Ted Cruz, Longtime Foe Of NASA And Science, Will Oversee NASA And Science In New Congress

MISSION CONTROL CENTER: The heat shield on the space shuttle is getting too warm.

KOSH: Says the far left drone.

SEN. CRUZ: I have in my pocket a list of card carrying child molesters who want us all to believe the heat shield on the space shuttle is getting too warm. But I have a scientist from the Noah's Ark Encounter theme park who says it is just the sun reflecting off a rainbow.

Are you drunk again, first thing in the morning, Comrade?
I'm having fun at the expense of the retards. Too bad you didn't get here sooner!

You'd be hard-pressed to find anyone at NASA who respects or admires this current President. That's the reality.
Prove it. And don't go bringing up moon astronauts 90 years old who think we should be going back to the moon again and again.

Landing on asteroids, private spaceships, Mars, that's where it's at. That's the future. And I suspect the scientists at NASA aren't very fond of "magical creation" Republicans who think science is a faith and education is for snobs.

And that I can prove.

You'd be hard-pressed to find anyone at NASA who respects or admires this current President. That's the reality.
Is that because they are all white guys from Texas?

2zfvqzb.jpg

It's not. NASA bought two cone calorimeters from the company I used to work at and I was there for two weeks at White Sands installing them.

cone calorimeter test Topics by Science.gov

While they do show a lot of white guys in the control room, they aren't all white. In fact, I would guess that two thirds of the scientists are from all over the world. The guy whose department I worked in was from Transylvania. And that's no joke.

It's funny that the gov of Texas goes to California and New York looking for skilled workers. If they were so smart in Texas, well, you know. Now that 5 billion has been cut from Texas education, they will stay stupid for a long, long time.

MISSION CONTROL CENTER: The heat shield on the space shuttle is getting too warm.

KOSH: Says the far left drone.

SEN. CRUZ: I have in my pocket a list of card carrying child molesters who want us all to believe the heat shield on the space shuttle is getting too warm. But I have a scientist from the Noah's Ark Encounter theme park who says it is just the sun reflecting off a rainbow.

Are you drunk again, first thing in the morning, Comrade?
I'm having fun at the expense of the retards. Too bad you didn't get here sooner!

So you are making fun of yourself? Good for you, you racist/bigoted far left drone..

Private space exploration is the future. A nation $19 Trillion in Debt and a rapidly expanding Welfare/Warfare State, cannot afford space exploration. Taxpayers are already too stressed, and close to being maxed out.

Welfare/Warfare States don't come cheap. Many Government spending luxuries will have to go. That's the harsh reality. It's time for Americans to accept that.

Private space exploration is the future. A nation $19 Trillion in Debt and a rapidly expanding Welfare/Warfare State, cannot afford space exploration. Taxpayers are already too stressed, and close to being maxed out.

Welfare/Warfare States don't come cheap. Many Government spending luxuries will have to go. That's the harsh reality. It's time for Americans to accept that.

Sounds like it's time to get the RED states off the government tit.

Private space exploration is the future. A nation $19 Trillion in Debt and a rapidly expanding Welfare/Warfare State, cannot afford space exploration. Taxpayers are already too stressed, and close to being maxed out. Welfare/Warfare States don't come cheap. Many Government spending luxuries will have to go. That's the harsh reality. It's time for Americans to accept that.

Especially now that we want to add $2 trillion a year in "free" community college to our expenses.

hard to do when the big cities are controlled by the far left and that money to help those that the far left suppresses..

Many of the advancements in space exploration have been conducted in the private sector.

NASA did very little in the construction or development of said vehicles.

The private sector were the ones that had the contracts with NASA to build such items..

Massive Entitlements and Permanent War costs a whole lot of money. And who do you think's gotta pay for it? Government spending luxuries like space exploration are gonna have to bite the dust at some point. How much more burden can be put on Taxpayers? They're already close to being maxed out. Private space exploration is the future. It's a logical inevitability.

