Ted Nugent to be guest of Rep Steve Stockman at Obama's State of the Union speech

I don't understand why Giffords is allowing herself to be used this way. Far cry from Hupp.

Do you realize how stupid that question is?

The woman took a bullet in the brain while serving her country

You don't think she has a dog in this fight?

Not one law that was already on the books kept Gifford from getting shot, More laws will not prevent another Jared from shooting someone else.

Tell me you realize that?

Oh and please tell me you know who Hupp is and what actions she took after her tragedy?

Giffords took a bullet in the head and our Government told her.....Tough shit, nothing we can do about it

If anyone in this country has a right to lobby for tighter gun laws it is Giffords

And Republicans counter with Ted Fucking Nugent.....what a clueless party

Inviting Nugent is political suicide, it makes him appear to be a GOP poster boy. It will drive more people away from the Republicans and benefit the Democrats.

Of course it is.

Outside the real gun nut fringe, and those that like Nugent for his guitar chops, no one really takes this guy seriously. Even the folks in the latter group don't.

Having him at a serious event makes it even more silly.

Before I sign off, I beg to differ.

Sallow I hunt.:)

Means I study the rut yearly. Don't you know why Ted's invited? The young bucks are flexing.

This has nothing to do with the Democrats or Obama or the Speech.

You can "differ" all you want.

I am a big fan of both William Burroughs and Charles Bukowski. I would never even think of having either person participate in serious political discourse when they were alive, like responding to a Presidential SOTU. Both have done reprehensible things.

Last edited:

Not one law that was already on the books kept Gifford from getting shot, More laws will not prevent another Jared from shooting someone else.

Oh and please tell me you know who Hupp is and what actions she took after her tragedy?

Giffords took a bullet in the head and our Government told her.....Tough shit, nothing we can do about it

If anyone in this country has a right to lobby for tighter gun laws it is Giffords

I'm glad Nugent will be there representing the Republican party but the secret service shouldn't let him anywhere near the president after his stupid comments.

I'm glad Nugent will be there representing the Republican party but the secret service shouldn't let him anywhere near the president after his stupid comments.

If they did that, 47% of the Republicans would not be allowed to attend either

If anyone in this country has a right to lobby for tighter gun laws it is Gifford's

If Giffords had not turned down Police protection, she might not have been shot in the first place.
We need to get the mentally ill on the gun check lists in computers just like the criminals are.
The Health Care lobbyists are against that and have been fighting it for over 20 years.

Another classic blunder by Republicans

A party trying to convince America that they are no longer the party of stupid being controlled by the radical fringe of the party.
A party trying to highlight its rising star Marco Rubio

And what Republican will America be talking about after the State of the Union Address?

Ted Fucking Nugent

I wouldn't bet the farm on that one just yet. Ted is an old druggie and not nearly in any kind of shape. How old is he? He was a 60s rocker and that is pretty old. Do the math.

Maybe 65 isn't old to you tho.. :dunno:

Actually, I don't think the Nuge has done drugs for a very long time, if ever. He's totally clean. He's just addicted to be a total asshole, that's all.

You guys say that with such authority. He seems to be completely fried all the time, why would you assume he is clean? Because he says it?

Oh give it up. He's been anti drug anti booze all his life. And you can't hunt stoned out of your brain.

On tour with Damn Yankees while the other guys hung out by the pool Ted went hunting. It's what he does.

Drugs and alcohol stances

Since the early 1990s Nugent has become both popular and criticized for his conservative beliefs and his anti-drug and anti-alcohol stances. He is a national spokesman for the Drug Abuse Resistance Education (DARE) program, advocating the "natural highs" to be found in an outdoor lifestyle.

Ted Nugent - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Yes, I'm QUITE sure that Ted Nugent will have plenty to say after the President's State of the Union speech. I guess the question is whether or not this invitation and Nugent's subsequent statements are more likely to help the GOP or hurt the GOP.

I would have to guess the latter outcome is far more likely.

While other members of Congress are hosting gun-control advocates for Tuesday's State of the Union address, Rep. Steve Stockman has given one of his visitor's gallery tickets to Ted Nugent, the conservative gun-rights supporter.

"I am excited to have a patriot like Ted Nugent joining me in the House Chamber to hear from President Obama," Mr. Stockman said in a statement announcing the choice. "After the address I'm sure Ted will have plenty to say."
I think it's time that The Republicans change their party name to "The Ditch Diggers" as they simply can't seem to STOP all this damned digging.

:lol:

WoW!!!

:cuckoo:

A party trying to convince America that they are no longer the party of stupid being controlled by the radical fringe of the party.

And what Republican will America be talking about after the State of the Union Address?

Ted Fucking Nugent

I sure hope that's who America will be talking about. Especially white males with testicular fortitude.

Romney's defeat caused by 'extraordinary' drop in white male support as autopsy of failed Republican campaign gets underway

Romney's defeat caused by 'extraordinary' drop in white male vote as autopsy of campaign gets underway | Mail Online

Ted Fucking Nugent

I sure hope that's who America will be talking about. Especially white males with testicular fortitude.

