Ted Cruz Says SCOTUS 'Clearly Wrong' to Legalize Gay Marriage

There is no distinction to be made. If you provide a service to the public then that service must be provided to the entire public. Again, it is a moral position that has , unfortuatly become tied to ideology
If I am a business entity and am not a subordinate component of the government, then I can refuse service.

No shirt, no shoes, no service.

While I happen to agree that it is kind of silly to refuse to sell a cake decorated with two grooms to a gay couple, it is also baseless to claim that I don’t have that right.

How on Earth do you as an American condone the notion that the government can compel a store owner to provide a service to any customers if that “service” violates the store owner’s religious convictions?

Similar to believing "right to health care" is a natural right for everyone. Or believing that public tax dollars can be voted on to pay for abortions, LGBT education in schools, etc even if the tax money comes from citizens who don't believe govt has authority to establish such faith based policies or force nonbelievers to pay for that through govt.
Religion should just stay the hell out of politics and the political system should insulate itself from religion. The only considertion should be what is in the interest of the greater good such as helth care being available to everyone. Problem solved

Gay couples have been getting married for centuries Joe! They just married gays of the opposite sex! AND I APPLAUD THEM!

But I oppose same sex marriage regardless of sexuality of the couple.
Give me a good reason why gay COUPLES shouldn't be allowed to marry.

Don't tell me that you oppose same-sex marriage, give me a good reason why they shouldn't be allowed.

Give me a good reason why gay COUPLES shouldn't be allowed to marry.

Don't tell me that you oppose same-sex marriage, give me a good reason why they shouldn't be allowed.

For the same reason straight same sex couples shouldn’t.

I think we’ve been through this a few times already.

Do I have to continue to describe the different dynamics of each relationship.

It’s getting redundant

For the same reason straight same sex couples shouldn’t.

I think we’ve been through this a few times already.

Do I have to continue to describe the different dynamics of each relationship.

It’s getting redundant

One more time... Give me a good reason why same sex couples shouldn't be allowed to marry.

Come on, man, be honest in your bigotry.

One more time... Give me a good reason why same sex couples shouldn't be allowed to marry.

Come on, man, be honest in your bigotry.

Because the principle dynamic of a same sex couple, regardless the sexuality make up of said couple is radically different than that of an opposite sex couple, regardless of sexuality.

Just admit it Joe, you are a bigot toward heterosexuals because you find they’re sexual practices icky.

Keep in mind, sexual irregulars went from being FELONS under most states' laws to being free to enjoy their sexual activities with no interference from the Authorities, along with being free to pledge their unending faithful commitment to one another, with no outside interference whatsoever. (In fact, when monogamous relationships among gay men are more motivated by fear of the spread of disease than anything else.)

But this wasn't enough. They had to RE-DEFINE the most fundamental relationship of the human condition: marriage. Homosexual marriage is an absurdity. They cannot produce offspring, they cannot constitute a family unless you completely redefine "family" at the same time.

The Gay Mafia demands, not tolerance, but a societal and legal EMBRACE, recasting our most fundamental institutions for their benefit.

They are, along with the rest of the political Left, evil.

We can't so stop the bashing and attacking which for the most part comes from the right
Yes,the bashing can stop by having both sides agree to quit pushing agenda and trying to force all the Public and all taxpayers to fund that agenda.

If prolife don't want to have "right to health care" forced on people through govt, then why not agree to back off from forcing "right to life" mandates on others through govt.

If the liberal left want to defund the death penalty, why not agree to similar strategies for defunding abortion?

If businesses should declare themselves "religious businesses" to avoid conflicts over discrimination, why not agree to have political parties designated as political religions in order to protect free exercise and expression but WITHOUT establishing or regulating such policies through govt? Why not agree to operate through Party so people have free choice to follow fund or participate or not?

Yes,the bashing can stop by having both sides agree to quit pushing agenda and trying to force all the Public and all taxpayers to fund that agenda.

If prolife don't want to have "right to health care" forced on people through govt, then why not agree to back off from forcing "right to life" mandates on others through govt.

If the liberal left want to defund the death penalty, why not agree to similar strategies for defunding abortion?

If businesses should declare themselves "religious businesses" to avoid conflicts over discrimination, why not agree to have political parties designated as political religions in order to protect free exercise and expression but WITHOUT establishing or regulating such policies through govt? Why not agree to operate through Party so people have free choice to follow fund or participate or not?

