Terminally-ill Man Today Died 'with a Smile on his Face...

Jackson

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2010
Nashville
terminally-ill man today died 'with a smile on his face'

A terminally-ill man today died 'with a smile on his face' and urged his loved-ones to 'seize the moment' as he ended his own life at the Dignitas suicide clinic.

Bob Cole, 68, who was battling an aggressive form of lung cancer, took a lethal cocktail of drugs just 18 months after he watched his wife Ann, 67, die in the same way in Switzerland.

In a text sent from his bedside at 2.25pm this afternoon a friend wrote: 'Dear friends, Bob died with smile on his face to Beethoven's Ode to Joy. He asked you all the seize the time'.

The former carpenter wanted to publicise his death because he wants MPs to 'have the guts' to decriminalise assisted suicide in Britain.

Read more: Bob Cole whose wife died at Dignitas 18 months ago ended own life today Daily Mail Online
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

What is your opinion of suicide or assisted suicide?

I have trouble deciding if it is a sin. I know taking a life, is, but would God understand the pain of a terminally ill patient makes the difference? Will you still be saved?

I have trouble deciding if it is a sin. I know taking a life, is, but would God understand the pain of a terminally ill patient makes the difference? Will you still be saved?
Will you still be saved

From what?
Would you still be able to go to Heaven? (I'm a Christian)
I assume I know what a pastor would say but I know there are probably thousands of people who are tempted.

A terminally-ill man today died 'with a smile on his face' and urged his loved-ones to 'seize the moment' as he ended his own life at the Dignitas suicide clinic.

Bob Cole, 68, who was battling an aggressive form of lung cancer, took a lethal cocktail of drugs just 18 months after he watched his wife Ann, 67, die in the same way in Switzerland.

In a text sent from his bedside at 2.25pm this afternoon a friend wrote: 'Dear friends, Bob died with smile on his face to Beethoven's Ode to Joy. He asked you all the seize the time'.

The former carpenter wanted to publicise his death because he wants MPs to 'have the guts' to decriminalise assisted suicide in Britain.

Read more: Bob Cole whose wife died at Dignitas 18 months ago ended own life today Daily Mail Online

I would want people to have knowledge, access and support for the full process of spiritual healing, before making any permanent decision to end life, or even to undergo sex changes or other invasive, irreversible measures.

The natural process of spiritual healing by forgiveness therapy, including generational healing, has been used to change people's lives and minds, sometimes in radical ways that seem to defy science, but are completely natural.

Both mental and physical diseases have been cured this way, that medicine alone could not,
as well as saving relations and families from destructive cycles of abuse and addiction.

Even if people cannot completely change their situation, at the very least they are healed spiritually and at peace with whatever conditions remain. So I would recommend spiritual healing, if not make it a required option to at least offer where someone's life is at stake and all else has failed, to make sure people have every opportunity to save their lives, minds, body, health and relations and to make a fully informed choice instead of depriving them of possible lifesaving treatment.

See freespiritualhealing Resources for Healing and Forgiveness Therapy
for sources recommended for medical research and development on natural, free, effective, safe methods of spiritual healing that works alongside science and medicine to facilitate the natural healing process.

should be the right of anyone and end stage with doctor's counsel.

I would want people to have knowledge, access and support for the full process of spiritual healing, before making any permanent decision to end life, or even to undergo sex changes or other invasive, irreversible measures.

The natural process of spiritual healing by forgiveness therapy, including generational healing, has been used to change people's lives and minds, sometimes in radical ways that seem to defy science, but are completely natural.

Both mental and physical diseases have been cured this way, that medicine alone could not,
as well as saving relations and families from destructive cycles of abuse and addiction.

Even if people cannot completely change their situation, at the very least they are healed spiritually
and at peace with whatever conditions remain. So I would recommend, if not require, spiritual healing
to make sure people have every opportunity to save their lives, minds, body, health and relations
and to make a fully informed choice instead of depriving them of possible lifesaving treatment.

for sources recommended for medical research and development on natural, free, effective, safe methods of spiritual healing that works alongside science and medicine to facilitate the natural healing process.

