Tell me liberals .. Why is it racist to ask for an ID for voting but not for

You contradict yourself. Did you not post this gem from the NRA website?

NRA conventioneers can pack heat in Music City Center

On its website, the NRA warns:

"During the 2015 NRA Annual Meeting & Exhibits, lawfully carried firearms will be permitted in the Music City Center with the proper license in accordance with Tennessee law. Bridgestone Arena prohibits the possession of firearms. When carrying your firearm, remember to follow all federal, state and local laws."

2015 NRA Annual Meeting Exhibits

But Bridgestone Arena is off-limits. Spokeswoman Alexis Whitman said that guns are not allowed in Bridgestone for any event, including the NRA-sponsored concert scheduled for Saturday night. The nearby Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum also prohibits guns.

For NRA Music City Center to allow guns Bridgestone won t

"During the 2015 NRA Annual Meeting & Exhibits, lawfully carried firearms will be permitted in the Music City Center with the proper license in accordance with Tennessee law". Are you really attempting to appear so obtuse that you pretend the NRA won't allow guns into its event when it clearly will? The places they prohibit CCW are places that have rules against it, so the NRA, being a law-abiding, respectful organization, abides by them. Amazing, isn't it?

Talk about obtuse Bubba, DOESN'T refute what I posted. Weird you can't see that???
I did refute it, several times. NRA convention goers are allowed to carry weapons everywhere except where a venue has rules against it. I found that in your own post, so how much more plain can it be? You're simply wrong.

" except where a venue has rules against it"

Thanks for agreeing
Yes, I agree that I've nuked your insane argument that NRA members attending the NRA convention are not allowed to bring their guns with them. They are, plain and simple. You're wrong, because you relied on an erroneous report and didn't bother to get the whole story. Don't worry, it happens. I see lefties do it all the time, because they tend to live in a bubble where emotion rules the day, and fact need not enter. It leads them into situations like this.

Weird how GOP voter laws coincide with the goal of right wingers voter suppression efforts right?
Weird how a lot of things coincide. Do you really want to open that door?

You mean with the GOP's voter suppression laws? Or the FACT that voter ID's are a "fix" for a problem that simply doesn't exist Bubba?
You tell me, Cletus. So far, we've destroyed the whole "racist" angle, so what do you have left?

Sure you have Bubba, and you probably believe that nonsense!
Well, we've established that there is no wailing about the poor white Appalachian
Weird how GOP voter laws coincide with the goal of right wingers voter suppression efforts right?

You mean with the GOP's voter suppression laws? Or the FACT that voter ID's are a "fix" for a problem that simply doesn't exist Bubba?
You tell me, Cletus. So far, we've destroyed the whole "racist" angle, so what do you have left?

Well, there is no wailing about the poor white coal miners in Appalachia which are also impacted by the legislation. Since the measures impact black and white Americans alike, they are not racist. Of course, we could talk about the paternalistic contempt in which the Cletus's out there hold minorities if you want to talk about racism.
The coal miners are losing their jobs because of the natural gas bonanza. It`s been in all the papers. Should we force the new power generating plants to use coal instead of natural gas? I think not.

Because in the past DEAD people voted that is why. ILLEGALS have voted That is is why

ANYTHING in the past 30 years??? lol
That is immaterial. The integrity of the process must be secured.
There is no evidence of voter fraud in Pa. so the process is indeed secure but our former governor wanted ID laws anyway. Why?
Pennsylvania admits it no voter fraud problem - The Plum Line - The Washington Post

Why not make the process as sterile as possible.
When you have to pay money to vote, it's a poll tax, moron.

No state, that I am aware of, does not provide a free photo ID to vote.
Can you list states that do?

On its website, the NRA warns:

"During the 2015 NRA Annual Meeting & Exhibits, lawfully carried firearms will be permitted in the Music City Center with the proper license in accordance with Tennessee law. Bridgestone Arena prohibits the possession of firearms. When carrying your firearm, remember to follow all federal, state and local laws."

2015 NRA Annual Meeting Exhibits

But Bridgestone Arena is off-limits. Spokeswoman Alexis Whitman said that guns are not allowed in Bridgestone for any event, including the NRA-sponsored concert scheduled for Saturday night. The nearby Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum also prohibits guns.

