Tesla will be abandoning electric cars in favor of hydrogen.

Son, you're the one who said you were gonna run to the store and buy 2 tons of batteries, not me.
I'm sure Teslas might could be repaired with similar not Tesla cells replaced in them.
2 tons of batteries that are somewhere in between AA and C size and all have to be just right or the whole thing could have problems. That's a lot of moving parts.

It could be done. Walmart has them, Faggatronius Maximus Stupidus.

raggot.jpg

Once he makes the shift the death warrant will be signed for EVS. History will remember them as a passing fad that had a some attraction to some people and EVS will probably remain around afterwards as a novelty product.
There will be some application for them but certainly not in the hefty parameters required currently by the transportation system in here in North America. In the end we'll be discovered that Ev's simply were not tenable as a replacement for internal combustion engines.

Yup, I read a similar article a few days ago, apparently BMW are doing the same. They've kinda figured out that battery ain't the way forward but pulling up to a fuel station is.

Electric cars to me is what we used to have as kids, scalextric.

Yup, I read a similar article a few days ago, apparently BMW are doing the same. They've kinda figured out that battery ain't the way forward but pulling up to a fuel station is.

Musk is usually at the front of the pack. You know if he's doing it everyone else will follow.

Airplanemechanic, you and I have a common interest in airplanes. What do you do to airplanes?

What do I do to them? Well right now, nothing. But I used to fly them and work on them. I'm still a pilot and mechanic, just not current.

It's bullshit, it's fake news. Musk said nothing of the sort.

He doesn't want competition.
Remember he is an otherworldly genius.
Musk along with all the world car makers screwed up by opening a factory in china

Now the commies have all their secrets and are planning to run everyone else out of business

Battery-powered cars are not viable. They have to have a lot of extra steel and weight and amenities which means they need to have even more batteries to power all that stuff which adds even more weight to the point where the idea ceases to be viable.
Now battery power for things up to around 1/2 the size of a car is viable. Anything heavier and it's just adding more weight, more moving parts, and losing efficiency.

The main issue is the charge time. EV's won't be a viable replacement for ICE vehicles until you can charge a battery as fast as you fill a gas tank.

What do I do to them? Well right now, nothing. But I used to fly them and work on them. I'm still a pilot and mechanic, just not current.
I never worked on the airplanes I flew but like you I am a pilot. A good friend of mine took his daughter up with him to return an airplane and he ended up crashing and both died. He was an airplane mechanic.

Son, you're the one who said you were gonna run to the store and buy 2 tons of batteries, not me.
That is not true. I do not own any electric vehicle. What you say makes no sense. Read my remarks carefully.

Forum List

Back