Terminally-ill Man Today Died 'with a Smile on his Face...

terminally-ill man today died 'with a smile on his face'

A terminally-ill man today died 'with a smile on his face' and urged his loved-ones to 'seize the moment' as he ended his own life at the Dignitas suicide clinic.

Bob Cole, 68, who was battling an aggressive form of lung cancer, took a lethal cocktail of drugs just 18 months after he watched his wife Ann, 67, die in the same way in Switzerland.

In a text sent from his bedside at 2.25pm this afternoon a friend wrote: 'Dear friends, Bob died with smile on his face to Beethoven's Ode to Joy. He asked you all the seize the time'.

The former carpenter wanted to publicise his death because he wants MPs to 'have the guts' to decriminalise assisted suicide in Britain.

Read more: Bob Cole whose wife died at Dignitas 18 months ago ended own life today Daily Mail Online
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

What is your opinion of suicide or assisted suicide?

I think people should be allowed to die with dignity.
Let me guess. You believe that doctors should be able to rip arms and legs and other body parts from a baby still in the womb? Am I right

I think the subject of abortion is between a woman and her doctor.
That sort of thinking is going the way of the dinosaurs. Abortion for profit is frowned on. There is no statute of limitations on baby murder.

A terminally-ill man today died 'with a smile on his face' and urged his loved-ones to 'seize the moment' as he ended his own life at the Dignitas suicide clinic.

Bob Cole, 68, who was battling an aggressive form of lung cancer, took a lethal cocktail of drugs just 18 months after he watched his wife Ann, 67, die in the same way in Switzerland.

In a text sent from his bedside at 2.25pm this afternoon a friend wrote: 'Dear friends, Bob died with smile on his face to Beethoven's Ode to Joy. He asked you all the seize the time'.

The former carpenter wanted to publicise his death because he wants MPs to 'have the guts' to decriminalise assisted suicide in Britain.

Read more: Bob Cole whose wife died at Dignitas 18 months ago ended own life today Daily Mail Online

We treat our pets with more compassion than we do humans. If someone is in pain and it is terminal, they should be given the same compassion we give our pets.

We all become pets of the government. A cat with a boken leg can be put down because the owner chooses not to pay to get the leg set. The government chooses not to pay for cancer treatment, euthanize the "pet". If the pet chooses not to be euthanized, an expert will be paid to say the pet is incompetent to make that decision. It must be made for them and is always death.

Safeguards should be put into place so that doesn't happen. Assisted suicide should not be that prevelant.
Fuck safeguards. If a woman has a right to choose on what to carry in her body full term, man or woman have the right to choose how much suffering they are willing to take and die with dignity if that is what they wish.
It quickly becomes not what they wish, but what is wished for them. Then it's too late to change.

Let me guess. You believe that doctors should be able to rip arms and legs and other body parts from a baby still in the womb? Am I right

Unless there is a problem with the mother surviving the delivery, it is between the mother, father and God.

Of course you have a right to your opinion, you just don't have the authority to decide who will or will not have his civil rights, or in this case the right to privacy.
We are just a few rightly placed Supreme Court justices away that will determine what your type believes is the "right to privacy" is. Hillary is hurting in the polls, Ruth bader Ginsberg is ready to die, with a surgical impeachment of SCOTUS traitors and every GOP candidate is against abortion, that unconstitutional Roe vs Wade decision will be reversed.

That sort of thinking is going the way of the dinosaurs. Abortion for profit is frowned on. There is no statute of limitations on baby murder.

This is unsurprisingly ignorant and wrong.

Rights are not subject to majority rule.

Unless there is a problem with the mother surviving the delivery, it is between the mother, father and God.

Of course you have a right to your opinion, you just don't have the authority to decide who will or will not have his civil rights, or in this case the right to privacy.
We are just a few rightly place Supreme Court justices that will determine what your type believe is the "right to privacy" is. Hillary is hurting in the polls, Ruth bader Ginsberg is ready to die and every GOP candidate is against abortion.

Roe vs Wade, 1973. Good luck.

When did babies lose their rights?
I recommend you read Roe vs Wade.

Prior to the birth the embryo/fetus is legally not a person and is not entitled to Constitutional protections.
Roe v Wade was bad law pulled out of the asses of majority on the court. Last I heard most Constitution scholars agree, it was a political decision.

So you believe it's a fetus one minute and a person the next when it exits? That isn't even rational.

We are just a few rightly place Supreme Court justices that will determine what your type believe is the "right to privacy" is. Hillary is hurting in the polls, Ruth bader Ginsberg is ready to die and every GOP candidate is against abortion.

21st Amendment 1933. Mistakes can be repealed.

21st Amendment 1933. Mistakes can be repealed.

Again,...good luck.

Prior to the birth the embryo/fetus is legally not a person and is not entitled to Constitutional protections.
Roe v Wade was bad law pulled out of the asses of majority on the court. Last I heard most Constitution scholars agree, it was a political decision.

So you believe it's a fetus one minute and a person the next when it exits? That isn't even rational.

You are entitled to your own opinion.

That's an opinion? A fetus one minute, hocus pocus, a baby the next?

That's an opinion? A fetus one minute, hocus pocus, a baby the next?

I really do not wish to turn this into an abortion thread out of respect for the OP. I will now remove myself from this discussion.

Fetal viability - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

We treat our pets with more compassion than we do humans. If someone is in pain and it is terminal, they should be given the same compassion we give our pets.

Good point.

Forum List

Back