For NRA Music City Center to allow guns Bridgestone won t

"During the 2015 NRA Annual Meeting & Exhibits, lawfully carried firearms will be permitted in the Music City Center with the proper license in accordance with Tennessee law". Are you really attempting to appear so obtuse that you pretend the NRA won't allow guns into its event when it clearly will? The places they prohibit CCW are places that have rules against it, so the NRA, being a law-abiding, respectful organization, abides by them. Amazing, isn't it?

Talk about obtuse Bubba, DOESN'T refute what I posted. Weird you can't see that???
I did refute it, several times. NRA convention goers are allowed to carry weapons everywhere except where a venue has rules against it. I found that in your own post, so how much more plain can it be? You're simply wrong.

Thanks for agreeing
Yes, I agree that I've nuked your insane argument that NRA members attending the NRA convention are not allowed to bring their guns with them. They are, plain and simple. You're wrong, because you relied on an erroneous report and didn't bother to get the whole story. Don't worry, it happens. I see lefties do it all the time, because they tend to live in a bubble where emotion rules the day, and fact need not enter. It leads them into situations like this.

Stop projecting Bubba

Because in the past DEAD people voted that is why. ILLEGALS have voted That is is why

There is no evidence of voter fraud in Pa. so the process is indeed secure but our former governor wanted ID laws anyway. Why?
Pennsylvania admits it no voter fraud problem - The Plum Line - The Washington Post

Why are you looking for a solution for a problem that doesn`t exist?

There is no reason to not optimize procedures when the solution so readily presents itself.

Well, we've established that there is no wailing about the poor white Appalachian

Well, there is no wailing about the poor white coal miners in Appalachia which are also impacted by the legislation. Since the measures impact black and white Americans alike, they are not racist. Of course, we could talk about the paternalistic contempt in which the Cletus's out there hold minorities if you want to talk about racism.
The coal miners are losing their jobs because of the natural gas bonanza. It`s been in all the papers. Should we force the new power generating plants to use coal instead of natural gas? I think not.
We shouldn't force them to use either. They should use whichever is cheapest and most readily available.

Thanks for agreeing

Stop projecting Bubba
You could try using fact, not emotion to actually support your case instead of posting facts that undermine it. Try it sometime.

Legal precedent requires these states to provide free photo ID to eligible voters who do not have one. Unfortunately, these free IDs are not equally accessible to all voters. This report is the first comprehensive assessment of the difficulties that eligible voters face in obtaining free photo ID.

Unfortunately, these free IDs are not equally accessible to all voters. This report is the first comprehensive assessment of the difficulties that eligible voters face in obtaining free photo ID.

The 11 percent of eligible voters who lack the required photo ID must travel to a designated government office to obtain one. Yet many citizens will have trouble making this trip. In the 10 states with restrictive voter ID laws:

• Nearly 500,000 eligible voters do not have access to a vehicle and live more than 10 miles from the nearest state ID-issuing office open more than two days a week. Many of them live in rural areas with dwindling public transportation options.
  • More than 10 million eligible voters live more than 10 miles from their nearest state ID-issuing office open more than two days a week.
  • 1.2 million eligible black voters and 500,000 eligible Hispanic voters live more than 10 miles from their nearest ID-issuing office open more than two days a week. People of color are more likely to be disenfranchised by these laws since they are less likely to have photo ID than the general population.
  • Many ID-issuing offices maintain limited business hours. For example, the office in Sauk City, Wisconsin is open only on the fifth Wednesday of any month. But only four months in 2012 — February, May, August, and October — have five Wednesdays. In other states — Alabama, Georgia, Mississippi, and Texas — many part-time ID-issuing offices are in the rural regions with the highest concentrations of people of color and people in poverty.
The Challenge of Obtaining Voter Identification Brennan Center for Justice

CONServatives (you) ALWAYS for a solution when no problem exists!

"The response of proponents of these laws has been, 'Well, just get an ID and if in fact you're too poor to pay for it, we'll give you the ID for free," Lawrence Norden, deputy director of the Brennan Center's Democracy Program told reporters on a conference call Wednesday. "Unfortunately for many people, this is not going to be such a simple solution."

Thanks for agreeing

Stop projecting Bubba
You could try using fact, not emotion to actually support your case instead of posting facts that undermine it. Try it sometime.

Like I said Bubba,. stop projecting

No one has to pay money to vote. Moron.

Legal precedent requires these states to provide free photo ID to eligible voters who do not have one. Unfortunately, these free IDs are not equally accessible to all voters. This report is the first comprehensive assessment of the difficulties that eligible voters face in obtaining free photo ID.

