Tennessee objects to federal landgrab

The feds are all of us. Public ownership. Versus Private ownership. It's the land we share that private entities want for themselves alone. The National Parks belong to ALL of us citizens.
Bullshit, the upper tier Feds are NOT all of us, and I know from personal experience.

They represent the Oligarchs and could not give a flying piss what your lifestyle is now or ever.

We have to get them off their corporate leash and bring them to heel.
Tell that to the Koch brothers who want to get their mitts on more federal land. Land that is colllectivly owned by US citizens.
Show me where my land is in all that mess then, Einstein. Oh, thats right, 'collectively owned' means no one but the government owns it!

Paint me just shocked, lol
Jim, you are a loser. You seem to think that if the Federal land is given to the states, then the states sell it to private interests that you will somehow gain. You will not. It will just be land that you are not allowed to walk on, or fish or hunt on. You state that you have no interest in it now, apparently meaning that you never use it. I do use the land, BLM, National Forest, and National Parks frequently. So, if you don't use them, quit trying to sell the land that I, and so many other American Citizens do use.

Lets look at Alaska

The people of the United States paid for Alaska. We still own the majority of the land

Why should we give it to them for free?
Once it ceases to be a territory and becomes a state, fed authority over land use, ownership, resources and development ends. Per the constitution. The constitution, like the bible, is hateful in the eyes of commie losers.
Show us exactly where in the Constitution your assertion is empowered. You can't.
Art I Sect 8 Clause 17
No, that is not the relevant Article, Section and Clause. That deals with land that is purchased by the federal government for a federal use from and already existing state. If comes into effect when the federal government buys a portion of property for a Coast Guard Base and Port for example.

THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT does NOT own BLM or FOREST SERVICE lands

Why don't you go waltz on up to some of the BLM managed land and let them know that.
That's exactly what is happening, in case you don't watch the news. Which apparently you don't.

Of course I do. Someone tried that and ended up dead.
Im sure you think you're making a point other than the only point that is obvious...which is that you're a coward. Which everybody knows already.

Theres no such thing as "federal lands" outside ports, forts anf ten sq miles. Loser.

Article 4 Section 3 Clause 2 is what governs public lands, kg, not Art I Sect 8 Clause 17.

Art I Sect 8 Clause 17 To exercise exclusive Legislation in all Cases whatsoever, over such District (not exceeding ten Miles square) as may, by Cession of Particular States, and the Acceptance of Congress, become the Seat of the Government of the United States, and to exercise like Authority over all Places purchased by the Consent of the Legislature of the State in which the Same shall be, for the Erection of Forts, Magazines, Arsenals, dock-Yards, and other needful Buildings;--

"District" means Washington, DC, the seat of government and "Places" means "Forts, Magazines, Arsenals, dock-Yards, and other needful buildings."

There is nothing about 'public lands' in the Constitution being bought by the federal government. When a state entered the Union, the arrangement on which the federal government retained public lands was a matter of record and contract. No state has a residual interest in lands that it agreed belonged to the federal government. None.

Sovereign Citizen theory exists only in the heads of crazies.

The States may buy or swap or whatever arrangement that is an agreement with the US to take public lands. The States have no residual ownership or property right in those lands that went to the US when the state entered the Union.

Last edited:
what do you need it for?
Income to help preserve and maintain our investment.
but you don't own it, so the income isn't yours. I asked what do you need it for?

If we don't own it....who does?
Read the constitution. I already told you, repeatedly, who owns it.
You need to look up Article 4 Section 3 Clause 2 and stop being such a dopey ass.

KG references A1 S8 the Enumeration of Congressional Powers
To borrow Money on the credit of the United States;
To regulate Commerce with foreign Nations, and among the several States, and with the Indian Tribes;
To establish an uniform Rule of Naturalization, and uniform Laws on the subject of Bankruptcies throughout the United States;
To coin Money, regulate the Value thereof, and of foreign Coin, and fix the Standard of Weights and Measures;
To provide for the Punishment of counterfeiting the Securities and current Coin of the United States;
To establish Post Offices and post Roads;
To promote the Progress of Science and useful Arts, by securing for limited Times to Authors and Inventors the exclusive Right to their respective Writings and Discoveries;
To constitute Tribunals inferior to the supreme Court;
To define and punish Piracies and Felonies committed on the high Seas, and Offences against the Law of Nations;
To declare War, grant Letters of Marque and Reprisal, and make Rules concerning Captures on Land and Water;
To raise and support Armies, but no Appropriation of Money to that Use shall be for a longer Term than two Years;
To provide and maintain a Navy;
To make Rules for the Government and Regulation of the land and naval Forces;
To provide for calling forth the Militia to execute the Laws of the Union, suppress Insurrections and repel Invasions;
To provide for organizing, arming, and disciplining, the Militia, and for governing such Part of them as may be employed in the Service of the United States, reserving to the States respectively, the Appointment of the Officers, and the Authority of training the Militia according to the discipline prescribed by Congress;
To exercise exclusive Legislation in all Cases whatsoever, over such District (not exceeding ten Miles square) as may, by Cession of particular States, and the Acceptance of Congress, become the Seat of the Government of the United States, and to exercise like Authority over all Places purchased by the Consent of the Legislature of the State in which the Same shall be, for the Erection of Forts, Magazines, Arsenals, dock-Yards, and other needful Buildings;—And
To make all Laws which shall be necessary and proper for carrying into Execution the foregoing Powers, and all other Powers vested by this Constitution in the Government of the United States, or in any Department or Officer thereof.

