid foreclosure?

That kind of conservative value?

LOL so now the push to get everyone into a home whether they could afford it or not, was a conservative IDEA.

lol

Yeah right.

What are you trying to say. Liberals never take out loans they can not pay back?

Please man.

Yet the right wing rah rahs spin went into overdrive when Bush talked about his "ownership society" policy.

Conservative values like signing a mortgage you can't afford and being forced to firesale your home to avoid foreclosure?

That kind of conservative value?

Did I hear that her boyfriend she never has sex with bought the house?

Did I hear that obama never owned a home until he was help by tony Rezco. Which has yet to be tryed.

You may have heard it, but it turns out to have been a lie.

Forum List

Back