Ted Nugent to be guest of Rep Steve Stockman at Obama's State of the Union speech

Well, if congressmen are able to invite people (I didn't know they could), Ted Nugent has every right to be there. The view I take on most matters he comments on are the opposite of his but we should applaud one who is willing to step into the batters box and enter public discourse. He's in it for himself and his own enrichment; that much is obvious. But are his motives any less pure than those of someone who harbors more moderate or liberal points of view? Likely not. There is, usually, a great divide between those who study issues, think them through, and are recognized as experts and what Nugent has evolved into but he has every right to be there as an invited guest.

From a political standpoint, however, the GOP can not get out of it's own way. This is about as dumb a move they could make this early in the legislative year.

Well, if congressmen are able to invite people (I didn't know they could), Ted Nugent has every right to be there. The view I take on most matters he comments on are the opposite of his but we should applaud one who is willing to step into the batters box and enter public discourse. He's in it for himself and his own enrichment; that much is obvious. But are his motives any less pure than those of someone who harbors more moderate or liberal points of view? Likely not. There is, usually, a great divide between those who study issues, think them through, and are recognized as experts and what Nugent has evolved into but he has every right to be there as an invited guest.

From a political standpoint, however, the GOP can not get out of it's own way. This is about as dumb a move they could make this early in the legislative year.

Rep. Stockman is a brand new Rep from a brand new district in Texas - and is obviously trying to get his name in lights. I can think of saner ways...

The Secret Service should deny him entry. He has been investigated as a threat to the President Of The United States.

And charged with nothing.
He was investigated. That rises to a level of seriousness that is unacceptable, regarding him sharing the same room with President Obama.

And AFAIK, Secret Service protocols may dictate that anyone who has been investigated as a threat to the President Of The United States may not be allowed within X amount of distance.

I don't think they are under any obligation to address this ahead of tonight. Just do not allow him entrance when he shows up.

Dang, not only are these Obamabots dictating what we can say, now they want to dictate where we can go..

so much for a free country under this President

Yes, I'm QUITE sure that Ted Nugent will have plenty to say after the President's State of the Union speech. I guess the question is whether or not this invitation and Nugent's subsequent statements are more likely to help the GOP or hurt the GOP.

I would have to guess the latter outcome is far more likely.

While other members of Congress are hosting gun-control advocates for Tuesday's State of the Union address, Rep. Steve Stockman has given one of his visitor's gallery tickets to Ted Nugent, the conservative gun-rights supporter.

"I am excited to have a patriot like Ted Nugent joining me in the House Chamber to hear from President Obama," Mr. Stockman said in a statement announcing the choice. "After the address I'm sure Ted will have plenty to say."

Here comes the third party.

The Secret Service should deny him entry. He has been investigated as a threat to the President Of The United States.

He was investigated. That rises to a level of seriousness that is unacceptable, regarding him sharing the same room with President Obama.

And AFAIK, Secret Service protocols may dictate that anyone who has been investigated as a threat to the President Of The United States may not be allowed within X amount of distance.

I don't think they are under any obligation to address this ahead of tonight. Just do not allow him entrance when he shows up.

Don't even. He's got clearance.

Fuck you.

He is cleared to go. He is an American citizen LEGALLY allowed to listen to his President.

You can't make this shit up. Obviously some in the party haven't gotten the memo: "Please stop doing stupid things."

Have the Democrats run out of Thank You cards yet? Looks like it's time for a re-order. Go ahead and buy in volume.

Just keep voting for McCain....see where this has got you? You are so Mr. In the Middle I want to bazooka barf at the best of times.

Rep. Stockman is a brand new Rep from a brand new district in Texas - and is obviously trying to get his name in lights. I can think of saner ways...

True that.

The best thing that could happen to Obama at this stage is to have a "you lie" moment. It would be manna from heaven.

You can't make this shit up. Obviously some in the party haven't gotten the memo: "Please stop doing stupid things."

Have the Democrats run out of Thank You cards yet? Looks like it's time for a re-order. Go ahead and buy in volume.

man, you really are a partisan hack. It's still a free friggen country,
How do you feel that they are bringing human sheilds from Sandy Hook and dancing on the graves of these children for their agenda, I bet you don't think that is stupid..

