🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Tennessee bill gives civil immunity to people who run over protesters!

Somebody or somebody's are jumping up and down on my car and swinging chains, I'm fucking flooring it and be damned with what happens.
Later I'm telling the cops, "Gee officer, I came across these protesters and didn't have a way out. I felt my life was in danger as they surrounded my car. I panicked and hit the gas".

Either that or shoot them

-Geaux

Only reason streets aren't paved with liberals is because legitimate crosswalk-using pedestrians slip and fall too often. Of course the crossings could be "gritted" regularly......

jesus has nothing to do with it.

and the law will be struck down.

morons.

I doubt that, filthy skank.

"The bill would apply if the person driving the vehicle was exercising due care and struck the protester blocking traffic in the public right-of-way."

Sounds perfectly reasonable to me.

Last edited:
Civil immunity? What about criminal liability?
No, you still aren't allowed to intentionally run people over. However, all you need to do (when confronted by people blocking traffic) is act like you didn't see them. Just hit the breaks at the last moment so it's on record that witnesses heard screeching tires before impact. Easy-peasy.

Or you can talk some shit to nearby protesters. Get them to start hitting your car. That gives you a legitimate excuse to drive through the crowd out of fear for your life.

Happy hunting!
Anti-lock brakes. Next BS?

No, you still aren't allowed to intentionally run people over. However, all you need to do (when confronted by people blocking traffic) is act like you didn't see them. Just hit the breaks at the last moment so it's on record that witnesses heard screeching tires before impact. Easy-peasy.

Or you can talk some shit to nearby protesters. Get them to start hitting your car. That gives you a legitimate excuse to drive through the crowd out of fear for your life.

Happy hunting!
If you have ABS, you could use your emergency brake to achieve the "screeching" result, or just go with plan B. Needless to say, you've got options.

Happy hunting!

I broke the ABS on all my cars. I'm too used to not having it and apparently doing your own braking messes up the ABS sensors heh Note, black ice and ABS, not compatible...

Also, Alaskan's can just roll down the window and present barrel. No rioters up here. I'd say such measures are effective.

Happy hunting!
If you have ABS, you could use your emergency brake to achieve the "screeching" result, or just go with plan B. Needless to say, you've got options.

Happy hunting!
But officer.

In my desire to avoid confrontation and the chance that I may injure one of the protesters I thought I had applied the brakes.

I may have panicked and accelerated.

Somebody or somebody's are jumping up and down on my car and swinging chains, I'm fucking flooring it and be damned with what happens.
Later I'm telling the cops, "Gee officer, I came across these protesters and didn't have a way out. I felt my life was in danger as they surrounded my car. I panicked and hit the gas".
I second this. If the protesters don't like how I respond to what they try to do to me first, they should have just done would I do and that is keep to myself.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Happy hunting!

Happy hunting!
But officer.

In my desire to avoid confrontation and the chance that I may injure one of the protesters I thought I had applied the brakes.

I may have panicked and accelerated.
Officer: "No problem. We've got shovels to scoop up the mess. You are free to go. Have a nice day."

I don't have an issue with people who feel they need to protest, if they do it peacefully. When they infringe on other people's rights, there is a problem. It is no longer peaceful if they are blocking traffic or rioting.

Forum List

Back