Tesla and Panasonic to open a solar cell plant in Buffalo (link) How is this a bad thing?

Now if Trump would just ease those mpg regulations on new cars.

And that would kill the development of alternative powered vehicles. Not the first time this would have happened. In the 1903 Auto Show, there were Diesels, next came the Electrics and Steam. There was one upstart Gasoline powered vehicle. Electric was the second most common powered vehicle. Unfortunately, the research to make the Electric ore acceptable was curtailed and gasoline vehicles expanded. For the next century, the electric powered cars pretty well stopped.

Now, the Electric Car is on the verge of having more than a 400 mile range, gast 30 min charge. In the 70s, the Rare Earth Magnet Motor was invented and that revolutionized many thing including computer drives and even power tools. The problem was, the battery technology was still the same as in the 19th century. Today, the battery has become smaller, more powerful, higher output and faster charge times. Today, we have the battery and the motor. Tesla and Panasonic are a good mix.

BTW, they started construction on a new plant in the Desert of Nevada as well. They are hiring. The catch is, it's in the middle of absolutely nowhere. They are ghoing to have to build houses and shopping centers. Not the first time. During Dam construction (Hoover Dam) they had to do the same thing. It's time to see this again.

WE have made strides and cleaned up a lot of the mess that we made in the late 19th century and the first half of the 20th. We are almost there as long as we keep it going.

You can't force innovation.
Really? You don't think Tesla is govt intervention in private markets?

No, I don't think "TESLA" is govt intervention in private markets.

What specifically do you mean?

And that would kill the development of alternative powered vehicles. Not the first time this would have happened. In the 1903 Auto Show, there were Diesels, next came the Electrics and Steam. There was one upstart Gasoline powered vehicle. Electric was the second most common powered vehicle. Unfortunately, the research to make the Electric ore acceptable was curtailed and gasoline vehicles expanded. For the next century, the electric powered cars pretty well stopped.

Now, the Electric Car is on the verge of having more than a 400 mile range, gast 30 min charge. In the 70s, the Rare Earth Magnet Motor was invented and that revolutionized many thing including computer drives and even power tools. The problem was, the battery technology was still the same as in the 19th century. Today, the battery has become smaller, more powerful, higher output and faster charge times. Today, we have the battery and the motor. Tesla and Panasonic are a good mix.

BTW, they started construction on a new plant in the Desert of Nevada as well. They are hiring. The catch is, it's in the middle of absolutely nowhere. They are ghoing to have to build houses and shopping centers. Not the first time. During Dam construction (Hoover Dam) they had to do the same thing. It's time to see this again.

WE have made strides and cleaned up a lot of the mess that we made in the late 19th century and the first half of the 20th. We are almost there as long as we keep it going.

Tesla would not exist without MPG regs, clean air regs and tax incentives. It's just ironic that a goper would be crowing about this, esp given that CA's more stringent regs game impetus to the electric car "industry." Frankly I don't care, beyond the irony. But Trump has no consistent position on gummit regs and markets.

Tesla would not exist without MPG regs, clean air regs and tax incentives. It's just ironic that a goper would be crowing about this, esp given that CA's more stringent regs game impetus to the electric car "industry." Frankly I don't care, beyond the irony. But Trump has no consistent position on gummit regs and markets.

Tax incentives is government fucking with private industry?

That's a fascinating way to look at it. I look at LESS taxes as LESS government interference.

Tesla should function and prosper as the free market sees fit.

What about Solyndra? What specifically went wrong there that went right with Tesla?

That's a fascinating way to look at it. I look at LESS taxes as LESS government interference.

What about Solyndra? What specifically went wrong there that went right with Tesla?

Yes, giving preferential treatment to one market participant over another market participant is the most blatant form of govt interference in markets. And if you're saying Trump is behaving as Obama did with Solyandra ... I would not totally disagree. Except, Trump is merely cheering it on rather than creating the market interference.

Clean energy may be good. Certainly more MPG regs and clean air regs are (at least those aimed at "smog"). But its simply mindless hypocrisy for Trump to cheer on Tesla while simultaneously crowing about all the regs he's gonna cut But he'll be doing this shit a lot, imo.

Yes, giving preferential treatment to one market participant over another market participant is the most blatant form of govt interference in markets. And if you're saying Trump is behaving as Obama did with Solyandra ... I would not totally disagree. Except, Trump is merely cheering it on rather than creating the market interference.

Clean energy may be good. Certainly more MPG regs and clean air regs are (at least those aimed at "smog"). But its simply mindless hypocrisy for Trump to cheer on Tesla while simultaneously crowing about all the regs he's gonna cut But he'll be doing this shit a lot, imo.

I'm saying that I am not a proponent of NO GOVERNMENT REGULATIONS. I am a proponent of MINIMAL GOVERNMENT REGULATIONS.

Government should make sure the car you buy does not kill you because of poor design, for example. The government should not regulate in order to destroy an industry due to political objectives.

I have seen the latter for 8 years and I would like it to go away.

It's only a 'bad thing' to Trump-hater extremists. They'd love to see more American jobs leave the country. Anything to hurt their Trump Boogeyman. You're dealing with hateful sickos.

Personally, i'm very happy seeing more & more American businesses staying here at home. And i do think Trump is influencing some of those decisions. Good on em.

Last edited:
It's only a 'bad thing' to Trump-hater extremists. They'd love to see more American jobs leave the country. Anything to hurt their Trump Boogeyman. You're dealing with hateful sickos. Personally, i'm very happy seeing more & more American businesses staying here at home. And i do think Trump is influencing some of those decisions. Good on em.

