Texans.....Do you really welcome open carry?

I can see you not wanting to register or have a permit for a handgun.
But do you really think people should run around with a handgun without any training?

Not training on how to load it, aim and pull the trigger but safety training on how to safely store your handgun so children cannot get it, how to handle conflicts while you are carrying a gun, what the law is on self defense and castle doctrine, when it is proper to fire?

Now I know all you gun owners out there know all the rules. But do you trust others running around with a handgun and no training?

An armed society is a polite society.....
Yet Texans are among the most miserable people in the nation already.
And with all the crazies migrating to Texas...

But do you really think people should run around with a handgun without any training?

Not training on how to load it, aim and pull the trigger but safety training on how to safely store your handgun so children cannot get it, how to handle conflicts while you are carrying a gun, what the law is on self defense and castle doctrine, when it is proper to fire?

Now I know all you gun owners out there know all the rules. But do you trust others running around with a handgun and no training?

Moron...they have had concealed carry for years now......what would the difference be between carrying a gun open and carrying it under a shirt....you dumb ass....

Patriots are moving to Texas....I know patriotic people seem crazy to you....

Oh, you idiot...you mean Constitutional Carry......

That is where you don't need to have a permit or license...since, you know, it is a Right codified in the Bill of Rights........

What your title means is carrying a gun openly, not under a shirt or other concealment...

I don't trust a lot of people to drive safely, breed and raise children responsibly, or vote...... but I don't get to tell them they can't and I wouldn't ever try to.

Because liberty is an actual value of mine.

They are getting all the rejects from other states. TFB.

The government is not going to protect citizens now------its wild west rules. Not only should one open carry but they should practice quick shooting........and sniping.

I often make the point that just about every deer hunter is at least a novice sniper.

They know camouflage, stealth, tracking and have the patience to wait for something to line up in the crosshairs.
They also have a firearm that is more than capable of putting a human in the dirt with one round.

Not forgetting that they practice every Fall.

Should be fun. Add to that getting rid of all federal safety laws from OSHA and EPA and let them frack everywhere. Fun times in Texas.

Hey, dumb shit.......as more Americans own and carry guns our gun crime and murder rates went down as did our accidental gun death rate...

you guys make up things out of your ass, and expect us to take you seriously.......everytime a state does this and there are over 22 now, you always cry baby about how dangerous this is....and then nothing happens....and you go all quiet....you idiot...

Ask the residents of these states how much of a problem it is

Alaska
Arizona
Arkansas
Idaho
Kansas
Kentucky
Maine
Mississippi
Missouri
Montana
New Hampshire
North Dakota
Oklahoma,
South Dakota
Utah
Vermont
West Virginia
Wyoming

Yep.......and every one of those states had doofuses like the Original poster and the other anti-gun extremists like candycorn, bodecea and the other anti-gun useful idiots screech ......but people are going to shoot each other over fender benders and burnt dinners.....

And then.....nothing happens......and they go quiet...until the next state passes Constitutional carry....and they repeat the tired old lies...

Ask the residents of these states how much of a problem it is

Alaska
Arizona
Arkansas
Idaho
Kansas
Kentucky
Maine
Mississippi
Missouri
Montana
New Hampshire
North Dakota
Oklahoma,
South Dakota
Utah
Vermont
West Virginia
Wyoming

You forgot Louisiana ... Probably because they never passed a law to make open carry legal.
It wasn't necessary because they never passed a law that made it illegal to start with.

We did however pass a State Constitutional Amendment that reinforces our Federally protected rights,
absent any language that can be misinterpreted.

When it passed the State Legislature, and then was ratified by the People,
it did so with more than a 70% margin making it a well-supported mandate.

It isn't open carry, the anti-gun buffoon who started the thread doesn't know the difference between Open Carry and Constitutional Carry.....

Bullshit I just saw a survey and Texans are happy and Texas is now becoming the retirement capitol of the nation...so you are wrong again....not surprising....

I can see the ads now:

"Texas! Come here and die!"

Are you this stupid in real life or just when you post...

All the other states that have done this haven't had any problems...but shit heads like you don't care...you just lie and lie...

BTW, it's not "open carry" that was passed. It's what is commonly called "constitutional carry" which means if you're legal to own it, you're legal to carry it, concealed or open.

It never fails for the people who have a negative opinion on the subject of firearms, to be utterly ignorant of what is actually happening.

They are getting all the rejects from other states. TFB.
Really??? I guess you haven't driven through a blue city in a while....

The irony here is that in most of the Old West, you could not walk around towns with a gun. And Texas Republicans were in the forefront of gun control laws after the Civil War.

That is a lie.....you don't know what you are talking about.........you watch too many Hollywood westerns that are made by anti-gun buffoons who don't know anything either....

Most of the gun control laws in the Old West, if they existed at all, had nothing to do with confiscation or restrictions on gun type.

They had more to do with gun use by restricting and prohibiting firing pistols in city streets.

And, while few opponents of gun control today would object to limitations on discharging firearms in a busy intersection, gun control laws of this extent were largely unheard of in most American cities. In fact, they were even unusual in the Old West, and using the gun control ordinance from Tombstone as an example, they were proven ineffective.
-----

There were other frontier towns with gun control restrictions similar to Tombstone. Most made it unlawful to carry in the hand or upon the person any deadly weapon within the limits of said city, without first obtaining a permit in writing.

But, in those towns, as in Tombstone, in the closest equivalents to a “gun-free zone” in the 19th century, such gun control measures did little to stem gun violence, and likely provoked the infamous kerfuffle at the O.K. Corral.
----

Lots of guns, not a lot of crime

Mass violence, like what took place at the O.K. Corral, was actually infrequent. Moreover, the Old West reputation for lawlessness is unwarranted, despite, at times, an elevated number of homicides.

Crime such as rape and robberies occurred at a much lower rate than in modern America — certainly lower than in the 1970s and 1980s, when the nation was wracked by a surge in criminality. It is also worth noting that crime and gun violence has fallen steeply since the 1990s, even as gun ownership has increased dramatically.

It isn't open carry, the anti-gun buffoon who started the thread doesn't know the difference between Open Carry and Constitutional Carry.....

Constitutional Carry is simply what the Texas State Legislature chose to refer to their repeal of an 1871 ban against the Open Carry of handguns.
If you need to split hairs in order to make a point, well, you are kind of missing the point.

Last edited:

Moron...they have had concealed carry for years now......what would the difference be between carrying a gun open and carrying it under a shirt....you dumb ass....

Texans can carry handguns without a license or training starting Sept. 1, after Gov. Greg Abbott signs permitless carry bill into law​

Forum List

Back