Texans.....Do you really welcome open carry?

But do you really think people should run around with a handgun without any training?

Have you noticed the idiots operating motor vehicles? You can't regulate stupid.
Today, I was stopped at a major intersection and the pickup next to me proceeded to make a left turn on a red light. The cross traffic has a 55mph speed limit. Imagine his surprise if he cause one in the driver's side door. All they would need after the accident would be a mop.

Add to that their solo power grid is yet again ready to fail if Texans don't conserve their energy during this heat wave. And the temps are in the mid-90s and they are having grid problems again. Five years ago I was flying to Houston several times a year and the temps would be 102-103 and there was no mention of the grid failing or citizens being asked to conserve energy. Texas is quickly becoming the STUPID STATE.
Is that why everyone is moving there? Because it's stupid? Is that why they are leaving California, where your people are in charge, and flocking to Texas, Tennessee, and Florida because they want a daily dose of stupid or because they're escaping the stranglehold of insufferable twats like you?

I can see you not wanting to register or have a permit for a handgun.
But do you really think people should run around with a handgun without any training?

Not training on how to load it, aim and pull the trigger but safety training on how to safely store your handgun so children cannot get it, how to handle conflicts while you are carrying a gun, what the law is on self defense and castle doctrine, when it is proper to fire?

Now I know all you gun owners out there know all the rules. But do you trust others running around with a handgun and no training?
Ask the residents of these states how much of a problem it is

Alaska
Arizona
Arkansas
Idaho
Kansas
Kentucky
Maine
Mississippi
Missouri
Montana
New Hampshire
North Dakota
Oklahoma,
South Dakota
Utah
Vermont
West Virginia
Wyoming
You don’t didn‘t answer my question

As a responsible gun owner do you welcome untrained citizens running around with handguns?
I did answer your question; it's simply not the answer you wanted. Personally, I see nothing wrong with requiring a permit indicating you passed appropriate training on how to use your firearm providing the state statute is "shall issue" and not "may issue". Regardless, all of those states already have what is called Constitutional Carry and the wild west scenarios people like you always predict never come true. There is no reason to believe Texas will be any worse than those states.

Add to that their solo power grid is yet again ready to fail if Texans don't conserve their energy during this heat wave. And the temps are in the mid-90s and they are having grid problems again. Five years ago I was flying to Houston several times a year and the temps would be 102-103 and there was no mention of the grid failing or citizens being asked to conserve energy. Texas is quickly becoming the STUPID STATE.
Is that why everyone is moving there? Because it's stupid? Is that why they are leaving California, where your people are in charge, and flocking to Texas, Tennessee, and Florida because they want a daily dose of stupid or because they're escaping the stranglehold of insufferable twats like you?
Correction: He knows nothing about twats. He likes his boyfriends. Who else would choose a user name like Blaine Sweeter if he wasn't light in the loafers?

Have you noticed the idiots operating motor vehicles? You can't regulate stupid.
I have also noticed 32,000 gun deaths a year.

At least drivers must pass a written and driving test

Ignoring suicide deaths again to inflate your numbers.

You lie worse than Trump.
dead is dead

Should be fun. Add to that getting rid of all federal safety laws from OSHA and EPA and let them frack everywhere. Fun times in Texas.

If you don't like what they are doing you don't have to live there. That's the beauty of having 50 separate state governments. It gives you a lot of choices.

Not training on how to load it, aim and pull the trigger but safety training on how to safely store your handgun so children cannot get it, how to handle conflicts while you are carrying a gun, what the law is on self defense and castle doctrine, when it is proper to fire?

Now I know all you gun owners out there know all the rules. But do you trust others running around with a handgun and no training?

Gee, here in Nevada we have had Open Carry for......geez....150 years or so.

No problem at all!
Texas has an unjustified reputation for being a top gun-rights state. People forget that we had a bad run of Democrats in power for 60-70 years until the late 70s. We have been slowly clawing back that horseshit gun-grabbing for decades.

Next.....

MACHINE GUNS!!!

Alaska
Arizona
Arkansas
Idaho
Kansas
Kentucky
Maine
Mississippi
Missouri
Montana
New Hampshire
North Dakota
Oklahoma,
South Dakota
Utah
Vermont
West Virginia
Wyoming

As a responsible gun owner do you welcome untrained citizens running around with handguns?
I did answer your question; it's simply not the answer you wanted. Personally, I see nothing wrong with requiring a permit indicating you passed appropriate training on how to use your firearm providing the state statute is "shall issue" and not "may issue". Regardless, all of those states already have what is called Constitutional Carry and the wild west scenarios people like you always predict never come true. There is no reason to believe Texas will be any worse than those states.
I've been thru all of those classes.....and they don't even scratch the surface on what you need to be safe and effective with a firearm. So your solution isn't really a solution.

Alaska
Arizona
Arkansas
Idaho
Kansas
Kentucky
Maine
Mississippi
Missouri
Montana
New Hampshire
North Dakota
Oklahoma,
South Dakota
Utah
Vermont
West Virginia
Wyoming

Requiring formal training is an infringement. I taught my wife and children all they need to know. Two of my kids were Army, so they will shoot a hair off your ear at a 100 yards.

Although our Dimocrat controlled state legislature is about to make it much more difficult to get a gun in Oregon, currently we can...........................

Open Carry Permitted?Yes!
Carry In Vehicle?Yes!
Carry In State Park?Yes!
Carry In Restaurants?Yes!
Constitutional Carry?No
No Weapon Sign Enforced?No
Must Notify Officer?No

Ignoring suicide deaths again to inflate your numbers.

You lie worse than Trump.
dead is dead
Suicide is not violence.

Alaska
Arizona
Arkansas
Idaho
Kansas
Kentucky
Maine
Mississippi
Missouri
Montana
New Hampshire
North Dakota
Oklahoma,
South Dakota
Utah
Vermont
West Virginia
Wyoming

I once worked with a guy who had a concealed carry permit. He explained what he had to go through to get it and how through the training was.
Not just in using a gun but when to use it and when to walk away. He was taught about conflict resolution without pulling a gun, all the laws about when you can legally shoot and when you can’t. How to properly secure a weapon around children.
Made me more understanding of what a responsible gun owner is.

Do you think people walking around with a handgun should be trained or not?

I think people should get as much training as they have money and time for....

It should not be mandatory. Mandatory training requirements are exploited by anti-gun extremists in Europe to keep normal Europeans from owning the few hunting shotguns they can legally own....

No mandatory training.....ever.j

Also, mandatory training would imply a fee.....Poll Taxes were fees on the Right to vote that democrats used to keep black Americans from voting......any fee on a Right is an attempt to limit access to that Right.

2/3 of those are suicides.......training has nothing to do with suicide....

23, 941 gun suicides in 2019.......training to carry a gun has nothing to do to stop suicides with guns or suicides in general.......

New Topics

Forum List

Back