Ted Cruz: An Atheist 'Isn't Fit To Be' President

So I see the Regressive Lefties are still pretending Cruz is trying to make this a constitutional issue.

Too funny.
Not only that, but a president should begin every day with prayer.

Presidential candidate Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) said Friday that he believes anyone who wants to be president must fear God and pray daily.

Speaking at the National Religious Liberties Conference in Iowa, Cruz joined other GOP presidential candidates for a discussion about the persecution of Christians in the U.S. and around the world. After some very extreme, very weird comments about homosexuality, right-wing pastor Kevin Swanson introduced Cruz to the stage to ask him how important it was for candidates to submit to Jesus Christ as "the king of the President of the United States."

"Any president who doesn't begin every day on his knees isn't fit to be commander-in-chief of this country," responded Cruz.

More: Ted Cruz: An Atheist 'Isn't Fit To Be' President

Cruz didn't say who "any president" should pray to. After all, there are thousands of so-called Gods. I look forward to the day when an honorable Atheist does become president. Religion does not predate morality.
Guess he hasn't read our Constitution...

Both you dummies, Cruz didn't say it was unconstitutional for an atheist to run try to debate your point without dishonesty.

He did say an atheist is unfit to be Commander-in-Chief. Given that our military does in fact have laws and regulations about fitness and unfitness for duty,

Cruz, whether intentionally or not, is putting some very serious code into his rhetoric.
Which has nothing to do with my point.

So I see the Regressive Lefties are still pretending Cruz is trying to make this a constitutional issue.

Too funny.

Presidential candidate Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) said Friday that he believes anyone who wants to be president must fear God and pray daily.

Speaking at the National Religious Liberties Conference in Iowa, Cruz joined other GOP presidential candidates for a discussion about the persecution of Christians in the U.S. and around the world. After some very extreme, very weird comments about homosexuality, right-wing pastor Kevin Swanson introduced Cruz to the stage to ask him how important it was for candidates to submit to Jesus Christ as "the king of the President of the United States."

"Any president who doesn't begin every day on his knees isn't fit to be commander-in-chief of this country," responded Cruz.

Cruz didn't say who "any president" should pray to. After all, there are thousands of so-called Gods. I look forward to the day when an honorable Atheist does become president. Religion does not predate morality.

Both you dummies, Cruz didn't say it was unconstitutional for an atheist to run try to debate your point without dishonesty.

He did say an atheist is unfit to be Commander-in-Chief. Given that our military does in fact have laws and regulations about fitness and unfitness for duty,

Cruz, whether intentionally or not, is putting some very serious code into his rhetoric.

Your point is useless. You're defending Cruz and you don't even agree with him.

Too funny.

Your point is useless. You're defending Cruz and you don't even agree with him.
Too bad.

I don't like liars, either.

Well, at least the Israelis don't see atheism in such a bad light.

Some notable Israeli atheists:

The Constitution bars a religious test. An individual citizen is free to use whatever religious test they want and there is nothing to stop them.

That is very true. Thank you for affirming that fact.

Also true....any individual who states they would apply a personal religious test to candidates, and/or who suggests others should also do so, is an idiot, and is free to be criticized mercilessly for their stupidity.

I am wary of a man who believes there is no higher power than himself.

You're thinking of 'idols', Not God. It's ok...atheists get that confused all the time.

Think ONLY an atheist is fit to be President. Are you really comfortable with someone who believes in an afterlife having control of nuclear weapons? I'm not.

Fortunately I believe most heads-of-state are in fact atheist despite what they might say to get elected. If a person really believed in God, being judged for their actions, and an afterlife, their behaviour would reflect it. Only behaviours I see are from people not worried about getting judged.

Fortunately I believe most heads-of-state are in fact atheist despite what they might say to get elected. If a person really believed in God, being judged for their actions, and an afterlife, their behaviour would reflect it. Only behaviours I see are from people not worried about getting judged.
Even they are concerned about their legacy. You don't need a God for that one.

The people who flew airplanes into the World Trade Center and slaughtered thousands of people believed in God.

Like I said earlier, there are few people more dangerous than a maniac who believes he is doing God's will.

Just because Presidents and other leaders do bad things does not make them atheists. Besides, why would you want to claim them as one of your own? :D

There are a lot of people who get their will mixed up with God's will. They think God just so happens to want the same thing they do. That's the pride of which I also spoke earlier.

I prefer a God-fearing person as President. But it should not be a condition of the office.

Every US President breaks the 6th commandment. No US attack or war is according to theological law governing warfare, thus they're all commited murder on massive scales. If a President really believed in that stuff we'd have peace.

After reading the posts in this thread, I have decided that I am the only one qualified to be President. Send your contributions to: THB For President, General Delivery, Pensacola, FL 32526. Time is short, give freely and give often.

The people who flew airplanes into the World Trade Center and slaughtered thousands of people believed in God.

Like I said earlier, there are few people more dangerous than a maniac who believes he is doing God's will.

Just because Presidents and other leaders do bad things does not make them atheists. Besides, why would you want to claim them as one of your own? :D

There are a lot of people who get their will mixed up with God's will. They think God just so happens to want the same thing they do. That's the pride of which I also spoke earlier.

I prefer a God-fearing person as President. But it should not be a condition of the office.

They believed in Islam. There's a difference.

Every US President breaks the 6th commandment. No US attack or war is according to theological law governing warfare, thus they're all commited murder on massive scales. If a President really believed in that stuff we'd have peace.
They are Christians like the rest of America, meaning they aren't actually...

Congress used to pray before each session (I don't know if they still do) then sets out to screw over the American people.

They believed in Islam. There's a difference.
No, there is no difference. Christians are just as capable of doing horrible things in the name of God.

2yvt7rn.jpg

1915om.jpg

Forum List

Back