Ted Cruz/Scott Walker.Could This Be The Conservative "Dream Ticket"

And why is the media so absorbed with Jeb Bush, Chris Christie and Mitt Romney? A "President Ted Cruz" is rarely brought up in the mainstream media. Maybe they are just ignoring the most viable GOP Candidates? Go ahead Jeb Bush and enter the race, just wait till the likes of Ted Cruz and Scott Walker jump in, if anything, Jeb will eventually become yesterdays news once the polls start showing either Cruz or Walker way ahead of the other 24 candidates. A Cruz/Walker ticket would likely take a number of states Romney lost in 2012.

In EVERY SINGLE NATIONAL poll and in over 90% of all state polls, Cruz loses to Hillary by OVER 20 points.
In Florida and Ohio polling, Cruz loses by 15 points.

So, I think you have a good point!

Please, Republicans, nominate Ted Cruz!
Every poll showed Hillary becoming president in 2008. Except those that showed her losing to Giuliani, the GOPcandidate.
Let's recall that about this time in the 2012 cycle Donald Trump was the leading GOP contender, followed by Huckabee.
Poll Donald Trump Leads 2012 GOP Field - US News
You just never get shit right, do you?

does anyone really believe all of these polls with Hillary ahead of all GOP contenders? really? and in what states were they polling in? New York? Cally? Rhode Island? and were they oversampling? Hillary can never fill a stadium. But we all know that Scott Walker can.
The polls show her ahead because she's in the news more than other people. Believe it or not, most people havent given a thought to who the candidates might be. They're asked and the first name to pop into their heads is what they say. So Hillary gets talked about so she's in people's minds. Seriously. That's why polling at this stage is always inaccurate and wrong. People wont start paying attention until around the conventions.

does anyone really believe all of these polls with Hillary ahead of all GOP contenders? really? and in what states were they polling in? New York? Cally? Rhode Island? and were they oversampling? Hillary can never fill a stadium. But we all know that Scott Walker can.
The polls show her ahead because she's in the news more than other people. Believe it or not, most people havent given a thought to who the candidates might be. They're asked and the first name to pop into their heads is what they say. So Hillary gets talked about so she's in people's minds. Seriously. That's why polling at this stage is always inaccurate and wrong. People wont start paying attention until around the conventions.
anyone with any intelligence knows what 6 or 7 states the GOP needs to take back to win come 2016, so the hell with polls in blue states, lets just see how the polls work in those crucial states a year from now. Especially Florida/Wisconsin/Colorado/Ohio.

And why is the media so absorbed with Jeb Bush, Chris Christie and Mitt Romney? A "President Ted Cruz" is rarely brought up in the mainstream media. Maybe they are just ignoring the most viable GOP Candidates? Go ahead Jeb Bush and enter the race, just wait till the likes of Ted Cruz and Scott Walker jump in, if anything, Jeb will eventually become yesterdays news once the polls start showing either Cruz or Walker way ahead of the other 24 candidates. A Cruz/Walker ticket would likely take a number of states Romney lost in 2012.

In EVERY SINGLE NATIONAL poll and in over 90% of all state polls, Cruz loses to Hillary by OVER 20 points.

Every poll showed Hillary becoming president in 2008. Except those that showed her losing to Giuliani, the GOPcandidate.
Let's recall that about this time in the 2012 cycle Donald Trump was the leading GOP contender, followed by Huckabee.

I get stuff right, pretty much all the time. I also pegged both Obama elections and correctly predicted all of the 2010 senate marquee races. I even predicted Obama's winning percentage in 2008 at: 52.77%. He won with 52.87%. I was off by only 0.10%.

You are comparing a wide open GOP field from 2012 to a DEM field that is all but decided even now. Apples to oranges.

But you are quite wrong about Donald Trump, especially the time frame

You wrote:

Uhm, no. Not at all. And I can prove it. Unfortunately for you, I also tracked every single GOP nomination poll from November 5, 2009 to the end of 2011. That's 158 polls, and I put them in an excel table and did the calculations:

GOP Primary Polling through December 2011 - Google Sheets

At this time in the 2012 campaign, it would have been January 2011.

In January 2011, there were FIVE GOP nomination polls, all a clusterfuck among four large candidates and two smaller ones. Romney "won" 3 of those polls, Huckabee "won" two of them. Romney's average percentage for January 2011 was: 20.33%, Huckabee was at 20.20%, it was a statistical tie between the two in January, 2011. Donald Trump had not even been polling yet in January 2011, which is the time-frame you mean.