Emily, that is a good idea to have counseling from a cleric who would be understanding to the plight of an individual who is terminal and in pain. It probably wouldn't matter but a short time before they succumbed to the disease. But it would be easier on the family finances, planning and help with individuals wanting to say, "Goodbye."

Emily, that is a good idea to have counseling from a cleric who would be understanding to the plight of an individual who is terminal and in pain. It probably wouldn't matter but a short time before they succumbed to the disease. But it would be easier on the family finances, planning and help with individuals wanting to say, "Goodbye."

Hi Jackson
I think there are two different levels we are both addressing here
1. one is the counseling through the process, independent of the conditions that may be irreversible, and yes it is important to having healing and peace for closure and to enjoy the most of those days left with family. So the healing process CAN help resolve any issues with family that might otherwise mar the quality of time they do have to enjoy with each other.
That is one level, independent of the outcome and if the situation changes or not.

2. But I'm also talking about something more than just counseling.
The spiritual healing process, especially the deliverance therapy and generational healing,
has actually changed people's conditions from terminal to perfectly restored health with no side effects or symptoms.

One woman that my friend Olivia's ministry helped,
was within 20 minutes of dying with even the onset of organ failure.
But Olivia and her prayer partner got the vision this lady was not meant to die
but meant to live and tell her testimony. And after they prayed, she was restored to perfect health -- Walking around with no symptoms of damaged organs or disease, and the doctors can't fully explain it.

Spiritually, the level of energy can boost the mind and body to heal themselves and overcome or reverse conditions that medicine, science or surgery cannot replicate. The mind and body can be changed in surprising ways, depending on each person's situation or path in life. (The key step in healing and recovery programs is FORGIVENESS, identifying areas of blockage in the mind or memories, even conflicts from past generations beyond this lifetime, and committing or praying to remove or let those blockage go, so that any negative energy attached to them is also released. And this process opens up channels for the lifegiving energy used by the mind and body to heal themselves naturally, so the process is either restored to normally or boosted above normal in cases of miraculous healing that exceeds expected results.)

Other patients that Olivia has prayed for died anyway, but their families received healing and peace, and the healing occurred on that level even though the physical disease was not changed. (in the books listed in the link, Dr. Francis MacNutt also wrote of cases where the answer to prayers did not come as expected, but the healing came indirectly through other means. So he recommends working with all available resources, not rejecting science or medicine, since all levels are needed to facilitate healing of the whole person, body mind and spirit.)

So either way, the spiritual healing can help the process, and even reverse it in some cases.
It works voluntarily, it does not work by coercion or attaching any expectations on the process or outcome.

If everyone had access to help with this, I believe we could
intervene to reduce the incidence, costs and deaths associated with
all levels of physical, mental and even criminal illness, abuse, addiction, destroyed relations,
and other social ills. And the lives and resources saved could then be invested in
better prevention and education, to improve the quality of life and health both for individuals
and collectively for society since the relations between individuals and whole institutions are also restored
by the same healing process. It just replicates and multiplies in effect, once one person heals
they share that with their families and communities and it helps other people in a chain reaction.

Last edited:

Even if people cannot completely change their situation, at the very least they are healed spiritually
and at peace with whatever conditions remain. So I would recommend, if not require, spiritual healing
to make sure people have every opportunity to save their lives, minds, body, health and relations
and to make a fully informed choice instead of depriving them of possible lifesaving treatment.

You have asked the toughest question there is I think. Only God has the correct reply but here is some basic thoughts.

1, I think God understands the mind of the afflicted and if that person is saved excuses whatever mental issue there is that leads to self inflicted death. Note the word "self" as I would NOT include those helping them.

2,It is written he will not put anything on us that we cannot bear. That is what opens the very question up in the first place.

3, Medicine.. Here is a sword that cuts both ways. It can be used to hasten unnatural death as in this case or be used to extend unnatural life in others.

