Ted Nugent Goes Off on Piers Morgan

Or perhaps you'd like to take a crack at explaining why a country that has virtually outlawed private gun ownership (Russia) has a murder rate per capita 4 times as high as America?

Yes, you're less apt to be "shot" in Russia or Holland...but you're much more apt to be stabbed, strangled or beaten to death. Does that work for your notion of "common sense"?

You still haven't addressed the fundamental flaw in your argument that more gun control laws will protect us from criminals, Dubya...and that flaw is that criminals don't obey laws...which is what makes them criminals in the first place. So why do you expect someone who doesn't care about laws against assault, rape and murder to care about some additional gun control laws? Chicago has some of the strictest gun control laws in the country. According to what you believe, Chicago should be one of the saftest cities in America...yet for some reason it's the exact opposite of that. How CAN that be?

Your call for additional gun control will do one thing and one thing only...it will make it harder for law abiding citizens who want guns to protect themselves and their loved ones to purchase weapons. As Chicago has illustrated...it will not keep guns out of the hands of people who could care less about the law.

There is no fundamental flaw in the argument and countries with gun control laws prove there is a correlation between having gun control laws and reducing the crime associated with firearms. Common sense proves that and you aren't going to convince the majority of Americans to stop using common sense, because you have stopped using it.

Common sense tells me that if Chicago has some of the toughest gun control laws in the country...yet is the murder capital of America...there is a serious flaw in your argument. How do you explain that, Dubya?

Common sense doesn't tell you anything you would listen to. Tough gun laws don't work, if guns can be brought in from areas that don't have tough gun laws. That's why the Mexican Drug Cartels shop in America, because we don't have tough gun laws.

Or perhaps you'd like to take a crack at explaining why a country that has virtually outlawed private gun ownership (Russia) has a murder rate per capita 4 times as high as America?

Yes, you're less apt to be "shot" in Russia or Holland...but you're much more apt to be stabbed, strangled or beaten to death. Does that work for your notion of "common sense"?

Countries that have wars have high death rates too, but we are comparing countries that have those types of problems.

The federal government is only going to pass limited legislation to criminals from getting weapons, like UBC. States like California are making the sensible changes to the law, but they still need renewable registration and ballistics tests.

Around 76% of Americans support registration of firearms.

STILL waiting to hear what legislation is going to prevent criminals from getting guns, Dubya.

I'm amused by how naive some of you progressives are. Seriously. You've got Chicago with some of the toughest gun control laws in the nation and it's the murder capital of America. What does that tell you? What good is registering firearms when the people that are the problem are simply going to ignore the law requiring them to do so? Ballistic tests? What are you babbling about with THAT?

I hate to break the news to you, Dubya but you're looking just as uninformed on THIS topic as you are on most here. You've really got to start thinking before you post all this nonsense. It makes you look ignorant.

Go look in the treads about gun control, there are plenty of them!

I've shown the laws in detail over a dozen times that are needed to prevent criminals from getting firearms, but then you change it to what will be passed at present. The states and the federal government are working on that right now and it all depends on what laws can be passed in a state or in Congress.

Either the Republicans are going to get on board for gun control laws or pay the price at the mid-terms.
It's already against the law to murder people, Dubya.

How do you explain that the country with the highest percentage of gun ownership (Norway) has the lowest murder rate in Europe while the country with the lowest percentage of gun ownership (Holland) has one of the highest murder rates in Europe.

Was that "common sense" enough for you?

If you want to cherry pick countries that only support your analysis, start off by posting the statistics with a source, because it's been my experience that you types get your material from right-wing sites that don't provide a source and many of those sites will flat out lie. If you want to evaluate crime in two countries, you are going to have to look at the full picture.

It will take many laws, but the laws involve conduct that isn't determined by a criminal, such as UBC and universal gun registration with ballistics testing. There are laws that need to be changed such as that law requiring the ATF to destroy information on gun sales after 24 hours to preserve privacy and keep the government in the dark about gun trafficking. There are laws involving penalties for possessing an unregistered weapon that can only be made after universal registration laws are passed. There are a host of laws that need to be made limiting certain weapons and weapon accessories and sometimes these laws are only locally needed or statewide, because it isn't a one size fits all situation.

