Ted Cruz: An Atheist 'Isn't Fit To Be' President

Few people want a Godless, soulless political leader in the White House.

Soulless? What does that have to do with religion?

Why don't you tell us far left drone?

Tell us how being a child of star people is much better..

Why is it that you low-information morons like to personally attack? Does that make you feel superior?

You know, I wouldn't really give a crap if a President was religious or not, or even what religion they followed.

All I'd care about is do they have a vision for the country that I agree with, and do I believe that they would be effective leaders.

Religion is not one of those issues that enters in. I've worked for Christians (several varieties) I've worked for Atheists, and even have worked for Catholics while stationed in the Navy. Their religion had little to do with how effective they were as leaders, training and following the rules as well as enforcing them did.

Ted Cruz is an idiot. BTW, we have freedom OF religion, meaning anyone can choose an belief system they want, even if it's the belief of atheism.

Constitutional scholar my ass.

Obama claims to be a constitutional scholar but has proven he did not study at all..

Yet many voted for worse than Bush twice and are about to do so a third time with Hilary..

The far left religion is the most dangerous religion on the planet..

You don't know how I've voted. And, you don't know who I would vote for. Currently, I really am supportive of Senator Bernie Sanders.

And no, what religion you are should have no bearing on your fitness to be President.

Many of our Presidents have been atheists
They just couldn't admit it politically

I suspect Cruz may be one

You know, I wouldn't really give a crap if a President was religious or not, or even what religion they followed.

All I'd care about is do they have a vision for the country that I agree with, and do I believe that they would be effective leaders.

Religion is not one of those issues that enters in. I've worked for Christians (several varieties) I've worked for Atheists, and even have worked for Catholics while stationed in the Navy. Their religion had little to do with how effective they were as leaders, training and following the rules as well as enforcing them did.

Ted Cruz is an idiot. BTW, we have freedom OF religion, meaning anyone can choose an belief system they want, even if it's the belief of atheism.

Constitutional scholar my ass.

Obama claims to be a constitutional scholar but has proven he did not study at all..

Yet many voted for worse than Bush twice and are about to do so a third time with Hilary..

The far left religion is the most dangerous religion on the planet..

You don't know how I've voted. And, you don't know who I would vote for. Currently, I really am supportive of Senator Bernie Sanders.

And no, what religion you are should have no bearing on your fitness to be President.

Yet you will vote for Hilary when the time comes.. Although I did not specify you, I said many..

It is so cute to watch you drones believe you have a choice in your nominations..

Not only that, but a president should begin every day with prayer.

Presidential candidate Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) said Friday that he believes anyone who wants to be president must fear God and pray daily.

Speaking at the National Religious Liberties Conference in Iowa, Cruz joined other GOP presidential candidates for a discussion about the persecution of Christians in the U.S. and around the world. After some very extreme, very weird comments about homosexuality, right-wing pastor Kevin Swanson introduced Cruz to the stage to ask him how important it was for candidates to submit to Jesus Christ as "the king of the President of the United States."

"Any president who doesn't begin every day on his knees isn't fit to be commander-in-chief of this country," responded Cruz.

More: Ted Cruz: An Atheist 'Isn't Fit To Be' President

Cruz didn't say who "any president" should pray to. After all, there are thousands of so-called Gods. I look forward to the day when an honorable Atheist does become president. Religion does not predate morality.
He doesn't really want to be president...he's raising money from the gullible...that's the whole object of his campaign.

There is no religious test to run for the presidency. Voters, on the other hand are free to use any religious test they want. If a voter does not think an atheist is fit to be president they have an obligation to vote for someone else.

There is no religious test to run for the presidency. Voters, on the other hand are free to use any religious test they want. If a voter does not think an atheist is fit to be president they have an obligation to vote for someone else.

No, they have a "choice" - not "obligation".

Presidential candidate Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) said Friday that he believes anyone who wants to be president must fear God and pray daily.

Speaking at the National Religious Liberties Conference in Iowa, Cruz joined other GOP presidential candidates for a discussion about the persecution of Christians in the U.S. and around the world. After some very extreme, very weird comments about homosexuality, right-wing pastor Kevin Swanson introduced Cruz to the stage to ask him how important it was for candidates to submit to Jesus Christ as "the king of the President of the United States."

"Any president who doesn't begin every day on his knees isn't fit to be commander-in-chief of this country," responded Cruz.

Cruz didn't say who "any president" should pray to. After all, there are thousands of so-called Gods. I look forward to the day when an honorable Atheist does become president. Religion does not predate morality.
He doesn't really want to be president...he's raising money from the gullible...that's the whole object of his campaign.

Likely, and the Cruz team is spreading even more bullshit.

Cuban Peers Dispute Ted Cruz’s Father’s Story of Fighting for Castro - The New York Times

Recent presidents who were probably atheists

LBJ
Nixon
Reagan
Clinton
Obama

I love his honesty. I like people questioning the existence of God and if they believe the ancient stories.

Watch the old then new Cosmos. Carl Sagan and Neal degrass Tyson. We really are a primitive creature just beginning to understand who we are and how we got here.

I think it's possible to be too religious. If you think only your religion is qualified, you've become too religious.

PS I knew it was about to be Ted Cruz's turn in the spotlight. To appease the radical right wing teabaggers and religious nuts with guys like him Huckabee and Ben Carson. I never thought that Ted Cruz is going to be the nominee. But I guess this is his next two weeks or three in the limelight until it's time to eliminate the real Hispanic who has a chance in hell Marco Rubio

Depends on the religion, doesn't it?

Are you suggesting that Atheists don't have souls?

Depends on the religion, doesn't it?

Are you suggesting that Atheists don't have souls?

Yea just burning in hell for all eternity because I wasn't raised in their family and so didn't get the same message of fire and brimstone.

You know, a person can never be eternal. Eternal implies that you have no beginning or end, and have always been, so if you have a finite life, why would a loving God punish you for eternity, because realistically the only time you wouldn't be in Hell would be when you're on Earth.

Besides, Jesus never promised eternal life. John 3:16 states "For God so loved the world that He gave His Only Begotten Son, so that whosoever believeth in Him shall not perish, but have EVERLASTING (meaning forever) life.

Everlasting has a beginning, eternal doesn't, so no, you can't go to Hell for eternity.

Last edited:

Likely, and the Cruz team is spreading even more bullshit.

Cuban Peers Dispute Ted Cruz’s Father’s Story of Fighting for Castro - The New York Times

Not sure why you are questioning anyone on their faith since your elders believe in the sky people..

This goes to show how truly dangerous the far left religion is..

LBJ
Nixon
Reagan
Clinton
Obama
What kind of Catholic was Kennedy? Certainly not a good one. Add him to your list.

Yet JFK was the black sheep of his family as his father admired both Hitler and Stalin..

Although LBJ is the most paranoid about religion as he did a executive order to prevent the Catholics from unseating him..

Far leftism overrides any other religion including atheism..

LBJ
Nixon
Reagan
Clinton
Obama
What kind of Catholic was Kennedy? Certainly not a good one. Add him to your list.

Yet JFK was the black sheep of his family as his father admired both Hitler and Stalin..

Although LBJ is the most paranoid about religion as he did a executive order to prevent the Catholics from unseating him..

Far leftism overrides any other religion including atheism..
Good! I love a progressive liberal democratic society. I love capitalism too but not unregulated to the point it hurts We the People. Collectivism vs individualism. I understand a blend works best.

Forum List

Back