Ted Nugent to be guest of Rep Steve Stockman at Obama's State of the Union speech

My dream would be a cage match.

Bets on Teddly.

At least t\Ted doesn't stammer. Oh that's right. One stammers when lying. Ted doesn't lie.

Back to topic. I think it's great he's going to be there.

I wouldn't bet the farm on that one just yet. Ted is an old druggie and not nearly in any kind of shape. How old is he? He was a 60s rocker and that is pretty old. Do the math.

Maybe 65 isn't old to you tho.. :dunno:

I am elated that Ted Nugent is there but even more so I'm amused that you don't think it has a downside.

The chair is still taken.

Personally, I think she's jut trying to play it off. She's smart enough to know Uncle Teddy is an embarassment.

I owe all my bow hunting skills to Ted Nugent. I love the dude.

Anyone else on the liberal side of life want to comment on how Ted assisted them with their hunting skills?

I am elated that Ted Nugent is there but even more so I'm amused that you don't think it has a downside.

Personally, I think she's jut trying to play it off. She's smart enough to know Uncle Teddy is an embarassment.

You're giving her too much credit. I'm shocked at how politically unsophisticated the right wing posters are on this board. I mean, almost without exception, this is the group that predicted the Romney landslide despite every reputable poll shouting in the opposite direction except for an aggregate weeks before Election Day.

oh goody, you got that people, not only do they call you ignorant knuckle draggers neanderthals, now you all are, unsophisticated..
here's some unsophisticated for you, giddy up high horse

Ted is actually quite eloquent when he wants to be. Half the time when you are taking sound bites he's just talking to his thwackmaster followers.

So he does his game.

Damn you people are idiots.

Thank you for making my point for me.

What you clearly don't understand is that the crazy stuff he says -- even if it represents only 1 percent of what he actually says -- provides the Democrats with precisely the kind of ammunition (no pun intended) that they need to attach him to the GOP and call them all crazies. It is absolutely perfect for them. So giving him more exposure is playing right into the hands of the Democrats.

I can't make this any more clear. That's my best shot. No pun intended.

You don't understand him at all do you?

He's not a joke. He is truly a popeye "I y'am what I y'am"

I've been a thwackmaster forever. My husband as well. Ted is for real. I don't know what you consider "crazy stuff".

I hunt with bows. Does that make me crazy? I do percussion. Black powder is my passion. Does that make me crazy?

And we all talk like Ted when we are together. Guns, bows and hunting are our passion.
Does that make us crazy?

Obviously in your mind. And that's fine.

But you are not my world. But I don't consider you weird or crazy for not living in mine.

It should probably be instructive to you that the best analogy you can draw for Mr. Nugent is Popeye...a cartoon character.

Yes...you're in your own world and thats great. There are television shows, print media, etc...for "your world". Nothing is wrong with that. There are also those who are nudists, polygamists (sp?), gangsta rappers, that live in their own world.

Few of them are elected to prominent political office. Even fewer get elected by taking the position of "I yam what I yam and I don't care what you think"

You're giving her too much credit. I'm shocked at how politically unsophisticated the right wing posters are on this board. I mean, almost without exception, this is the group that predicted the Romney landslide despite every reputable poll shouting in the opposite direction except for an aggregate weeks before Election Day.

oh goody, you got that people, not only do they call you ignorant knuckle draggers neanderthals, now you all are, unsophisticated..
here's some unsophisticated for you, giddy up high horse

How'd that birther gambit work out for you? PS: There is this key on your keyboard called "shift"....it allows for capitalization of letters.

They often don't seem to look at the big picture, just their inner world. It's like that cocoon they created in November, thinking Romney had it in the bag. Holy crap, they were so sure, they had me wondering, maybe they're right!

If it's not in their cocoon, I think they literally don't see it. And worse, they don't see how not seeing it is hurting them.

Weird. Like trying to communicate with an alien, nothing seems to get through.

Bets on Teddly.

At least t\Ted doesn't stammer. Oh that's right. One stammers when lying. Ted doesn't lie.

I wouldn't bet the farm on that one just yet. Ted is an old druggie and not nearly in any kind of shape. How old is he? He was a 60s rocker and that is pretty old. Do the math.

Ted has never done drugs in his life you fool. Shows you post without having a clue what you are talking about.

Ted has never ever done drugs. Fred Bear was his greatest influence on his life. The Nuge never went down the druggie pathway because of Fred.

Liar. Fool. Liar. Now I really hate you.

They often don't seem to look at the big picture, just their inner world. It's like that cocoon they created in November, thinking Romney had it in the bag. Holy crap, they were so sure, they had me wondering, maybe they're right!

If it's not in their cocoon, I think they literally don't see it. And worse, they don't see how not seeing it is hurting them.

oh gawd, BARF
I'd say it's you who lives in a cocoon..try getting out amongst some REAL PEOPLE in this country

Last edited:

What planet are you on?

No one from my part of the galaxy thought Romney was going to win. Hell's bells I'm still throwing out the same message.