They showed their asses right out of the gate.

The BIG OUTRAGE that "THE WALL" will be a "FENCE" in some places was HILARIOUS. Snowflakes acting like fucking 3rd graders.

Soros left wing think tanks will think of something for their sheep to cry about.

Trump is......uhhhhh, being.....bribed or something along those lines.

It's kind of fun to try to guess why snowflakes will whine when something good happens.

...the Trump bribe angle is a pretty solid angle.
So you think incentives offered by states amounts to bribes? Is this what you meant when you totaled this thread? Is this the "nad thing"? How do you expect Trump to bring back manufacturing without that card in play?

The loserterian isn't going to like Trump very much if Carrier is what Trumps going to do for the next 4 years. I agree with Trump on this issue, just like I agreed with Obama on the GM bail-out.

It will take a strong president to get our jobs back. Allowing corporations to fuck us over got us into this mess.

The GM bail-out was approved on December 19, 2008, BEFORE Obama took office.

What got you into this mess was the electoral college certifying Bush in 2000, and Trump in 2016.

When a city or state is trying to keep a current business there, or trying to attract new businesses to their area, what's the first thing they offer? That's right, tax incentives. Even liberal states have used this method because that's the only one that seems to work.

Libs fail to realize this. It's why I bring up the billions of dollars in tax breaks that Oregon gave to Nike.

Remember too that when Democrats give tax breaks, it's called an investment in our country. When Republicans do the same thing, they are just called tax breaks.

Snowflakes like calling them bribes now.
YOU called them bribes!

Yes, I said that's what snowflakes would call them. I was correct. They are not bribes.

You are ignorant. Any city that wants a big box MUST approach the big box with an offer of free land, free building, and tax incentives. Bribes.

Soros left wing think tanks will think of something for their sheep to cry about.

Trump is......uhhhhh, being.....bribed or something along those lines.

It's kind of fun to try to guess why snowflakes will whine when something good happens.

...the Trump bribe angle is a pretty solid angle.
So you think incentives offered by states amounts to bribes? Is this what you meant when you totaled this thread? Is this the "nad thing"? How do you expect Trump to bring back manufacturing without that card in play?

The loserterian isn't going to like Trump very much if Carrier is what Trumps going to do for the next 4 years. I agree with Trump on this issue, just like I agreed with Obama on the GM bail-out.

It will take a strong president to get our jobs back. Allowing corporations to fuck us over got us into this mess.

The GM bail-out was approved on December 19, 2008, BEFORE Obama took office.

What got you into this mess was the electoral college certifying Bush in 2000, and Trump in 2016.

The electoral college didn't do that, the voters did.

New York state has committed $750 million to build and outfit the plant at Buffalo's RiverBend site, the centerpiece of Democratic Gov. Andrew Cuomo's "Buffalo Billion" program to revitalize the upstate region's largest city.

Wow, snowflakes were crying about $7 million from the STATE OF INDIANA to keep Carrier.....

....they must REALLY be pissed off at NEW YORK STATE for bribing Panasonic and Tesla with $750 million.

So it's OK to use taxpayer funds to support/expand financially stable companies?

Yes.

Nobody opens large factories in Calif anymore. I wonder why.

Buffalo gave them more money.

They didn't give them a dime.

Already posted. $750M

Noted, they didn't give those two companies a dime.
The taxpayers of New York are coughing up $750 million.

And that is outrageous.

Depends on the ROI ---- (return on investment). Might be a fantastic investment of tax funds.

New York state has committed $750 million to build and outfit the plant at Buffalo's RiverBend site, the centerpiece of Democratic Gov. Andrew Cuomo's "Buffalo Billion" program to revitalize the upstate region's largest city.

Wow, snowflakes were crying about $7 million from the STATE OF INDIANA to keep Carrier.....

....they must REALLY be pissed off at NEW YORK STATE for bribing Panasonic and Tesla with $750 million.

So it's OK to use taxpayer funds to support/expand financially stable companies?

Yes.

Of course...it's done all day every day.

Do some research. MANY MANY MANY companies get MANY MANY MANY tax breaks from municipalities for opening offices and factories.

Just like many municipalities pay to build stadiums for sports franchises. That is the taxpayer funding a stadium for BILLIONAIRE team owners. The municipality benefits.

Already posted. $750M

And that is outrageous.

Depends on the ROI ---- (return on investment). Might be a fantastic investment of tax funds.
That's what every piglet on the government tit says.

Yes.

State your case.

Yes.

Of course...it's done all day every day.

Do some research. MANY MANY MANY companies get MANY MANY MANY tax breaks from municipalities for opening offices and factories.

Just like many municipalities pay to build stadiums for sports franchises. That is the taxpayer funding a stadium for BILLIONAIRE team owners. The municipality benefits.

Only if the jobs created don't displace other jobs AND the sports team wins.

Already posted. $750M

And that is outrageous.

You just turned the moonbats on their ear. They don't up have a clue as to the ROI, they up just start bitching.

Already posted. $750M

And that is outrageous.

That's what every piglet on the government tit says.

What? What kind of stupid statement is that?

Those of us who pay taxes want to see a return on our investment. Those of you on the public dole want it all for yourself.

Yes.

State your case.

Case? You asked an opinion question, I gave you my opinion. I'm pretty sure I was explicit and clear.

If you don't understand WHY that's my opinion, I'll be happy to explain it to you.

Forum List

Back