The majority of Americans believe and the majority of people in many states believe these laws are helpful and they don't give a fuck what you believe.

You still haven't addressed the fundamental flaw in your argument that more gun control laws will protect us from criminals, Dubya...and that flaw is that criminals don't obey laws...which is what makes them criminals in the first place. So why do you expect someone who doesn't care about laws against assault, rape and murder to care about some additional gun control laws? Chicago has some of the strictest gun control laws in the country. According to what you believe, Chicago should be one of the saftest cities in America...yet for some reason it's the exact opposite of that. How CAN that be?

Your call for additional gun control will do one thing and one thing only...it will make it harder for law abiding citizens who want guns to protect themselves and their loved ones to purchase weapons. As Chicago has illustrated...it will not keep guns out of the hands of people who could care less about the law.

There is no fundamental flaw in the argument and countries with gun control laws prove there is a correlation between having gun control laws and reducing the crime associated with firearms. Common sense proves that and you aren't going to convince the majority of Americans to stop using common sense, because you have stopped using it.

Show us the studies that were made that draws you to that conclusion.

TEN MYTHS ABOUT GUN CONTROL

Gun Control: Myths and Realities

STILL waiting to hear what legislation is going to prevent criminals from getting guns, Dubya.

I'm amused by how naive some of you progressives are. Seriously. You've got Chicago with some of the toughest gun control laws in the nation and it's the murder capital of America. What does that tell you? What good is registering firearms when the people that are the problem are simply going to ignore the law requiring them to do so? Ballistic tests? What are you babbling about with THAT?

I hate to break the news to you, Dubya but you're looking just as uninformed on THIS topic as you are on most here. You've really got to start thinking before you post all this nonsense. It makes you look ignorant.

Go look in the treads about gun control, there are plenty of them!

I've shown the laws in detail over a dozen times that are needed to prevent criminals from getting firearms, but then you change it to what will be passed at present. The states and the federal government are working on that right now and it all depends on what laws can be passed in a state or in Congress.

Either the Republicans are going to get on board for gun control laws or pay the price at the mid-terms.
It's already against the law to murder people, Dubya.

I guess that law isn't necessary too, because the people who murder aren't obeying it, right?

I imagine there are studies, but I use the primary data which even includes how changes in the gun laws have changed the stats over time.

It shouldn't be hard to find such studies, so look for them and show it yourself.

I imagine there are studies, but I use the primary data which even includes how changes in the gun laws have changed the stats over time.

It shouldn't be hard to find such studies, so look for them and show it yourself.

Did you read the links I posted? Especially the one from Duke University that DID do a study??

It would behoove you to find a study that supports your position rather than using raw data that doesn't give any details.

BTW it's your position to support with studies ....not mine.

Fact is, if there was such a study you would have already cited it.

Last edited:
Didn't Ted Nugent admit to intentionally shitting his pants in order to avoid the draft?

And now he's the poster boy for the NRA?

Is he a gun nut to make up for the fact that he was too much of a pussy to fight for his country?

Did you read the links I posted? Especially the one from Duke University that DID do a study??

It would behoove you to find a study that supports your position rather than using raw data that doesn't give any details.

I didn't mention studies, so you find them. I told you I use the raw data and do my own analysis.

I didn't mention studies, so you find them. I told you I use the raw data and do my own analysis.

Hey Dubee, I found yo problem...:woohoo:

The data you use is wrong. It doesn't take into account that all deaths attributed to guns in the US count the times that good honest people kill the bad guys and when cops kill bad guys and when it's used in a suicide or in accidential shootings. Nor does into account for the reporting methods used in other countries. In other owrds, you cannot compare the two without complete analysis of the facts. Which of course idiots like you are allergic to.

Stay stuck on ignorant if you wish.

Didn't Ted Nugent admit to intentionally shitting his pants in order to avoid the draft?

Is he a gun nut to make up for the fact that he was too much of a pussy to fight for his country?

It's called standing your grounds firmly and not compromising what you believe in. He knew the Vietnam War was illegitimate. The Gulf of Tonkin was admitted false flag on record.