Get rid of progressive conservatives. Become conservative. You win.

Worked up here. We wandered in the desert for some time. But if you stick to your convictions you can win.

Last edited:

Well, you can argue that it served them well in their gerrymandered districts. You get 50.1% of those who think like you, cordon them off into a district, run a candidate that hits their high notes, and boom, you control the HOR.

I think in 2014, you will see gains by the GOP. Political Science supports that.

In the macro however; you get less bang for your buck by running to the hard right or the hard left.

oh gawd, BARF
I'd say it's you who lives in a cocoon..try getting out amongst some REAL PEOPLE in this country

Sure, okay.

You and I can agree on one thing, though: My opinion on this is irrelevant. You have a much bigger issue to address: The list of influential people in the GOP who are waking up to reality is beginning to grow and gain momentum. They've recognized that simplistic absolutism is not the way to win, that Americans are more sophisticated than that, and they're beginning to speak out. They've gathered the political will to detach from the neanderthals.

Maybe that's why you're so cranky. You're seeing what may be coming. Not my problem.

I want to add Mitt Romney is a good man. He was a great candidate. The freaking handlers around him were horrid.

They turned him into Mr. Mush. Mr. Pablum. Pity.

But I don't hate him. I hate those around him that turned a good man, solid and decent for the office of the President into candidate from mush.

What planet are you on?

No one from my part of the galaxy thought Romney was going to win.
Hell's bells I'm still throwing out the same message.

Worked up here. We wandered in the desert for some time. But if you stick to your convictions you can win.

Holy crap. Good example of how we are indeed in different universes. The one that I'm in observed the radio talk show hosts and pundits hinting of a landslide; of Fox News in utter meltdown on election night; of the right wingers here doing a victory lap weeks before the election.

You've gotta be kidding me.

oh gawd, BARF

Sure, okay.

You and I can agree on one thing, though: My opinion on this is irrelevant. You have a much bigger issue to address: The list of influential people in the GOP who are waking up to reality is beginning to grow and gain momentum. They've recognized that simplistic absolutism is not the way to win, that Americans are more sophisticated than that, and they're beginning to speak out. They've gathered the political will to detach from the neanderthals.

Maybe that's why you're so cranky. You're seeing what may be coming. Not my problem.

Really, so they want to be as big bullshitters and pander like the Democrats do...doesn't impress me and won't with a lot of "everyday" people in this country..they can cut their own throat for all I care

oh gawd, BARF

Sure, okay.

No what scares you is third party. It's not Ross Perot. It's real. We did it up here. And now we rule. Conservatives.

Wasn't easy. :eusa_angel:

Bets on Teddly.

Ted has never done drugs in his life you fool. Shows you post without having a clue what you are talking about.

Ted has never ever done drugs. Fred Bear was his greatest influence on his life. The Nuge never went down the druggie pathway because of Fred.

:lmao: Sure.

What planet are you on?

Holy crap. Good example of how we are indeed in different universes. The one that I'm in observed the radio talk show hosts and pundits hinting of a landslide; of Fox News in utter meltdown on election night; of the right wingers here doing a victory lap weeks before the election.

Just shows you don't listen to radio. You are getting some filtered messages from some other media.

Look, all I have is radio. No television. And my computer is something out of the flintstone era.

All I do 24/7 is listen to radio. Across the board, they were all freaking out about Romney.

Just shows you know jack shit and I'm not trying to be nasty here, but he didn't go on any of their shows.

Did you know that? Romney never went on any major conservative talk show on radio. Not on Mike, not on Laura not on Levin.

Isn't that a great way to get your base out?

What planet are you on?

Just shows you don't listen to radio. You are getting some filtered messages from some other media.

Look, all I have is radio. No television. And my computer is something out of the flintstone era.

All I do 24/7 is listen to radio. Across the board, they were all freaking out about Romney.

Just shows you know jack shit and I'm not trying to be nasty here, but he didn't go on any of their shows.

Did you know that? Romney never went on any major conservative talk show on radio. Not on Mike, not on Laura not on Levin.

Isn't that a great way to get your base out?

Then perhaps you weren't listening closely enough.

Just one example:

Everything -- Except the Polls -- Points to a Romney Landslide - The Rush Limbaugh Show

All of my feeling is where my concern is. But my thoughts, my intellectual analysis of this -- factoring everything I see plus the polling data -- it's not even close. Three hundred-plus electoral votes for Romney.

Rush Limbaugh, 11/05/2012

Last edited:

:lmao: Sure.

I'll be more than happy to make a fool of you.

Ted doesn't do drugs. He's a true anti druggie. His only addiction has been to sex.

Bottom line if you weren't sitting in a basement eating a pizza Sarah you would know that you can't be a druggie and do bow.

You just can't. You can't drink and do bow. It ain't happening if you even attempt to be in an altered state.

But I have to remember you are in a basement eating a pizza pretending to be Marilyn.

Forum List

Back