Very tough choices ahead for Americans. You want your massive entitlements and permanent war? Well, it's gotta be paid for. You can't have it all. You'll have to do without some spending luxuries. It is what it is.

Massive Entitlements and Permanent War costs a whole lot of money. And who do you think's gotta pay for it? Government spending luxuries like space exploration are gonna have to bite the dust at some point. How much more burden can be put on Taxpayers? They're already close to being maxed out. Private space exploration is the future. It's a logical inevitability.

Cry to Republicans - especially Reagan and Bush Jr. Democrats fill the Treasury - Republicans loot it.

Cry to Republicans - especially Reagan and Bush Jr. Democrats fill the Treasury - Republicans loot it.

Nevertheless, massive entitlements and permanent war are incredibly expensive endeavors. Spending luxuries like space exploration just won't always be possible. The Taxpayers can only handle so much. My advice would be to limit entitlement spending and end permanent war. Maybe then, spending luxuries like space exploration can be possible. But you can't have it all. Americans will eventually be forced to start facing that harsh reality.

Nevertheless, massive entitlements and permanent war are incredibly expensive endeavors. Spending luxuries like space exploration just won't always be possible. The Taxpayers can only handle so much. My advice would be to limit entitlement spending and end permanent war. Maybe then, spending luxuries like space exploration can be possible. But you can't have it all. Americans will eventually be forced to start facing that harsh reality.

Is space exploration all you care about? What about the poor and middle class?

The far left does NOT care about such things, so why should you?

Just saying you can't have it all. You want your massive entitlements and permanent war? Well, you have to pay for it. And you're already $19 Trillion in the hole. So spending luxuries like space exploration will have to go at some point. Private space exploration is a logical inevitability.

2zfvqzb.jpg

It's not. NASA bought two cone calorimeters from the company I used to work at and I was there for two weeks at White Sands installing them.

While they do show a lot of white guys in the control room, they aren't all white. In fact, I would guess that two thirds of the scientists are from all over the world. The guy whose department I worked in was from Transylvania. And that's no joke.

It's funny that the gov of Texas goes to California and New York looking for skilled workers. If they were so smart in Texas, well, you know. Now that 5 billion has been cut from Texas education, they will stay stupid for a long, long time.
Dude, I was pulling his bare assertion leg. :wink_2:

Following the ratification of Sen. John Thune (R-S.D.) as chair of the Senate Commerce, Science and Transportation Committtee last week, Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) was named chair of the Subcommittee on Space, Science and Competitiveness, where he will oversee NASA and science programs.

Appointed Jan. 8, Cruz is expected to be confirmed to the new role by the end of the month as one of many changes to the new Republican-controlled Congress. But the Republican senator's words and actions during his time in office have painted him to be a far cry from an advocate for the sciences, leaving many concerned about the future of space and science funding.

Cruz's infamous hours-long speech in September 2013, led to a 16-day government shutdown barring 97 percent of NASA employees from appearing for work. Interns to the agency were temporarily displaced when the NASA-provided housing was closed during the shutdown, and many have said the agency suffered lasting damage due to the freeze.

And NASA wasn't the only agency hit by the shutdown: research programsrun by the National Institute of Healthsuffered a blow when new clinical trials were suspended, affecting 200 new patients each week of the shutdown. Environmental Protection Agency programs were also compromised, with 90 percent of employees on furlough.

The agency has conducted research on climate change, recently kicking off five projects to study how the earth's atmosphere affects global warming.

Cruz has claimed there isn't enough evidence to prove global warming is occurring,telling CNN he was skeptical of the "so-called scientific theory."

More: Ted Cruz, Longtime Foe Of NASA And Science, Will Oversee NASA And Science In New Congress

This is bad news NASA and other scientists - including Americans who support those programs.

One would have to be retarded to oppose science and tech development. Eventhough, I support some of his social beliefs...He has lost my vote forever if he attacks our country's ability to compete in these area's.

2zfvqzb.jpg

Dude, I was pulling his bare assertion leg.

Oh the irony impaired far left drones and their comments..

Forum List

Back