Polling for Donald Trump first appeared in APRIL 2011 and he was polled only in April and May. Of the thirteen polls in which he was polled, he "won" outright in only one, an early one, and was in a statistical tie in another. Romney still won 7 of those thirteen polls and the aggregate for April was still a statistical tie between Romney and Huckabee, not Trump. In May 2011, Romney's aggregate lead then jumped to a lean +2.67 over Huckabee. Trump was never a real threat and after Obama got Osama and also released his long form birth certificate around May 1, 2011, Trump became a laughing stock.

But even you must admit that the months of January and April are not the same months. In fact, they are not even in the same Quarter. January is in Quarter 1 of a year, April is in Quarter 2. So, "about this time in the 2012 cycle"? NO. You are wrong, as usual.

I am laughing at you. Facts beat your bullshit every single time.

:lmao:

anyone with any intelligence knows what 6 or 7 states the GOP needs to take back to win come 2016, so the hell with polls in blue states, lets just see how the polls work in those crucial states a year from now. Especially Florida/Wisconsin/Colorado/Ohio.

Oh, you mean Wisconsin, which has now gone for the Democrat SEVEN times in a row? Really?

Dukakis 1988
Clinton 1992
Clinton 1996
Gore 2000
Kerry 2004
Obama 2008
Obama 2012

Bush did not win in 2000 or 2004 with Wisconsin.

Someone needs to learn his electoral history.

Even in an election that the GOP though it was gonna win, in 2012, Obama won Wisconsin by 7 full points, on part with Romney's win in Georgia. Think about it.

Facts trump propaganda every single time.

I get stuff right, pretty much all the time. I also pegged both Obama elections and correctly predicted all of the 2010 senate marquee races. I even predicted Obama's winning percentage in 2008 at: 52.77%. He won with 52.87%. I was off by only 0.10%.

You are comparing a wide open GOP field from 2012 to a DEM field that is all but decided even now. Apples to oranges.

But you are quite wrong about Donald Trump, especially the time frame

You wrote:

Uhm, no. Not at all. And I can prove it. Unfortunately for you, I also tracked every single GOP nomination poll from November 5, 2009 to the end of 2011. That's 158 polls, and I put them in an excel table and did the calculations:

GOP Primary Polling through December 2011 - Google Sheets

At this time in the 2012 campaign, it would have been January 2011.

In January 2011, there were FIVE GOP nomination polls, all a clusterfuck among four large candidates and two smaller ones. Romney "won" 3 of those polls, Huckabee "won" two of them. Romney's average percentage for January 2011 was: 20.33%, Huckabee was at 20.20%, it was a statistical tie between the two in January, 2011. Donald Trump had not even been polling yet in January 2011, which is the time-frame you mean.

Polling for Donald Trump first appeared in APRIL 2011 and he was polled only in April and May. Of the thirteen polls in which he was polled, he "won" outright in only one, an early one, and was in a statistical tie in another. Romney still won 7 of those thirteen polls and the aggregate for April was still a statistical tie between Romney and Huckabee, not Trump. In May 2011, Romney's aggregate lead then jumped to a lean +2.67 over Huckabee. Trump was never a real threat and after Obama got Osama and also released his long form birth certificate around May 1, 2011, Trump became a laughing stock.

But even you must admit that the months of January and April are not the same months. In fact, they are not even in the same Quarter. January is in Quarter 1 of a year, April is in Quarter 2. So, "about this time in the 2012 cycle"? NO. You are wrong, as usual.

I am laughing at you. Facts beat your bullshit every single time.

:lmao:
I quote actual articles from the time period. You assure us you have a spreadsheet.
Which one of us has more credibility, Herr Poseur?

Oh, you mean Wisconsin, which has now gone for the Democrat SEVEN times in a row? Really?

Dukakis 1988
Clinton 1992
Clinton 1996
Gore 2000
Kerry 2004
Obama 2008
Obama 2012

Bush did not win in 2000 or 2004 with Wisconsin.

Someone needs to learn his electoral history.

Even in an election that the GOP though it was gonna win, in 2012, Obama won Wisconsin by 7 full points, on part with Romney's win in Georgia. Think about it.

Facts trump propaganda every single time.
Past performance is no guarantee of future results, Herr Ignoramus.

Cruz being a viable candidate is a dream indeed. He'd get crushed.
Like that no name guy from Illinois?

Folks, lots happens during campaign times. At this point in the 2008 cycle McCain's campaign was declared dead. Out of money and he fired his campaign manager. At some point in the 1992 cycle Clinton's candidacy was seen as over. Then he appeared on Arsenio Hall and played saxaphone and everyone loved him. After Iowa Howard Dean gave a rousing victory speech that sounded as though he had become unhinged and his campaign collapsed. At some point Herman Cain was the bright shining light, until allegations of sexual misconduct came out and his campaign flubbed the issue and he blew up.
Little chance things shape public perception and move campaigns. And there is no way of predicting what those will be.

Forum List

Back