Tesla Model S Hits the Roads With Great Success!!!

GHook93

Aristotle
Apr 22, 2007
Chicago
11,000 orders that put a $5K deposit down. 5K cars delivered with 6K more to go! The electric car is the future and this is the start!

Quick Spin: 2013 Tesla Model S | Fox News
The battery-powered Tesla Model S is officially on the road, thanks in part to the aforementioned Department of Energy loan, but also the backing of many private investors – some of whom are named Brin and Page. Google it if you don’t know what I’m talking about.

The first customer cars are in the hands of their very patient depositors, and one or two cars are being built and shipped each day, a rate that will accelerate as production ramps up through the end of the year. By then, Tesla expects to have delivered 5,000 vehicles, which won’t even fill half of the 11,000 orders currently on its books. In other words, it’s off to a pretty good start.

11,000 orders that put a $5K deposit down. 5K cars delivered with 6K more to go! The electric car is the future and this is the start!

The battery-powered Tesla Model S is officially on the road, thanks in part to the aforementioned Department of Energy loan, but also the backing of many private investors – some of whom are named Brin and Page. Google it if you don’t know what I’m talking about.

The first customer cars are in the hands of their very patient depositors, and one or two cars are being built and shipped each day, a rate that will accelerate as production ramps up through the end of the year. By then, Tesla expects to have delivered 5,000 vehicles, which won’t even fill half of the 11,000 orders currently on its books. In other words, it’s off to a pretty good start.

Hmm.....I think you were reading some wrong information according to this article here.

Tesla CEO accuses New York Times of printing 'fake' car review

SNIP:

However, after driving just 68 miles, Broder reported that the battery had already lost 85 miles of range. He wrote that he then turned the heat down to conserve energy and set the cruise control at 54 mph on a stretch of road where the speed limit is 65 mph.

Suffering from freezing feet and knuckles turning white from the cold, Broder took what he describes as “a short break in Manhattan,” and set off again with 79 miles of charge left, with the Milford station 73 miles away.

Despite the fact that the car had turned off the heater completely and was telling him to "recharge now" miles before he reached the station, he made it, and plugged in the car for “nearly an hour,” receiving 185 miles of range in return. He does not say what the temperature was at this point, or whether or not the computer indicated that a complete charge had been achieved.

But Musk says Broder’s account was less than accurate.

Read more
: Tesla CEO accuses New York Times of printing 'fake' car review | Fox News

Now my friend, if you want to see the car I could find myself driving behind the wheel of, it is all right here. The Alfa-Romeo 4C is coming soon. Woot***

2343d4ec-a762-4efe-9926-9bcb7fbea593_zpse1bc6d27.jpg

In the past week, I have seen three Tesla cars on the road. 2 of the Model S's and 1 Roadster. Have to say the Model S is a great looking car.

The electric car has been around for over a century, when are progressives going to start looking at new technology instead of getting excited about old technology?

(Reuters) - Electric-car maker Tesla says first-quarter was profitable

"Electric-car maker Tesla Motors Inc said it expects to report a first-quarter profit on both a net and adjusted basis following stronger-than-expected sales of its Model S sedan, sending its shares soaring more than 19 percent in early trading on Monday. Model S sales exceeded 4,750 units in the quarter, higher than the 4,500 Tesla had forecast, the company said on Monday."

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IgKWPdJWuBQ"]Elon Musk: The mind behind Tesla, SpaceX, SolarCity[/ame]

The electric car is the future, but it is already here, has been for a few years now. And they aren't as pricey as a Tesla, nor as range limited.

2013-Chevy-Volt-commuter.jpg

Rich mans toy.

The electric car is the future, but it is already here, has been for a few years now. And they aren't as pricey as a Tesla, nor as range limited.

2013-Chevy-Volt-commuter.jpg

Why do people always need reminding about the first cell phones and computers. Both were "rich man's toys," both were said they were never be affordable to the general public and both were around a long time before they were made affordable and mainstream. Now look were the cell phone and computer have come! Remember both the first cell phones and computers was 1000 fold more expensive then they are now!

Cellular-One_Bag-Phone_web.jpg

The-First-Computer.jpg

Why do people always need reminding about the first cell phones and computers. Both were "rich man's toys," both were said they were never be affordable to the general public and both were around a long time before they were made affordable and mainstream.

Umm it has nothing to do with mainstream or afforability. If one came along that could meet the public's needs they would sell millions of them.

Why do people always need reminding about the first cell phones and computers. Both were "rich man's toys," both were said they were never be affordable to the general public and both were around a long time before they were made affordable and mainstream.

Umm it has nothing to do with mainstream or afforability. If one came along that could meet the public's needs they would sell millions of them.

It does matter. The first computers took up an entire room. I believe it was like that for a few decades. They were ubber expensive, inefficient, uneffective and were not available to the general public. Technology got better and we have most households have at least one computer.

Eventually the same thing with happen with the electric car.

Forum List

Back