Ted Cruz Says SCOTUS 'Clearly Wrong' to Legalize Gay Marriage

The problem is not with the science, it is with your understanding of it. Children living with adoptive parents are not in nonparental care, just as those living with two same sex parents are not.

You will note that your study covers time before Same sex marriage was even allowed so the data does not include a time when two parents of the same sex could be a marriage relationship.

Yep, you jumped in an attacked me for saying that adoptive parents are not lesser parents.

yes, that is because you are a bigot and it would never occur to you that gay people could be good parents or that adoptive parents could be just as good as biological ones.

You keep changing what the science says. You have to I guess.

It says: children do best in the homes of their BIOLOGICAL, MARRIED PARENTS.

BIOLOGICAL. It doesn't say other parents are not parents. Why do you argue things that I didn't say--that no one said?

It is the place where no explanations need to be made. "We married; our marriage created you; you live with us. You have your daddy's eyes, your mother's sense of humor, your grandma's hair, etc." The child's legacy is all right there.

Adoption happened for a reason that will need to be explained. That is not to say it's a bad situation. In many cases it's a better situation than the child would have been in. But it's not the BEST situation for children. This is easily borne out in the fact that many children adopted by loving parents still are quite curious about their background.

SSM is even less ideal, because now you have to explain how the child was created at some point. On top of everything else. And you are without a dad or a mom in the child's life. Adults think this is not a big deal. Children would beg to differ.

I'm sorry you hate children so much that none of this matters to you--and yes, every time you call me a bigot I will say you hate children. Same ridiculous charges.

You keep changing what the science says. You have to I guess.

It says: children do best in the homes of their BIOLOGICAL, MARRIED PARENTS.

And when comparing that to "nonparental care" it is accurate. But adoptive parents do not qualify as nonparental care, nor does same sex couples.

It is the place where no explanations need to be made. "We married; our marriage created you; you live with us. You have your daddy's eyes, your mother's sense of humor, your grandma's hair, etc." The child's legacy is all right there.

Yet you just gave the explanation.

Adoption happened for a reason that will need to be explained. That is not to say it's a bad situation. In many cases it's a better situation than the child would have been in. But it's not the BEST situation for children. This is easily borne out in the fact that many children adopted by loving parents still are quite curious about their background.

A child caring about their background is not a sign of things not being the best. Hell there is a major industry devoted to people that care about their background that will let you find all sorts of things about it. Does anyone that uses Ancestory.com not in the "best" situation?

SSM is even less ideal, because now you have to explain how the child was created at some point. On top of everything else. And you are without a dad or a mom in the child's life. Adults think this is not a big deal. Children would beg to differ.

You must not have kids of your own, because even opposite sex parents end up explaining how the child was created. It is something most all parents have had to answer.

I'm sorry you hate children so much that none of this matters to you--and yes, every time you call me a bigot I will say you hate children. Same ridiculous charges.

Except my charge is true and yours is you acting like a child.

And when comparing that to "nonparental care" it is accurate. But adoptive parents do not qualify as nonparental care, nor does same sex couples.

Yet you just gave the explanation.

A child caring about their background is not a sign of things not being the best. Hell there is a major industry devoted to people that care about their background that will let you find all sorts of things about it. Does anyone that uses Ancestory.com not in the "best" situation?

You must not have kids of your own, because even opposite sex parents end up explaining how the child was created. It is something most all parents have had to answer.

Except my charge is true and yours is you acting like a child.

Go argue it out with the science of the CDC.

No need. The decade old CDC study does not say what you claim it does.

I claim it says the ideal situation in which to raise a child is the home of their biological, married parents. And that research bears this out. That is statistics, not each individual case, of course.

I claim it says the ideal situation in which to raise a child is the home of their biological, married parents. And that research bears this out. That is statistics, not each individual case, of course.

Decades old research done before same sex couples were legally allowed to marry and during which they were constantly under attack.

Got anything current?

Only a matter of time before the TRUMP court strikes down same sex marriage

The only question is will they just overrule it or start by allowing business to deny service for “religious reasons”
For people who so clearly have no respect for law and order down at our border, you should be pleased when businesses get the freedom to ignore our laws, right?

Decades old research done before same sex couples were legally allowed to marry and during which they were constantly under attack.

Got anything current?
Instead of asking for current research, why don't you actually go find it yourself mate? You could easily win this debate with newer research, yet you seemingly don't have it.

So, this leads me to believe this chronological argument is all you have.

And before anyone starts hitting me with their pre-loaded "bigot" responses. I'm gay. I came out in 2017 to my elderly fundamentalist Christian grandmother to see if everything leftists said about people like her was true, and the only thing she did was smile. She didn't excommunicate me or drive me out of her home. She didn't shove a Bible in my face while screaming about how much homosexuality is a sin. She smiled. She still loves me.

Her love knows no affiliation or political party. Now, if only I could get past this sick political dichotomy the way she has.

Last edited:
And before anyone starts hitting me with their pre-loaded "bigot" responses. I'm gay. I came out in 2015 to my elderly fundamentalist Christian grandmother and the only thing she did was smile. She didn't excommunicate me or drive me out of her home. She still loves me.

That is good to hear. That is how it should be.

No idea what you are babbling about
You have every idea, actually. Don't feign ignorance with me.

One law matters while the other doesn't. That's how people like you work. If our laws on the border don't matter to you, then it shouldn't matter when businesses violate public accommodation laws either.

I'm simply using your garbage logic against you.

You do, actually. Don't feign ignorance with me.

One law matters while the other doesn't. That's how people like you work. If our laws on the border don't matter to you, then it shouldn't matter when businesses violate public accommodation laws either.

I'm simply using your garbage logic against you.

Personally, I am not afraid of Brown People or Gay People

Both of which repulse Republicans

Personally, I am not afraid of Brown People or Gay People

Both of which repulse Republicans
I'm a gay conservative. I vote Republican.

Take your presumptive arguments elsewhere.

I resent people like you pigeonholing me into pre-packaged categories because you seemingly think the LGB(T) community belongs to you. Well screw you, and screw that line of reasoning.

I'm a gay conservative. I vote Republican.

Take your presumptive arguments elsewhere.

I resent people like you pigeonholing me into pre-packaged categories because you seemingly think the LGB(T) community belongs to you. Well screw you, and screw that line of reasoning.

I can’t account for you supporting those who hate you

Forum List

Back