And Camp says that Article 4, section 3 trumps KG's reference
New States may be admitted by the Congress into this Union; but no new State shall be formed or erected within the Jurisdiction of any other State; nor any State be formed by the Junction of two or more States, or Parts of States, without the Consent of the Legislatures of the States concerned as well as of the Congress.
The Congress shall have Power to dispose of and make all needful Rules and Regulations respecting the Territory or other Property belonging to the United States; and nothing in this Constitution shall be so construed as to Prejudice any Claims of the United States, or of any particular State.

But the Northwest Ordinance was passed to define the process by which the states would be formed from Territories and is still the guiding body of law for the formation of new states..
It provided that at least three but not more than five states would be established in the territory, and that once such a state achieved a population of 60,000 it would be admitted into representation in the Continental Congress on an equal footing with the original thirteen states.

Northwest Ordinance - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Clearly the Western states west of the Dakotas were not admitted on an equal footing given that 80-90% of the public land was retained by the federal government.

FederalOwnedLand_zps13pw5x2e.jpg

koshergrl has only her opionion, and JimBowie's suggestion has no case law or SCOTUS opinion behind it.

The fact is that public lands are governed by Article 4 Section 3 Clause 2 '

Section 3.

New States may be admitted by the Congress into this Union; but no new State shall be formed or erected within the Jurisdiction of any other State; nor any State be formed by the Junction of two or more States, or Parts of States, without the Consent of the Legislatures of the States concerned as well as of the Congress.

The Congress shall have Power to dispose of and make all needful Rules and Regulations respecting the Territory or other Property belonging to the United States; and nothing in this Constitution shall be so construed as to Prejudice any Claims of the United States, or of any particular State.

- See more at: Article IV - U.S. Constitution - FindLaw

"and nothing in this Constitution NOT EVEN KOSHERGRL or JIMBOWIE shall be so construed as to Prejudice any Claims of the United States, or of any particular State."

Jim, you are a loser. You seem to think that if the Federal land is given to the states, then the states sell it to private interests that you will somehow gain. You will not. It will just be land that you are not allowed to walk on, or fish or hunt on. You state that you have no interest in it now, apparently meaning that you never use it. I do use the land, BLM, National Forest, and National Parks frequently. So, if you don't use them, quit trying to sell the land that I, and so many other American Citizens do use.
We need to end the corporate welfare that cheap grazing fees allows, especially in your case.

Small ranchers and farmers should be given an exemption, and the Federalis should be auctioning off land to pay down the deficit that they have so carelessly accrued giving so much money away to Wall Street banks, corporations and the Democratic political patronage system.

We need to end the corporate welfare that cheap grazing fees allows, especially in your case.

Small ranchers and farmers should be given an exemption, and the Federalis should be auctioning off land to pay down the deficit that they have so carelessly accrued giving so much money away to Wall Street banks, corporations and the Democratic political patronage system.
At least you recognize only the federal government can do that, which is the entire point.

The federal government owns the land and may dispose of it as it wants.

The feds don't have the right to sell the land. They'd just sell it to the Chinese and Arabs...

The feds don't have the right to sell the land. They'd just sell it to the Chinese and Arabs...
who do you imagine owns federal lands?

The feds can sell the lands to whomever because the feds own it.

The same people that own the military bases; the Federalis

]The feds can sell the lands to whomever because the feds own it.

We do understand, Jammie Boi, that in your mind the feds own everything and we're just allowed to use a little bit but, alas child, when you grow up you'll find that's not wholesome.

No, the map I posted clearly showed the Feds do not own most of the land east of the Mississippi.

So why do you just make shit up?

]The feds can sell the lands to whomever because the feds own it.

We do understand, Jammie Boi, that in your mind the feds own everything and we're just allowed to use a little bit but, alas child, when you grow up you'll find that's not wholesome.

No, the map I posted clearly showed the Feds do not own most of the land east of the Mississippi.

So why do you just make shit up?
Read the string in this box, Jim, and tell me how your map has anything to do here.

I posted the pertinent part of the Constitution that invalidates everything you have written.

Forum List

Back