Romney's defeat caused by 'extraordinary' drop in white male support as autopsy of failed Republican campaign gets underway

Romney's defeat caused by 'extraordinary' drop in white male vote as autopsy of campaign gets underway | Mail Online

We agree on this

There is nothing the Democrats would love to see more than Nugent shooting his mouth off after the State of the Union and Rubio being ignored

Ted Fucking Nugent

We agree on this

There is nothing the Democrats would love to see more than Nugent shooting his mouth off after the State of the Union and Rubio being ignored

Rubio has more competition than Nugent, Rand Paul will be giving the Tea Party response to the SOTU. No doubt Michelle Bachmann will try to get some media attention, maybe Eric Cantor too.

The idiot fringe will be out in force tonight.

And charged with nothing.
He was investigated. That rises to a level of seriousness that is unacceptable, regarding him sharing the same room with President Obama.

And AFAIK, Secret Service protocols may dictate that anyone who has been investigated as a threat to the President Of The United States may not be allowed within X amount of distance.

I don't think they are under any obligation to address this ahead of tonight. Just do not allow him entrance when he shows up.

Fuck you.

He is cleared to go. He is an American citizen LEGALLY allowed to listen to his President.

Such language!

Let him listen to NPR out in his truck, while people who haven't threatened the President Of The United States listen in person.

And charged with nothing.
He was investigated. That rises to a level of seriousness that is unacceptable, regarding him sharing the same room with President Obama.

And AFAIK, Secret Service protocols may dictate that anyone who has been investigated as a threat to the President Of The United States may not be allowed within X amount of distance.

I don't think they are under any obligation to address this ahead of tonight. Just do not allow him entrance when he shows up.

You are so full of shit on this.

What? Is Teddly going to thwackmaster the President? What a crock.

What bullshit. What a ginned up piece of crap.
This is the third time you have responded to the same post. :lol:

Does Teddy make you tingle?

You can't make this shit up. Obviously some in the party haven't gotten the memo: "Please stop doing stupid things."

Have the Democrats run out of Thank You cards yet? Looks like it's time for a re-order. Go ahead and buy in volume.

As long as the GOP insists on digging their hole deeper, Democrats are happy to keep handing them longer and longer shovels. That they continue to accept them is, of course, the ____________'s fault (insert this week's scapegoat here).

Conservatives own the House.

What part of that don't you understand?
And the House is in charge of fiscal matters.

They get the blame.

Ted is actually quite eloquent when he wants to be. Half the time when you are taking sound bites he's just talking to his thwackmaster followers.

So he does his game.

Damn you people are idiots.

Thank you for making my point for me.

What you clearly don't understand is that the crazy stuff he says -- even if it represents only 1 percent of what he actually says -- provides the Democrats with precisely the kind of ammunition (no pun intended) that they need to attach him to the GOP and call them all crazies. It is absolutely perfect for them. So giving him more exposure is playing right into the hands of the Democrats.

I can't make this any more clear. That's my best shot. No pun intended.

You don't understand him at all do you?

He's not a joke. He is truly a popeye "I y'am what I y'am"

I've been a thwackmaster forever. My husband as well. Ted is for real. I don't know what you consider "crazy stuff".

I hunt with bows. Does that make me crazy? I do percussion. Black powder is my passion. Does that make me crazy?

And we all talk like Ted when we are together. Guns, bows and hunting are our passion.
Does that make us crazy?

Obviously in your mind. And that's fine.

But you are not my world. But I don't consider you weird or crazy for not living in mine.
Tiny is melting down. :lol:

My dream would be a cage match.

Bets on Teddly.

At least t\Ted doesn't stammer. Oh that's right. One stammers when lying. Ted doesn't lie.

Back to topic. I think it's great he's going to be there.

I wouldn't bet the farm on that one just yet. Ted is an old druggie and not nearly in any kind of shape. How old is he? He was a 60s rocker and that is pretty old. Do the math.

Ted has never done drugs in his life you fool. Shows you post without having a clue what you are talking about.

Ted has never ever done drugs. Fred Bear was his greatest influence on his life. The Nuge never went down the druggie pathway because of Fred.

Liar. Fool. Liar. Now I really hate you.
Yep. Full meltdown. :lol:

Ted has never done drugs in his life you fool. Shows you post without having a clue what you are talking about.

Ted has never ever done drugs. Fred Bear was his greatest influence on his life. The Nuge never went down the druggie pathway because of Fred.

Yep. Full meltdown. :lol:

I hate it when they hate me.. :eusa_eh:

I want to add Mitt Romney is a good man. He was a great candidate. The freaking handlers around him were horrid.

They turned him into Mr. Mush. Mr. Pablum. Pity.

But I don't hate him. I hate those around him that turned a good man, solid and decent for the office of the President into candidate from mush.

Mitt Romney is an evil man.

He would throw you and your family out on the street if it meant an extra dollar in his pocket.

:lmao: Sure.
She hates you! She REALLY hates you!!!!!

sally-field-oscars-you-like-me.png

Forum List

Back