SNIP:
Lois Frankel to bring shooting victim's mom to hear Obama on gun control
Lois Frankel to bring shooting victim's mom to hear Obama on gun control - South Florida Sun-Sentinel.com

Last edited:

You are so full of shit on this.

What? Is Teddly going to thwackmaster the President? What a crock.

What bullshit. What a ginned up piece of crap.

As long as the GOP insists on digging their hole deeper, Democrats are happy to keep handing them longer and longer shovels. That they continue to accept them is, of course, the ____________'s fault (insert this week's scapegoat here).

How do you feel that they are bringing human shields from Sandy Hook? I bet you don't think that is stupid..

SNIP:
Lois Frankel to bring shooting victim's mom to hear Obama on gun control - South Florida Sun-Sentinel.com

Oh please, stop playing the victim.

Come on, stretch your mind a little bit. Take a moment to read what I wrote for a change. Let me spell it out for you as simply and clearly as I can:

1. Nugent has every right to be there
2. Nugent is everything the Democrats love to point to as a reason not to vote Republican
3. Stockman is clearly too immersed in his partisan ideology to understand this
4. Bringing Nugent to this is a nice kiss on the cheek to the Democrats
5. Several leading Republicans have already figured this out, Stockman has not. Obviously neither have you
6. No doubt the Dems are just loving this, a poster boy for the whacked out right drops right into their laps
7. You and Stockman are playing right into their hands, and you don't even know it

God damn, how can you people not see this? Seriously?

As long as the GOP insists on digging their hole deeper, Democrats are happy to keep handing them longer and longer shovels. That they continue to accept them is, of course, the ____________'s fault (insert this week's scapegoat here).

omg, you people are so full of yourselves..and say some barf worthy stuff..
the gop is digging their hole deeper..good gawd do you all ever climb down from your high horse?

Conservatives own the House.

What part of that don't you understand?

Because ultimately he's all talk.

Personally, I don't think he'd do anything to make a spectacle of himself during the SOTU. He's already made his intentions clear to do that after the SOTU.

You're 100% right. All talk. He's simply doing whatever he can do to keep the cameras rolling and the lights on; basically Dick Morris with a mullet.

How do you feel that they are bringing human shields from Sandy Hook? I bet you don't think that is stupid..

SNIP:

Oh please, stop playing the victim.

Come on, stretch your mind a little bit. Take a moment to read what I wrote for a change. Let me spell it out for you as simply and clearly as I can:

1. Nugent has every right to be there
2. Nugent is everything the Democrats love to point to as a reason not to vote Republican
3. Stockman is clearly too immersed in his partisan ideology to understand this
4. Bringing Nugent to this is a nice kiss on the cheek to the Democrats
5. Several leading Republicans have already figured this out, Stockman has not. Obviously neither have you
6. No doubt the Dems are just loving this, a poster boy for the whacked out right drops right into their laps
7. You and Stockman are playing right into their hands, and you don't even know it

God damn, how can you people not see this? Seriously?

Hit a nerve huh?..you should talk about partisan ideology..you display here daily
and how funny no answer on them bringing a human sheild from Sandy Hook

Conservatives own the House.

What part of that don't you understand?

Who cares? The Dems would fuckin' PAY to have Nugent do the response speech, I absolutely guarantee you.

But you and Stockman and Stephanie don't/won't see that.

Yes, I'm QUITE sure that Ted Nugent will have plenty to say after the President's State of the Union speech. I guess the question is whether or not this invitation and Nugent's subsequent statements are more likely to help the GOP or hurt the GOP.

I would have to guess the latter outcome is far more likely.

While other members of Congress are hosting gun-control advocates for Tuesday's State of the Union address, Rep. Steve Stockman has given one of his visitor's gallery tickets to Ted Nugent, the conservative gun-rights supporter.

"I am excited to have a patriot like Ted Nugent joining me in the House Chamber to hear from President Obama," Mr. Stockman said in a statement announcing the choice. "After the address I'm sure Ted will have plenty to say."

Nice choice, Steve-o. :cuckoo:

Forum List

Back