Terminally-ill Man Today Died 'with a Smile on his Face...

terminally-ill man today died 'with a smile on his face'

A terminally-ill man today died 'with a smile on his face' and urged his loved-ones to 'seize the moment' as he ended his own life at the Dignitas suicide clinic.

Bob Cole, 68, who was battling an aggressive form of lung cancer, took a lethal cocktail of drugs just 18 months after he watched his wife Ann, 67, die in the same way in Switzerland.

In a text sent from his bedside at 2.25pm this afternoon a friend wrote: 'Dear friends, Bob died with smile on his face to Beethoven's Ode to Joy. He asked you all the seize the time'.?

That's how I want to go--with a smile on my face.

A terminally-ill man today died 'with a smile on his face' and urged his loved-ones to 'seize the moment' as he ended his own life at the Dignitas suicide clinic.

Bob Cole, 68, who was battling an aggressive form of lung cancer, took a lethal cocktail of drugs just 18 months after he watched his wife Ann, 67, die in the same way in Switzerland.

In a text sent from his bedside at 2.25pm this afternoon a friend wrote: 'Dear friends, Bob died with smile on his face to Beethoven's Ode to Joy. He asked you all the seize the time'.

The former carpenter wanted to publicise his death because he wants MPs to 'have the guts' to decriminalise assisted suicide in Britain.

Read more: Bob Cole whose wife died at Dignitas 18 months ago ended own life today Daily Mail Online
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

What is your opinion of suicide or assisted suicide?
Revive and arrest them for attempted murder. Assisting someone? Electric chair.

In a text sent from his bedside at 2.25pm this afternoon a friend wrote: 'Dear friends, Bob died with smile on his face to Beethoven's Ode to Joy. He asked you all the seize the time'.

The former carpenter wanted to publicise his death because he wants MPs to 'have the guts' to decriminalise assisted suicide in Britain.

Read more: Bob Cole whose wife died at Dignitas 18 months ago ended own life today Daily Mail Online

That is such as personal choice, between the family members and his relationship with the Almighty, that I don't think we can decide their fate for them. If the man had a terminal illness, a natural death was waiting for him. He chose to meet that end without enduring needless pain.

I have a terminal illness like many Americans. When that time nears, I will counsel with family in the most loving way possible and let them know what their lives meant for mine. Waiting for the end days to come, for them to watch the pain and agony a loved one goes through to meet their end is not a memory I wish them to have.

You are a fucking idiot.

Forum List

Back