Tennessee school district bans all flags, including American Flag

doctordog

Aug 18, 2015
1. How lost is the USA when PC takes over and the American flag is banned from the school? Liberal policies are winning out turning our schools and communities into areas full of hatred.

Dickson County, TN- a Tennessee school district is banning all flags, including Old Glory.

School leaders in Dickson County decided, after a summer of controversy surrounding the Confederate flag, the wise thing to do would be to ban all flags and banners.

Some students are angry as they feel their patriotism is being compromised.

School leaders said there is a right and wrong way to show American pride:

"It's not an unpatriotic act by any means because we have a number of ways in which students do learn how to be patriotic and express American pride."

One student said, "I just think that's a right...it's freedom of expression and I don't think you should be able to take that away from us."

1. How lost is the USA when PC takes over and the American flag is banned from the school? Liberal policies are winning out turning our schools and communities into areas full of hatred.

Dickson County, TN- a Tennessee school district is banning all flags, including Old Glory.

School leaders in Dickson County decided, after a summer of controversy surrounding the Confederate flag, the wise thing to do would be to ban all flags and banners.

Some students are angry as they feel their patriotism is being compromised.

School leaders said there is a right and wrong way to show American pride:

"It's not an unpatriotic act by any means because we have a number of ways in which students do learn how to be patriotic and express American pride."

One student said, "I just think that's a right...it's freedom of expression and I don't think you should be able to take that away from us."

Tennessee you get the stupid, district award. Obama loves you.
Parents, teach your children not to be as limp as their district.
No guts, no old glory......... is the cowardly way to go.

Well ain't those school administrators special little butterflies?

Then I'm sure they won't mind me burning the one in my avatar.

Background: the Flag of the United States still flies on the school's flag pole. Be grateful because now the Gay Rainbow flag can't be in the school either.

That liberal hatred towards the confederate flag really annoys me. Looks like they were waiting for decades to find an opportunity to ban it. We should have a right to wave whatever flag we want.

The intense dislike for the CSA flag is wide spread from far left to responsible right

It's amazing how much people, AMERICAN PEOPLE hate their own country! Banning the American flag should never happen in this country under any circumstances. That's absolutely unacceptable.

It's amazing how much people, AMERICAN PEOPLE hate their own country! Banning the American flag should never happen in this country under any circumstances. That's absolutely unacceptable.
meh.i'm sure the school still has flags in it and around it. and if a blanket ban keeps the peace and gets rid of distractions, so be it.

That liberal hatred towards the confederate flag really annoys me. Looks like they were waiting for decades to find an opportunity to ban it. We should have a right to wave whatever flag we want.

we "should have" but freedom scares them..they want to keep whites divided and off balance.

Flag should have been banned as part of the surrender at Appomattox. Rebel veterans were allow to fly the flag out of courtesy and respect from Union veterans in the reunions of mixed Confederate and Union troops that would meet years after the battles were over. The people who fly it since those days and those events are abusing the courtesy and disrespecting the Confederate veterans. Gen. Robert E. Lee left instructions forbidding the flying of the flag at his funeral.

Flag should have been banned as part of the surrender at Appomattox. Rebel veterans were allow to fly the flag out of courtesy and respect from Union veterans in the reunions of mixed Confederate and Union troops that would meet years after the battles were over. The people who fly it since those days and those events are abusing the courtesy and disrespecting the Confederate veterans. Gen. Robert E. Lee left instructions forbidding the flying of the flag at his funeral.

So the British flag should be banned as well? What about the flags (if they exist) for all the Indian tribes we beat during our expansion west?

Anybody know how many boys fighting under and for the stars and striped were killed and maimed fighting against the boys fighting under and for the flag they call a confederate flag

So the British flag should be banned as well? What about the flags (if they exist) for all the Indian tribes we beat during our expansion west?
No flags should be banned for private display. Schools and public places are a different story. Yes, the British flag should be banned from display at US schools unless done for some educational purpose.
Tribal flags for native Americans should be given the same status or more than state flags. They were given sovereign status in treaties.

Forum List

Back