Ted Nugent to be guest of Rep Steve Stockman at Obama's State of the Union speech

Yes, I'm QUITE sure that Ted Nugent will have plenty to say after the President's State of the Union speech. I guess the question is whether or not this invitation and Nugent's subsequent statements are more likely to help the GOP or hurt the GOP.

I would have to guess the latter outcome is far more likely.

While other members of Congress are hosting gun-control advocates for Tuesday's State of the Union address, Rep. Steve Stockman has given one of his visitor's gallery tickets to Ted Nugent, the conservative gun-rights supporter.

"I am excited to have a patriot like Ted Nugent joining me in the House Chamber to hear from President Obama," Mr. Stockman said in a statement announcing the choice. "After the address I'm sure Ted will have plenty to say."

Inviting Nugent is political suicide, it makes him appear to be a GOP poster boy. It will drive more people away from the Republicans and benefit the Democrats.

Yes, I'm QUITE sure that Ted Nugent will have plenty to say after the President's State of the Union speech. I guess the question is whether or not this invitation and Nugent's subsequent statements are more likely to help the GOP or hurt the GOP.

While other members of Congress are hosting gun-control advocates for Tuesday's State of the Union address, Rep. Steve Stockman has given one of his visitor's gallery tickets to Ted Nugent, the conservative gun-rights supporter.

"I am excited to have a patriot like Ted Nugent joining me in the House Chamber to hear from President Obama," Mr. Stockman said in a statement announcing the choice. "After the address I'm sure Ted will have plenty to say."

Inviting Nugent is political suicide, it makes him appear to be a GOP poster boy. It will drive more people away from the Republicans and benefit the Democrats.

Of course it is.

Outside the real gun nut fringe, and those that like Nugent for his guitar chops, no one really takes this guy seriously. Even the folks in the latter group don't.

Having him at a serious event makes it even more silly.

Do you suppose Teddy will attend dressed in Camos?

Any bets or odds on it?
I suspect he will.

Maybe he'll wear that dirty old cowboy hat too. I just wonder if he'd yell anything out, he's so screwed up..

He wanted to marry her...until she turned 20 and was too old for him anymore.

The man has had eight children with six different women and he only married two of them. Great "family values" man for the GOP for sure...

Only three out of wedlock. In rock that's considered a pittance.

And he found God later in life. He was a sinner before. He came to Christ. 3:16 is what it is all about.

Oh you're a liberal. You don't know 3:16.

Let me tell you sister. Hear the plea. All sinners deserve to be saved. You are not to judge.

We can all be redeemed.

For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

So, did he tell Obama to "suck on his machine gun" before or after his "come to Jesus"?

Did I say Nugent was a disciple? Or a priest? No just a man. Just a sinner like the rest of us.

He fucks up all the time just like we do. But I do believe he's finally stopped screwing around.

I could care less if politicians from EITHER party get their panties in a bunch over somebody they don't like.

Ted Nugent is a great American. SCREW the GOP and SCREW the Democrats!

If Ted Nugent is a great American, the standards have been lowered considerably for Ted to qualify as one, considering that previously it was men like Dwight D. Eisenhower who most Americans would say belonged in such a group.

And don't even get me started on radio hosts who throw that description around in reference to themselves.
If Obama's a great president, then anything goes.

Gabby Giffords will be there representing the Dems

Ted Nugent will be there representing the Republicans

Seems about right to me

Of course it is.

Outside the real gun nut fringe, and those that like Nugent for his guitar chops, no one really takes this guy seriously. Even the folks in the latter group don't.

Having him at a serious event makes it even more silly.

Before I sign off, I beg to differ.

Sallow I hunt.:)

Means I study the rut yearly. Don't you know why Ted's invited? The young bucks are flexing.

This has nothing to do with the Democrats or Obama or the Speech.

My dream would be a cage match.

Bets on Teddly.

At least t\Ted doesn't stammer. Oh that's right. One stammers when lying. Ted doesn't lie.

Back to topic. I think it's great he's going to be there.

I wouldn't bet the farm on that one just yet. Ted is an old druggie and not nearly in any kind of shape. How old is he? He was a 60s rocker and that is pretty old. Do the math.

Maybe 65 isn't old to you tho.. :dunno:

Actually, I don't think the Nuge has done drugs for a very long time, if ever. He's totally clean. He's just addicted to be a total asshole, that's all.

Seems about right to me

I don't understand why Giffords is allowing herself to be used this way. Far cry from Hupp.

Seems about right to me

I don't understand why Giffords is allowing herself to be used this way. Far cry from Hupp.

Do you realize how stupid that question is?

The woman took a bullet in the brain while serving her country

You don't think she has a dog in this fight?

Only three out of wedlock. In rock that's considered a pittance.

And he found God later in life. He was a sinner before. He came to Christ. 3:16 is what it is all about.

Oh you're a liberal. You don't know 3:16.

Let me tell you sister. Hear the plea. All sinners deserve to be saved. You are not to judge.

We can all be redeemed.

For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

So, did he tell Obama to "suck on his machine gun" before or after his "come to Jesus"?

Did I say Nugent was a disciple? Or a priest? No just a man. Just a sinner like the rest of us.

He fucks up all the time just like we do. But I do believe he's finally stopped screwing around.

He is just screwed up now?

Seems about right to me

So Ted has been an elected representative?

Seems about right to me

Do you realize how stupid that question is?

The woman took a bullet in the brain while serving her country

You don't think she has a dog in this fight?

Not one law that was already on the books kept Gifford from getting shot, More laws will not prevent another Jared from shooting someone else.

Tell me you realize that?

Oh and please tell me you know who Hupp is and what actions she took after her tragedy?

Last edited:
My dream would be a cage match.

Bets on Teddly.

At least t\Ted doesn't stammer. Oh that's right. One stammers when lying. Ted doesn't lie.

Back to topic. I think it's great he's going to be there.

I wouldn't bet the farm on that one just yet. Ted is an old druggie and not nearly in any kind of shape. How old is he? He was a 60s rocker and that is pretty old. Do the math.

Maybe 65 isn't old to you tho.. :dunno:

Actually, I don't think the Nuge has done drugs for a very long time, if ever. He's totally clean. He's just addicted to be a total asshole, that's all.

You guys say that with such authority. He seems to be completely fried all the time, why would you assume he is clean? Because he says it?

Forum List

Back