Ted Cruz: An Atheist 'Isn't Fit To Be' President

Recent presidents who were probably atheists

LBJ
Nixon
Reagan
Clinton
Obama
What kind of Catholic was Kennedy? Certainly not a good one. Add him to your list.

I had heard of JFK praying and consulting his priest
He just had problems with that adultery thing
I'm just saying if you really believe God is watching and said thou shall not commit adultery, how much do you really believe?

I know any man would have been with Marilyn Monroe but if you really believed you wouldn't be such a dog.

Recent presidents who were probably atheists

LBJ
Nixon
Reagan
Clinton
Obama
What kind of Catholic was Kennedy? Certainly not a good one. Add him to your list.

I had heard of JFK praying and consulting his priest
He just had problems with that adultery thing
I'm just saying if you really believe God is watching and said thou shall not commit adultery, how much do you really believe?

I know any man would have been with Marilyn Monroe but if you really believed you wouldn't be such a dog.

I agree - especially after she had her nose worked on.

Being AGNOSTIC I don't know if there is a GOD or not, BUT what would make you think that there would be more than one GOD?... Unless you believe in the OLD Roman and Greek religions of separate GODS!
God would need help keeping track of all the assholes needing to be punished.

Not to worry. I'm taking names for Him.
Make sure your name's at the top of the list!

I wrote your large, like John Hancock wrote his. I put a star by it and underlined it. You'll receive special attention.
Your invisible gay basher is going to hurt me?

More than you've ever hurt before.

Atheists would be perfect for president .
They would show no favoritism to any religion.
Or make decisions based on a religious belief or sentiment .
Cruz on the other hand would do so with abandon.
Most of the atheists I know, and I have known quite a few, are extremely hostile toward religion. They are not impartial.

So they are no better than anyone else as far as being opinionated assholes.

I bet they would be a lot less "opinionated" if religious nuts stopped trying to mix religious nuttery into our government and social issues. If religious nuts would mind their own business - I would gladly mind mine! I have great respect for "true" religious people who quietly practice their faith and don't try to force it on others and how they live.

On my arrival in the United States the religious aspect of the country was the first thing that struck my attention; and the longer I stayed there, the more I perceived the great political consequences resulting from this new state of things. In France I had almost always seen the spirit of religion and the spirit of freedom marching in opposite directions. But in America I found they were intimately united and that they reigned in common over the same country. My desire to discover the causes of this phenomenon increased from day to day. In order to satisfy it I questioned the members of all the different sects; I sought especially the society of the clergy, who are the depositaries of the different creeds and are especially interested in their duration. As a member of the Roman Catholic Church, I was more particularly brought into contact with several of its priests, with whom I became intimately acquainted. To each of these men I expressed my astonishment and explained my doubts. I found that they differed upon matters of detail alone, and that they all attributed the peaceful dominion of religion in their country mainly to the separation of church and state. I do not hesitate to affirm that during my stay in America I did not meet a single individual, of the clergy or the laity, who was not of the same opinion on this point.

<snip.

The unbelievers of Europe attack the Christians as their political opponents rather than as their religious adversaries; they hate the Christian religion as the opinion of a party much more than as an error of belief; and they reject the clergy less because they are the representatives of the Deity than because they are the allies of government.

In Europe, Christianity has been intimately united to the powers of the earth. Those powers are now in decay, and it is, as it were, buried under their ruins. The living body of religion has been bound down to the dead corpse of superannuated polity; cut but the bonds that restrain it, and it will rise once more. I do not know what could restore the Christian church of Europe to the energy of its earlier days; that power belongs to God alone; but it may be for human policy to leave to faith the full exercise of the strength which it still retains.

Tocqueville: Book I Chapter 17

That second to last paragraph, which I bolded, describes present day America to a T.
If I controlled the masses with religion and the masses started doubting I too would attribute the decline of society that I caused on the lack of morality. Brilliant.

Few people want a Godless, soulless political leader in the White House.

Soulless? What does that have to do with religion?

Why don't you tell us far left drone?

Tell us how being a child of star people is much better..

Why is it that you low-information morons like to personally attack? Does that make you feel superior?

LOL!! This is YOUR OP, Speaking Bull. It is an attack piece.

Most of the atheists I know, and I have known quite a few, are extremely hostile toward religion. They are not impartial.

I bet they would be a lot less "opinionated" if religious nuts stopped trying to mix religious nuttery into our government and social issues. If religious nuts would mind their own business - I would gladly mind mine! I have great respect for "true" religious people who quietly practice their faith and don't try to force it on others and how they live.

