Test Prep

Yet, being the moron you are, you claim I lack understanding without any clue as to what data is even being discussed. Did they teach you that in graduate school too?

As far as I can tell, you are the only person claiming the US is not lagging behind when it comes to quantifiable data. Although now I understand why 'educators' truly dislike standardized testing. The actual results cannot cover the undeniable decline as a result of their failures. This isn't rocket science, go ahead and choose some quantifiable data on international education and I'll walk you through it.

I can't prove a negative. They taught me that in high school.

You made the claim, you provide that data, and I'll even lube it up before shoving it up your ass!

I graduated high school in 1978 from a well-respected high school. My three kids all graduated between 2002 and 2012, the first two from the high school where I taught. Each kid had their own talents but scored about the same as I did on the SAT. On the ACT, the surpassed me in language arts and science because they had a superior education to mine. I did not teach them math, so their scores were good, but nowhere near my almost perfect score.

Prove our top students are not on par with the rest of the world, and I'll kiss your ass in front of everyone here!

I can't prove a negative. They taught me that in high school.

You made the claim, you provide that data, and I'll even lube it up before shoving it up your ass!

I graduated high school in 1978 from a well-respected high school. My three kids all graduated between 2002 and 2012, the first two from the high school where I taught. Each kid had their own talents but scored about the same as I did on the SAT. On the ACT, the surpassed me in language arts and science because they had a superior education to mine. I did not teach them math, so their scores were good, but nowhere near my almost perfect score.

Prove our top students are not on par with the rest of the world, and I'll kiss your ass in front of everyone here!
Sadly reading comprehension is not your strong point. You are not even close to what I've been saying. This is a matter of quantity of the quality. The US is producing fewer top tier students while numerous foreign countries are now producing more. This has been happening over the last few decades. Clearly you are can't even follow the conversation you fucking idiot, or you are truly a disingenuous moron hoping to confuse the issue in an attempt to mitigate the failure of the education system.

Teachers do teach to the test
Of course I Know and Understand what the Standards are.
Should I avoid those Standards, or teach those Standards?

Of course I'm going to teach those Standards.
If you want to call that "Teaching to the Test", then so be it JoeB131
Disclaimer: JoeB131 has spent ZERO time in education.
You know even less than he does.
I'm a 37 year vet on teaching.
Yet you attack me constantly.
I'm not really sure where you stand.
You want to clarify? (Between you and Me)
"U.S. students’ academic achievement still lags that of their peers in many other countries"
Because we test and evaluate ALL student, including the special needs students.
Whereas, CHINA sends their Special Needs Students to exile, to work in the fields.

Sadly reading comprehension is not your strong point. You are not even close to what I've been saying. This is a matter of quantity of the quality. The US is producing fewer top tier students while numerous foreign countries are now producing more. This has been happening over the last few decades. Clearly you are can't even follow the conversation you fucking idiot, or you are truly a disingenuous moron hoping to confuse the issue in an attempt to mitigate the failure of the education system.
Sadly, tori has attacked me on my issues, even though I'm a 37 year vet of PUBLIC EDUCATION.

Why tori attacks me??????? Well, because he thinks he is Superior, FU Tori.

But......He is correct in his assessment that Rogue AI has NO Clue (ZERO) on public education. FUCK Rogue AI

Sadly, tori has attacked me on my issues, even though I'm a 37 year vet of PUBLIC EDUCATION.

Why tori attacks me??????? Well, because he thinks he is Superior, FU Tori.

But......He is correct in his assessment that Rogue AI has NO Clue (ZERO) on public education. FUCK Rogue AI
Fuck you too. You are part of the problem.

Basically, that is true. Especially considering mathematics. If we take PISA ratings as an example, the ranking of the US students in this field is somewhere near the 50th place.

Basically, that is true. Especially considering mathematics. If we take PISA ratings as an example, the ranking of the US students in this field is somewhere near the 50th place.
Which US students vs which students from this or that other country?

The New Woke Order is fixing the "problems" with standardized testing. They are diminishing or removing a high standardized test score as an entrance requirement to college. And that includes the GRE for grad school. I pity college professors.

I don't. Frankly, what I've found in my college years is that most of them were kind of clueless.

I remember one professor of PolSci who attributed the phrase "Bread and Circuses" to Hitler, when in fact it came from the Romans.

Now, here's the thing about all you guys who whine about test scores...which means you are really whining the black kid with the lower score got your slot in college.

Except we've never allocated slots in college based on test scores alone. We've had things like Legacies, Athletic Scholarships, Donation admissions, etc.

The problem isn't college admissions, it's the fact that we don't have enough colleges, and we've made it too expensive.

Yes, but the most strong part about the tests is they exclude subjectivity of the examiner.

What's wrong with subjectivity?

Frankly, I would rather give a scholarship/admission to a kid who got 1400 on his SAT, but works two jobs and joined the National Guard to pay for college than the kid who got 1500 and is kind of a slacker who had everything handed to him in his life.

Of course I Know and Understand what the Standards are.
Should I avoid those Standards, or teach those Standards?

Of course I'm going to teach those Standards.
If you want to call that "Teaching to the Test", then so be it @JoeB131
Disclaimer: @JoeB131 has spent ZERO time in education.
Actually, my mother was a teacher for 15 years... and my niece is a teacher.

And, no, teaching to the test is what gets you generations of dummies without critical thinking skills.

Look, buddy, I'm usually kind of sympathetic to public education, but I am also glad I was never subjected to it. (I went to Catholic Schools for 12 years, and when I went to college, actually found the coursework LESS challenging in my freshman year.)

We are seeing a revolt against education right now because Covid actually gave parents a window into what goes on in their kids' classrooms, and they didn't like what they saw.

Which US students vs which students from this or that other country?
I already mentioned PISA ratings. If you want to ask what percent of the US students take part in this program and how objective the results are, then I should say that I don't know.

What's wrong with subjectivity?

Frankly, I would rather give a scholarship/admission to a kid who got 1400 on his SAT, but works two jobs and joined the National Guard to pay for college than the kid who got 1500 and is kind of a slacker who had everything handed to him in his life.
Because that isn't fair. If you want to assess someone's knowledge, then asses this knowledge. Giving preferences to some categories of students is a different thing.

I already mentioned PISA ratings. If you want to ask what percent of the US students take part in this program and how objective the results are, then I should say that I don't know.
The top scores of the top students in other countries vs an average of ALL students in the US.

Let's see your sources. You appear to have diarrhea of the mouth, and having shit for brains, that could be deadly for you!

Come on, let's see your bona fides.

I agree, it is. It's making up for 400 years of white preference and supremacy.
It is not only about that. I can't believe you didn't even once experience this subjectivity on your own.

Forum List

Back