Kudos to Nugent for refusing to fight an unjust war.

It's called standing your grounds firmly and not compromising what you believe in. He knew the Vietnam War was illegitimate. The Gulf of Tonkin was admitted staged on record.

Bullshit.

Nugent admitted taking meth before the physical and shitting his pants during the physical, in an interview with High Times Magazine in 1977.

And then, in a later interview with the Independent, claimed he was lying in the first interview, but then admitted to claiming a deferment to escape the draft because he "did not want to get his ass blown off in Vietnam".

A copy of his classification record shows two student deferments, followed by a physical deferment, implying both accounts are accurate:

http://graphics2.snopes.com/politics/graphics/nugent.jpg

And good old Ted never mentioned any reason except fear for doing so.

Meaning that Ted Nugent is indeed a big fat Pussy.

It's no wonder they weren't worried about him coming to the SoTU after making empty threats against the President. They knew how much of a pussy he is.

Last edited:

The data you use is wrong. It doesn't take into account that all deaths attributed to guns in the US count the times that good honest people kill the bad guys and when cops kill bad guys and when it's used in a suicide or in accidential shootings. Nor does into account for the reporting methods used in other countries. In other owrds, you cannot compare the two without complete analysis of the facts. Which of course idiots like you are allergic to.

Stay stuck on ignorant if you wish.

I only use FBI homicide stats, so post where I've used data other than that!

FBI ? Expanded Homicide Data Table 8

Don't make up bullshit about what I do and bullshit is a nice word for lying. Why are you lying about the statistics I've used? I'm calling you a liar, so prove you aren't!

It's called standing your grounds firmly and not compromising what you believe in. He knew the Vietnam War was illegitimate. The Gulf of Tonkin was admitted false flag on record.

Do you have the date when Ted Nugent shit his pants and were you there to wipe him?

Those tapes of what Johnson said about the Gulf of Tonkin didn't come out during the war.

How do you explain that the country with the highest percentage of gun ownership (Norway) has the lowest murder rate in Europe while the country with the lowest percentage of gun ownership (Holland) has one of the highest murder rates in Europe.

Was that "common sense" enough for you?

If you want to cherry pick countries that only support your analysis, start off by posting the statistics with a source, because it's been my experience that you types get your material from right-wing sites that don't provide a source and many of those sites will flat out lie. If you want to evaluate crime in two countries, you are going to have to look at the full picture.

I got those statistics from a study done by Harvard. You know...that same right wing place where Barack Obama attended law school?

http://www.law.harvard.edu/students/orgs/jlpp/Vol30_No2_KatesMauseronline.pdf

Your premise that getting rid of guns will stop violence is shown to be flawed because in the countries that have done that simply saw an increase in violence done with weapons OTHER than guns. So would it make you happier, Dubya if the horrific murders of those young kids had been done by a matchete wielding lunatic rather than a gun wielding lunatic...because the Harvard study found that getting rid of guns didn't get rid of violence...it just got rid of gun violence.

Gee, Dubya seems to have lost his appetite for this discussion...

It's a bitch when your argument is shown to have so many holes it starts to resemble Swiss cheese!

It's called standing your grounds firmly and not compromising what you believe in. He knew the Vietnam War was illegitimate. The Gulf of Tonkin was admitted staged on record.

Bullshit.

Nugent admitted taking meth before the physical and shitting his pants during the physical, in an interview with High Times Magazine in 1977.

And then, in a later interview with the Independent, claimed he was lying in the first interview, but then admitted to claiming a deferment to escape the draft because he "did not want to get his ass blown off in Vietnam".

A copy of his classification record shows two student deferments, followed by a physical deferment, implying both accounts are accurate:

http://graphics2.snopes.com/politics/graphics/nugent.jpg

And good old Ted never mentioned any reason except fear for doing so.

Meaning that Ted Nugent is indeed a big fat Pussy.

It's no wonder they weren't worried about him coming to the SoTU after making empty threats against the President. They knew how much of a pussy he is.

Hey stupid, that interview was a joke and everyone but you liberals know it. He also said he fucked a goat. But I imagine you believe that too.

I challenge you to back up that accusation and all it takes is a FOIA request.

Forum List

Back