Ted Cruz: An Atheist 'Isn't Fit To Be' President

Atheists would be perfect for president .
They would show no favoritism to any religion.
Or make decisions based on a religious belief or sentiment .
Cruz on the other hand would do so with abandon.
Most of the atheists I know, and I have known quite a few, are extremely hostile toward religion. They are not impartial.

So they are no better than anyone else as far as being opinionated assholes.
"Opinionated assholes", is that a Christian term?

Not only that, but a president should begin every day with prayer.

Presidential candidate Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) said Friday that he believes anyone who wants to be president must fear God and pray daily.

Speaking at the National Religious Liberties Conference in Iowa, Cruz joined other GOP presidential candidates for a discussion about the persecution of Christians in the U.S. and around the world. After some very extreme, very weird comments about homosexuality, right-wing pastor Kevin Swanson introduced Cruz to the stage to ask him how important it was for candidates to submit to Jesus Christ as "the king of the President of the United States."

"Any president who doesn't begin every day on his knees isn't fit to be commander-in-chief of this country," responded Cruz.

More: Ted Cruz: An Atheist 'Isn't Fit To Be' President

Cruz didn't say who "any president" should pray to. After all, there are thousands of so-called Gods. I look forward to the day when an honorable Atheist does become president. Religion does not predate morality.
You'll be happy to know Obama begins AND ends every day on his knees.
Unfortunately he is praying to the Great White Snake in his boyfriend's trousers and not to any god.

You believe that there is more than one GOD? You're dumber than you post!
Why wouldn't there be several gods? What makes you think that there's only one?

Being AGNOSTIC I don't know if there is a GOD or not, BUT what would make you think that there would be more than one GOD?... Unless you believe in the OLD Roman and Greek religions of separate GODS!
God would need help keeping track of all the assholes needing to be punished.

GOD has nothing to do with what PEOPLE DO or react to, if there is a GOD, he was simply the creator and FREE WILL rules what a human does.
God(s) made everything in the universe, every asshole, every deformed baby, and every action.

And here IF there is a GOD, again, he simply STARTED all and FREE WILL has taken it to where it currently is!

Atheists would be perfect for president .
They would show no favoritism to any religion.
Or make decisions based on a religious belief or sentiment .
Cruz on the other hand would do so with abandon.
Most of the atheists I know, and I have known quite a few, are extremely hostile toward religion. They are not impartial.

So they are no better than anyone else as far as being opinionated assholes.
"Opinionated assholes", is that a Christian term?
It's this Christian's term. :D

I think it's stupid to use "nice" words to say the same thing and pretend it's all good.

Not only must you get on your knees to God every day, you must get on your knees to Ted Cruz's God. Don't you be praying to just any God.

Being AGNOSTIC I don't know if there is a GOD or not, BUT what would make you think that there would be more than one GOD?... Unless you believe in the OLD Roman and Greek religions of separate GODS!

Not to worry. I'm taking names for Him.

GOD has nothing to do with what PEOPLE DO or react to, if there is a GOD, he was simply the creator and FREE WILL rules what a human does.
God(s) made everything in the universe, every asshole, every deformed baby, and every action.

And here IF there is a GOD, again, he simply STARTED all and FREE WILL has taken it to where it currently is!
And you know that how? The smoke you're blowing out your ass?

"Let It Go" is 'Satan’s rebellion anthem” according to the one of the key organizers of the event, Kevin Swanson. Watching Frozen will turn your daughter into a lesbian. :lol:

Not only must you get on your knees to God every day, you must get on your knees to Ted Cruz's God. Don't you be praying to just any God.

He's better at it than we are.

Make sure your name's at the top of the list!

I wrote your large, like John Hancock wrote his. I put a star by it and underlined it. You'll receive special attention.

Presidential candidate Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) said Friday that he believes anyone who wants to be president must fear God and pray daily.

Speaking at the National Religious Liberties Conference in Iowa, Cruz joined other GOP presidential candidates for a discussion about the persecution of Christians in the U.S. and around the world. After some very extreme, very weird comments about homosexuality, right-wing pastor Kevin Swanson introduced Cruz to the stage to ask him how important it was for candidates to submit to Jesus Christ as "the king of the President of the United States."

"Any president who doesn't begin every day on his knees isn't fit to be commander-in-chief of this country," responded Cruz.

Cruz didn't say who "any president" should pray to. After all, there are thousands of so-called Gods. I look forward to the day when an honorable Atheist does become president. Religion does not predate morality.
Unfortunately he is praying to the Great White Snake in his boyfriend's trousers and not to any god.
Oh....Do tell.

Being AGNOSTIC I don't know if there is a GOD or not, BUT what would make you think that there would be more than one GOD?...

There isn't more than one God. But there are as many understandings of God as there are people. Ted Cruz wants us all to believe in his version...or else.

Or else what?..... Stop making shit up, without the ties of religion, this country would be nothing but another third world shithole, where the strong master the weak!
I think you would really enjoy Democracy in America by Alexis de Tocqueville.

Seriously.

Were I married to a hag as ugly as Michelle, I'd be praying too.

I wrote your large, like John Hancock wrote his. I put a star by it and underlined it. You'll receive special attention.
Your invisible gay basher is going to hurt me?

On my arrival in the United States the religious aspect of the country was the first thing that struck my attention; and the longer I stayed there, the more I perceived the great political consequences resulting from this new state of things. In France I had almost always seen the spirit of religion and the spirit of freedom marching in opposite directions. But in America I found they were intimately united and that they reigned in common over the same country. My desire to discover the causes of this phenomenon increased from day to day. In order to satisfy it I questioned the members of all the different sects; I sought especially the society of the clergy, who are the depositaries of the different creeds and are especially interested in their duration. As a member of the Roman Catholic Church, I was more particularly brought into contact with several of its priests, with whom I became intimately acquainted. To each of these men I expressed my astonishment and explained my doubts. I found that they differed upon matters of detail alone, and that they all attributed the peaceful dominion of religion in their country mainly to the separation of church and state. I do not hesitate to affirm that during my stay in America I did not meet a single individual, of the clergy or the laity, who was not of the same opinion on this point.

<snip.

The unbelievers of Europe attack the Christians as their political opponents rather than as their religious adversaries; they hate the Christian religion as the opinion of a party much more than as an error of belief; and they reject the clergy less because they are the representatives of the Deity than because they are the allies of government.

In Europe, Christianity has been intimately united to the powers of the earth. Those powers are now in decay, and it is, as it were, buried under their ruins. The living body of religion has been bound down to the dead corpse of superannuated polity; cut but the bonds that restrain it, and it will rise once more. I do not know what could restore the Christian church of Europe to the energy of its earlier days; that power belongs to God alone; but it may be for human policy to leave to faith the full exercise of the strength which it still retains.

Tocqueville: Book I Chapter 17

That second to last paragraph, which I bolded, describes present day America to a T.

I agree with Ted.
And you disagree with the Constitution.
Obabble wasn't fit to be president...the constitution not withstanding.
That's correct. But when we keep voting for "the lesser of two evils", that's what happens. You're still voting for evil, and we get more and more evil choices.

Trump. Bush. Clinton. Sanders. We are sinking lower and lower.

The same way I know that you blow smoke out your ass! AS I stated IF, I see you have a hard time with reading comprehension!

The same way I know that you blow smoke out your ass! AS I stated IF, I see you have a hard time with reading comprehension!
IF you're not sure that God exists, then what makes you so sure that it gave us free will and let us go?

IF you're not sure that God exists, then what makes you so sure that it gave us free will and let us go?

LOGIC, you should try it!

Forum List

Back