Test Prep

You know even less than he does.

Guy, given the state of education in this country, you should be embarrassed.

We spend the most money on it and we get some of the worst results.

The reason why you have so many upset parents is that "learning at home" has shown parents some of the shit their kids are dealing with.

"U.S. students’ academic achievement still lags that of their peers in many other countries"
Same for affordable healthcare, child care, life expectancy, ..
Because we cater to wealth instead of our own people. The wealthy want loyal workers who are just smart enough to perform simple tasks while remaining miserably insecure. We get what we fight together for and no more.

Standardized tests are quantifiable. Teaching to the test is simply bad method to an otherwise correct system. Allowing education to be subjective with no quantifiable comparison is unacceptable. That is how bad apples get passed on because nobody wants to deal with them.
Teaching to the test? You obviously don't understand the concept like about 99% of education expert wannabees!

Teachers teach standards. The tests are designed for assessing those standards. Therefore, that is is teaching to the test.

In the past, teachers were expected to teach everything NOT included on the test. If you teach Algebra alone, and the test is mostly on Geometry, what did you accomplish?

Like it or not, it is NECESSARY to determine whether the taught material has been learned. There is no other way than some sort of TEST, and given the millions of subjects (students) who must be evaluated, there is no alternative to STANDARDIZED TESTS.

Teachers complain about basically everything, but their complaints about standardized tests are that they take too much time, they are used inappropriately, some teachers "teach to the tests," and they often disagree with the conclusions of the tests - which students have learned the materials best.

The same things are used as complaints about performance reviews in the Real World. Those complaints do not compel a conclusion that standardized tests be eliminated, but merely that they be modified to be better. I have never heard even a hint that the AFT or the NEA has volunteered their collective mountains of experience and knowledge to improve, for example, the SAT or the ACT. They would rather complain and fight against any proposal that teachers be evaluated on how much their students have learned.

Yet another illustration of why teachers aren't professionals, and their unions are nothing more than labor unions with nicer clothes.
You STILL do not understand the concept of what a labor union is supposed to do. Is it recommended that the Teamsters unions use their experience to increase the gas mileage of their tractor-trailers? Do the United Auto Workers have input into the CAFE standards for cars? Does the UMW determine what type of clean coal is used in power plants?

The AFT and NEA are labor unions. Until critical race theory, they were never involved in much of anything regarding curriculum. Many local school districts have avoided union involvement in curriculum decisions, because they never had input before.

Teaching to the test? You obviously don't understand the concept like about 99% of education expert wannabees!

Teachers teach standards. The tests are designed for assessing those standards. Therefore, that is is teaching to the test.

In the past, teachers were expected to teach everything NOT included on the test. If you teach Algebra alone, and the test is mostly on Geometry, what did you accomplish?
Sadly the so-called experts aren't getting the job done. Good schools were virtually uneffected by standardized testing. They were already teaching to standard. It's only in terrible schools with terrible teachers and administrators that we see such problems.

On the other hand, our system is still failing to be competitive globally. Our quantifiable education metrics continue to fall. Sorry excuses and whining about criticism isn't getting results. Perhaps the so-called experts need to step back and reasses, or at least drop their sad pretensions about having a grasp on the situation.

Sadly the so-called experts aren't getting the job done. Good schools were virtually uneffected by standardized testing. They were already teaching to standard. It's only in terrible schools with terrible teachers and administrators that we see such problems.

On the other hand, our system is still failing to be competitive globally. Our quantifiable education metrics continue to fall. Sorry excuses and whining about criticism isn't getting results. Perhaps the so-called experts need to step back and reasses, or at least drop their sad pretensions about having a grasp on the situation.
Unfortunately, that is just your opinion. The top students in this country are comparable to the best that the world has to offer. You just don't understand statistics.

Unfortunately, that is just your opinion. The top students in this country are comparable to the best that the world has to offer. You just don't understand statistics.
Wow, are you really so clueless? Due to the utter ineptitude of our education system we have fallen from the top tiers and now produce fewer students of quality than in the past. Ignoring and defending failure will only result in more failure. Or don't they teach you folks that?

Wow, are you really so clueless? Due to the utter ineptitude of our education system we have fallen from the top tiers and now produce fewer students of quality than in the past. Ignoring and defending failure will only result in more failure. Or don't they teach you folks that?
What you claim is not true. I have facts. What do you have?

What aspect of statistics are you claiming I don't understand? Be specific, since it's your claim.
My God, you are stupid! I would have to have you provide your stats in order to do that! I am not a fucking mind reader, dumbass!

Your statements show you do not understand the results of international educational comparisons. Choose your stats that support your contention and state how they support your contention
I took an entire course on educational statistics in graduate school. How about you?

The New Woke Order is fixing the "problems" with standardized testing. They are diminishing or removing a high standardized test score as an entrance requirement to college. And that includes the GRE for grad school. I pity college professors.

My God, you are stupid! I would have to have you provide your stats in order to do that! I am not a fucking mind reader, dumbass!

Your statements show you do not understand the results of international educational comparisons. Choose your stats that support your contention and state how they support your contention
I took an entire course on educational statistics in graduate school. How about you?

Yet, being the moron you are, you claim I lack understanding without any clue as to what data is even being discussed. Did they teach you that in graduate school too?

As far as I can tell, you are the only person claiming the US is not lagging behind when it comes to quantifiable data. Although now I understand why 'educators' truly dislike standardized testing. The actual results cannot cover the undeniable decline as a result of their failures. This isn't rocket science, go ahead and choose some quantifiable data on international education and I'll walk you through it.

Um.... yeah, the problem is, studying to the test has created generations of dummies... that's the problem.
Yes, but the most strong part about the tests is they exclude subjectivity of the examiner.

Forum List

Back