Ted Nugent to be guest of Rep Steve Stockman at Obama's State of the Union speech

The Secret Service should deny him entry. He has been investigated as a threat to the President Of The United States.

And charged with nothing.
He was investigated. That rises to a level of seriousness that is unacceptable, regarding him sharing the same room with President Obama.

And AFAIK, Secret Service protocols may dictate that anyone who has been investigated as a threat to the President Of The United States may not be allowed within X amount of distance.

I don't think they are under any obligation to address this ahead of tonight. Just do not allow him entrance when he shows up.

You bring up a very good point. Why would a legislator invite someone to the president's SOU address when that person was investigated just last year for making what were widely considered by many people to be veiled threats against the president and who also has a history of making veiled threats against other Democrats?

He was investigated. That rises to a level of seriousness that is unacceptable, regarding him sharing the same room with President Obama.

And AFAIK, Secret Service protocols may dictate that anyone who has been investigated as a threat to the President Of The United States may not be allowed within X amount of distance.

I don't think they are under any obligation to address this ahead of tonight. Just do not allow him entrance when he shows up.

You bring up a very good point. Why would a legislator invite someone to the president's SOU address when that person was investigated just last year for making what were widely considered by many people to be veiled threats against the president and who also has a history of making veiled threats against other Democrats?

:lmao:

Nothing veiled. That's one thing about Ted. Nothing veiled. No minced words.

Now what's your problem with him?

Post it now and record it.

Because he doesn't give a shit about what is "widely considered by many people to be veiled threats against the president and who also has a history of making veiled threats against other Democrats?"

I'm surprised that democrats don't see re-runs of The Lone Ranger as a veiled threat.

A masked white guy with a gun running around with a renegade Native American?

That's some scary stuff.

Gays might like it, though.

man oh man, the freak out over Nugent rages on...

Not to worry, tomorrow you all can get your panties in a bunch over something else he says

I'll be watching the SOTU address - but mostly I'll be looking forward to the rebuttals:

Marco Rubio - For Republicans (today voted "NO" on the Violence Against Women Act)

Rand Paul (Aqua Buddha) - For Tea Party/Libertarians

Ted Nugent - For Assorted Nuts

lol I can't wait to hear what he has to say about the experience, bet he doesn't even own a tie lol

man oh man, the freak out over Nugent rages on...

Not to worry, tomorrow you all can get your panties in a bunch over something else he says

Well, that's the point, isn't it?

Let's consider a scenario among many. Members of Congress are permitted to invite someone to the SOU. And naturally, it's assumed that some of these invitations will be extended to someone in order to further an agenda and/or make a germane point of some kind. Now, as the member of Congress who does the inviting, it seems merely common sense that the inviting person would and should have a reasonable belief that the invited person will behave in a manner fitting the occasion.

Now, follow me here. IF Ted Nugent misbehaves either before, during, and/or after (but especially DURING) the SOU, could Rep Stockman reasonably expect that anyone would believe his explanation that he had no reason to expect anything other than the most respectful behavior from his guest? Who would believe that? Nugent is a walking social misfit and a fiasco ready to go off under certain circumstances because introducing Nugent to a formal setting is like introducing bleach into a container of ammonia.

I only wonder what Stockman could possibly be thinking because any claim he makes to innocence in this matter would seem as phony as Newt Gingrich's professed family values.

Because he is a Republican asshole.

Similar to the left putting Jane Fonda up as their poster child.
And the Dixie Chicks and other clowns.
Last time I looked Nugent did not go to north Viet Nam and assist the enemy.
On the turd factor Teddy is a 3 and Fonda is a 10.
Add in how many other Hollywood crazies that worship the Democrats?

Similar to the left putting Jane Fonda up as their poster child.
And the Dixie Chicks and other clowns.
Last time I looked Nugent did not go to north Viet Nam and assist the enemy.
On the turd factor Teddy is a 3 and Fonda is a 10.
Add in how many other Hollywood crazies that worship the Democrats?

Jane Fonda? Is she also giving a rebuttal tonight? I didn't know that...

Yes, I'm QUITE sure that Ted Nugent will have plenty to say after the President's State of the Union speech. I guess the question is whether or not this invitation and Nugent's subsequent statements are more likely to help the GOP or hurt the GOP.

I would have to guess the latter outcome is far more likely.

While other members of Congress are hosting gun-control advocates for Tuesday's State of the Union address, Rep. Steve Stockman has given one of his visitor's gallery tickets to Ted Nugent, the conservative gun-rights supporter.

"I am excited to have a patriot like Ted Nugent joining me in the House Chamber to hear from President Obama," Mr. Stockman said in a statement announcing the choice. "After the address I'm sure Ted will have plenty to say."
Good for Ted, he's a great american....Can't wait to hear what he has to say after the Ineptness In Chief is done stuttering and stammering away with his lies, deceptions, and deflections.

Git that fucker, TED!

in all seriousness, they should invite some parent who protected their kids with a gun in their house....bringing ted nugent sounds nuts to me.

in all seriousness, they should invite some parent who protected their kids with a gun in their house....bringing ted nugent sounds nuts to me.

It certainly calls Stockman's sanity into question.

Forum List

Back