Give us a link where anyone from religion is trying to force any legislation upon you at all. Please make it a current thing though. I hate to go back 50 years for something.

Few people want a Godless, soulless political leader in the White House.

Soulless? What does that have to do with religion?

Why don't you tell us far left drone?

Tell us how being a child of star people is much better..

It is true every atom in your body comes from the inside of a star.

Jesus may have died for you but a star most certainly died for you.

Give us a link where anyone from religion is trying to force any legislation upon you at all. Please make it a current thing though. I hate to go back 50 years for something.
Anti abortion.

Not only that, but a president should begin every day with prayer.

Presidential candidate Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) said Friday that he believes anyone who wants to be president must fear God and pray daily.

Speaking at the National Religious Liberties Conference in Iowa, Cruz joined other GOP presidential candidates for a discussion about the persecution of Christians in the U.S. and around the world. After some very extreme, very weird comments about homosexuality, right-wing pastor Kevin Swanson introduced Cruz to the stage to ask him how important it was for candidates to submit to Jesus Christ as "the king of the President of the United States."

"Any president who doesn't begin every day on his knees isn't fit to be commander-in-chief of this country," responded Cruz.

More: Ted Cruz: An Atheist 'Isn't Fit To Be' President

Cruz didn't say who "any president" should pray to. After all, there are thousands of so-called Gods. I look forward to the day when an honorable Atheist does become president. Religion does not predate morality.
Guess he hasn't read our Constitution...

Both you dummies, Cruz didn't say it was unconstitutional for an atheist to run try to debate your point without dishonesty.

I appreciate and respect religious folks like the Amish, Mennonites, and Quakers who quietly practice their faith without trying to force it on others and how they live.

Not only that, but a president should begin every day with prayer.

Presidential candidate Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) said Friday that he believes anyone who wants to be president must fear God and pray daily.

Speaking at the National Religious Liberties Conference in Iowa, Cruz joined other GOP presidential candidates for a discussion about the persecution of Christians in the U.S. and around the world. After some very extreme, very weird comments about homosexuality, right-wing pastor Kevin Swanson introduced Cruz to the stage to ask him how important it was for candidates to submit to Jesus Christ as "the king of the President of the United States."

"Any president who doesn't begin every day on his knees isn't fit to be commander-in-chief of this country," responded Cruz.

More: Ted Cruz: An Atheist 'Isn't Fit To Be' President

Cruz didn't say who "any president" should pray to. After all, there are thousands of so-called Gods. I look forward to the day when an honorable Atheist does become president. Religion does not predate morality.

Sounds like every prostitute in this country now has a shot at being the commander-in-chief.

Thanks, Ted!

You have to claim you're a Christian to be the President of the United States. At least that's true today

Holy shit!!!!! Rachel Maddow just showed a video of right-wing pastor Kevin Swanson who introduced Ted Cruz in the OP. He sounds equal to or worse than Adolf Hitler. Holy shit...

The founding fathers gave us a secular "Godless" Constitution. There is no religious test to be president.

You're right, there is no religious test except the voters. And if you notice the way they dated the Constitution, it was hardly "Godless".

Done in Convention by the Unanimous Consent of the States present the Seventeenth Day of September in the Year of our Lord one thousand seven hundred and Eighty seven.......

By dating as such they recognized OUR LORD, did they not?
No one made them use that term.

The founding fathers gave us a secular "Godless" Constitution. There is no religious test to be president.

You're right, there is no religious test except the voters. And if you notice the way they dated the Constitution, it was hardly "Godless".

Done in Convention by the Unanimous Consent of the States present the Seventeenth Day of September in the Year of our Lord one thousand seven hundred and Eighty seven.......

By dating as such they recognized OUR LORD, did they not?
No one made them use that term.

You poor dumbass.

It has often been seen on the Internet that to find God in the Constitution, all one has to do is read it, and see how often the Framers used the words "God," or "Creator," "Jesus," or "Lord." Except for one notable instance, however, none of these words ever appears in the Constitution, neither the original nor in any of the Amendments. The notable exception is found in the Signatory section, where the date is written thusly: "Seventeenth Day of September in the Year of our Lord one thousand seven hundred and Eighty seven". The use of the word "Lord" here is not a religious reference, however. This was a common way of expressing the date, in both religious and secular contexts. This lack of any these words does not mean that the Framers were not spiritual people, any more than the use of the word Lord means that they were. What this lack of these words is expositive of is not a love for or disdain for religion, but the feeling that the new government should not involve itself in matters of religion. In fact, the original Constitution bars any religious test to hold any federal office in the United States. For more information, see the Religion Topic Page.

http://www.usconstitution.net/constnot.html#god

Forum List

Back