Unfortunately, these free IDs are not equally accessible to all voters. This report is the first comprehensive assessment of the difficulties that eligible voters face in obtaining free photo ID.

The 11 percent of eligible voters who lack the required photo ID must travel to a designated government office to obtain one. Yet many citizens will have trouble making this trip. In the 10 states with restrictive voter ID laws:

• Nearly 500,000 eligible voters do not have access to a vehicle and live more than 10 miles from the nearest state ID-issuing office open more than two days a week. Many of them live in rural areas with dwindling public transportation options.
  • More than 10 million eligible voters live more than 10 miles from their nearest state ID-issuing office open more than two days a week.
  • 1.2 million eligible black voters and 500,000 eligible Hispanic voters live more than 10 miles from their nearest ID-issuing office open more than two days a week. People of color are more likely to be disenfranchised by these laws since they are less likely to have photo ID than the general population.
  • Many ID-issuing offices maintain limited business hours. For example, the office in Sauk City, Wisconsin is open only on the fifth Wednesday of any month. But only four months in 2012 — February, May, August, and October — have five Wednesdays. In other states — Alabama, Georgia, Mississippi, and Texas — many part-time ID-issuing offices are in the rural regions with the highest concentrations of people of color and people in poverty.
The Challenge of Obtaining Voter Identification Brennan Center for Justice

CONServatives (you) ALWAYS for a solution when no problem exists!

"The response of proponents of these laws has been, 'Well, just get an ID and if in fact you're too poor to pay for it, we'll give you the ID for free," Lawrence Norden, deputy director of the Brennan Center's Democracy Program told reporters on a conference call Wednesday. "Unfortunately for many people, this is not going to be such a simple solution."
I've also heard it's difficult to get out of a grave to obtain the ID's.

Thanks for agreeing

Stop projecting Bubba

Like I said Bubba,. stop projecting
Cletus, you're the only one who hasn't figured it out yet.

Yes, restrict MILLIONS of voters to stop a handful of fraud stopped with GOP voter suppression ID laws. Way to make it "sterile", lol
Yours is a knee jerk reaction based on political correctness.
So let me ask....Are you claiming that because there isn't a "serious" problem with voter fraud( at least what has been reported) we should do nothing?
That in spite of the fact that ID is required for just about anything else that requires security or scrutiny....Brilliant.
Every one of your claims is straight out of the book of liberal talking points. Garbage. Shut it.

Yes, restrict MILLIONS of voters to stop a handful of fraud stopped with GOP voter suppression ID laws. Way to make it "sterile", lol
Yours is a knee jerk reaction based on political correctness.
So let me ask....Are you claiming that because there isn't a "serious" problem with voter fraud( at least what has been reported) we should do nothing?
That in spite of the fact that ID is required for just about anything else that requires security or scrutiny....Brilliant.
Every one of your claims is straight out of the book of liberal talking points. Garbage. Shut it.

Amazing, lets make it harder for millions to vote to "catch" a few people who MIGHT try to vote??

Your projection on right wing talking points is noted Bubba

Thanks for agreeing

Stop projecting Bubba

Your projection noted Bubs

getting welfare, hospital care, ride on a plane, write a check, go to the doctors, buy a beer , buy a car, buy or rent a house, If the so called poor people cant afford an ID or a car to get the voting booths do they have those problems to go to the grocery store? Go to the doctors office or hospital?

A better question to ask as a response to the OP is "why do we need an I D to vote?" What problem are we solving at the poll by requesting ID ? In a country that values freedom and the right to free speech and recognizing that voting is the ultimate in freedom of speech why would we add any encumbrance to the activity?

As long as any appreciable detectable vote deception is not proven, and I don't believe it has, we should shy away from any requirements that smack of discrimination.

I don't see a problem with asking for an ID when your ballot is cast.
I do. What if you dont have one?
Then get one like 99.99999% of the rest of the population.

"I get that all the time: 'What's the big deal? I just got my driver's license renewed, it took like five seconds,' " says Larry Norden, acting director of the Democracy Program at the Brennan Center for Justice at New York University, which opposes these laws. "Frankly, that's why these laws have been so successful, because 89 percent of the population does have photo IDs."

That leaves another 3.2 million Americans who don't possess a government-issued picture ID, according to a recent study co-authored by Norden.

Why New Photo ID Laws Mean Some Won t Vote NPR

Forum List

Back