Or we can just discuss our opinions and not try to back the other in a corner. I find using logic to be the best formula.

Keep in mind, sexual irregulars went from being FELONS under most states' laws to being free to enjoy their sexual activities with no interference from the Authorities, along with being free to pledge their unending faithful commitment to one another, with no outside interference whatsoever. (In fact, when monogamous relationships among gay men are more motivated by fear of the spread of disease than anything else.)

But this wasn't enough. They had to RE-DEFINE the most fundamental relationship of the human condition: marriage. Homosexual marriage is an absurdity. They cannot produce offspring, they cannot constitute a family unless you completely redefine "family" at the same time.

The Gay Mafia demands, not tolerance, but a societal and legal EMBRACE, recasting our most fundamental institutions for their benefit.

The greatest absurdity is that the right to marry a same sex partner includes straights.

So get this, straights gained the right to marry others of their same sex?

Yippee!

No, removing Obergefell would eliminate the right to marry for same sex couples in dozens of conservative states. Something conservatives are very eager to do.

'cuz Jesus said so'.

Thus, the federal law to protect same sex marriage.
Actually it has little to do with Jesus, over 30 states amended their Constitutions to define marriage as between a man and a woman. This ridiculous new law will not meet the standards set forth in the DOMA ruling. Nothing has changed in the federal government's ability to define marriage. Thus it falls to the states.

Because the principle dynamic of a same sex couple, regardless the sexuality make up of said couple is radically different than that of an opposite sex couple, regardless of sexuality.

Just admit it Joe, you are a bigot toward heterosexuals because you find they’re sexual practices icky.

My girlfriend would argue otherwise. But here's the thing. I'm white and she's Asian, and once upon a time, within my lifetime, in fact, our relationship would have been illegal in many states because we aren't of the same racial group. Then people realized such laws are kind of silly. Same thing here.

Give me a good reason why same sex couples shouldn't be allowed to marry.

HeyNorm here are some guys who at least have the guts to try to answer the question... They are stupid answers.

Have you seen how crazy things have become since it was made legal? Now liberals are trying to make pedophiles normal. I was for civil unions from the start, but redefining marriage was a mistake.

When did this happen? Last time I checked that was against the law and no one was endorsing it. You must mean teaching kids how sex works (which we've been doing for 50 years) is bad. But we've been doing it for 50 years and the teenage pregnancy rate has actually declined.... so maybe not.

Civil unions yes, but redefining marriage no. Liberals are wanting pedophiles to be accepted as normal now.

Link?

No, there's not good reason why we should have second class marriage in this country for some people. Without babbling about pedophilia (which is more likely to happen within the home than anywhere else) can you give me a good reason why gay couples shouldn't be allowed all the same benefits of marriage.

As stated above, until 1967, interracial relationships were illegal in this country.

It's not just being able to enjoy sex, it's about getting the protections of marriage. the right to joint property, the right to make medical decisions for your partner, the right to visitation in the hospital, etc.

I might get married to my Asian girlfriend within the next year. We are both in our early 60's. There's no way we are producing kids at this point. Should we be disallowed to get married? What about people who are on their second marriages, have gotten vasectomies or tubal ligations?

When you are privileged, equality can seem like oppression. Gays aren't asking for anything that you don't already enjoy.

Thanks for the invite Joe.

Fun fact: did you know that, if a black woman goes through a medical examination, the doctor can determine she is a woman, with no real physical characteristics different than any other woman, with the exception of skin color. And if you noticed Joe, all woman have at least 1 skin color.

But if a guy went through a physical examination, the doctor couldn’t define his sexuality by doing such an examination. He would just have to take the patients word for it.

Last edited:
My girlfriend would argue otherwise. But here's the thing. I'm white and she's Asian, and once upon a time, within my lifetime, in fact, our relationship would have been illegal in many states because we aren't of the same racial group. Then people realized such laws are kind of silly. Same thing here.

Give me a good reason why same sex couples shouldn't be allowed to marry.

Joe, someday when you need a mechanic, or god forbid a doctor that can perform a life saving surgery on you, you can thank opposite sex unions for producing the person doing the work!

And by your own argument, marriage should not exist in the first place because incest, child marriage and forced unions are illegal anyway.

Forum List

Back