Hi Jackson
1. one is the counseling through the process, independent of the conditions that may be irreversible, and yes it is important to having healing and peace for closure and to enjoy the most of those days left with family. So the healing process CAN help resolve any issues with family that might otherwise mar the quality of time they do have to enjoy with each other.
That is one level, independent of the outcome and if the situation changes or not.

The spiritual healing process, especially the deliverance therapy and generational healing,
has actually changed people's conditions from terminal to perfectly restored health with no side effects or symptoms.

but meant to live and tell her testimony. And after they prayed, she was restored to perfect health.
Walking around with no symptoms of damaged organs or disease, and the doctors can't fully explain it.
Spiritually, the level of energy can boost the mind and body to heal themselves and overcome or reverse
conditions that medicine, science or surgery cannot replicate. The mind and body can be changed
in surprising ways, depending on each person's situation or path in life.

Other patients that Olivia has prayed for died anyway, but their families received healing and peace,
and the healing occurred on that level even though the physical disease was not changed.

So either way, the spiritual healing can help the process, and even reverse it in some cases.
It works voluntarily, it does not work by coercion or attaching any expectations on the process or outcome.

all levels of physical, mental and even criminal illness, abuse, addiction, destroyed relations,
and other social ills. And the lives and resources saved could then be invested in
better prevention and education, to improve the quality of life and health both for individuals
and collectively for society since the relations between individuals and whole institutions are also restored
by the same healing process. It just replicates and multiplies in effect, once one person heals
they share that with their families and communities and it helps other people in a chain reaction.

You have asked the toughest question there is I think. Only God has the correct reply but here is some basic thoughts.

1, I think God understands the mind of the afflicted and if that person is saved excuses whatever mental issue there is that leads to self inflicted death. Note the word "self" as I would NOT include those helping them.

2,It is written he will not put anything on us that we cannot bear. That is what opens the very question up in the first place.

3, Medicine.. Here is a sword that cuts both ways. It can be used to hasten unnatural death as in this case or be used to extend unnatural life in others.
I think God understands, too. Number 2 is true and bothers me. Does that mean a person who accelerates his death is in essence a wimp?

What brought me to this thread, is my mother, I wasn't called from the nursing home before her death, but afterwards. The expression on her face was absolutely horrible. She must have been in shock or just plain terrified. I knew it was a matter of a short time before her death, for her tubes were pulled out. If I could have made it easier on her, it would have been better for her and certainly for me.

"He died with a smile," How comforting.

Hi Jackson

but meant to live and tell her testimony. And after they prayed, she was restored to perfect health -- Walking around with no symptoms of damaged organs or disease, and the doctors can't fully explain it.

Spiritually, the level of energy can boost the mind and body to heal themselves and overcome or reverse conditions that medicine, science or surgery cannot replicate. The mind and body can be changed in surprising ways, depending on each person's situation or path in life. (The key step in healing and recovery programs is FORGIVENESS, identifying areas of blockage in the mind or memories, even conflicts from past generations beyond this lifetime, and committing or praying to remove or let those blockage go, so that any negative energy attached to them is also released. And this process opens up channels for the lifegiving energy used by the mind and body to heal themselves naturally, so the process is either restored to normally or boosted above normal in cases of miraculous healing that exceeds expected results.)

Other patients that Olivia has prayed for died anyway, but their families received healing and peace, and the healing occurred on that level even though the physical disease was not changed. (in the books listed in the link, Dr. Francis MacNutt also wrote of cases where the answer to prayers did not come as expected, but the healing came indirectly through other means. So he recommends working with all available resources, not rejecting science or medicine, since all levels are needed to facilitate healing of the whole person, body mind and spirit.)

Just curious, what is the name of the spiritual healing place?

Everybody should have control over his own life. From the secular point of view, he should be able to decide if he wanted to end his own life. From the religious point of view, he needs to reconcile with his belief about ending his own life.

Last edited:
Everybody should have control over his own life. From the secular point of view, he should be able to decide if he wanted to end his own life. From the religious point of you, he needs to reconcile with his belief about ending his own live.
Good answer.

Forum List

Back