Texans.....Do you really welcome open carry?

More guns in the hands of the untrained or unbalanced equals more dead people

No...actually, it doesn't....27 years of American gun ownership proves this...

Accidental gun deaths..

https://www.cdc.gov/injury/wisqars/leading_causes_death.html

2016 495
2015...489http://webappa.cdc.gov/cgi-bin/broker.exe

2013 ..... 505
2012 ..... 548
2011 ..... 591
2010 ..... 606
2009 ..... 554
2008 ..... 592
2007..... 613
2006..... 642
2005 ..... 789
2004 ..... 649
2003 ..... 730
2002 ..... 762
2001 ..... 802
2000 ..... 776
1999 ..... 824

Also.....

Over the last 27 years, we went from 200 million guns in private hands in the 1990s and 4.7 million people carrying guns for self defense in 1997...to close to 400-600 million guns in private hands and over 19.4 million people carrying guns for self defense in 2019...guess what happened...

New Concealed Carry Report For 2020: 19.48 Million Permit Holders, 820,000 More Than Last Year despite many states shutting down issuing permits because of the Coronavirus - Crime Prevention Research Center

-- gun murder down 49%

--gun crime down 75%

--violent crime down 72%

Gun Homicide Rate Down 49% Since 1993 Peak; Public Unaware

Compared with 1993, the peak of U.S. gun homicides, the firearm homicide rate was 49% lower in 2010, and there were fewer deaths, even though the nation’s population grew. The victimization rate for other violent crimes with a firearm—assaults, robberies and sex crimes—was 75% lower in 2011 than in 1993. Violent non-fatal crime victimization overall (with or without a firearm) also is down markedly (72%) over two decades.

But do you really think people should run around with a handgun without any training?

Have you noticed the idiots operating motor vehicles? You can't regulate stupid.
I have also noticed 32,000 gun deaths a year.

At least drivers must pass a written and driving test
How many of those occurred because of user error?

If you want MANDATORY gun safety courses in all government schools, I have no problem with that.

But, you don't....because you're the quintessential proletariat out to overthrow the bourgeoisie (people who are smarter than you) by any means necessary, and to do that, you must disarm the public. Mandatory gun safety courses in government schools would disrupt the decades-long effort to brainwash children into having an unreasonable fear of guns. With proper safety training, these kids will start to like guns and want to have them. They will even grow up asking why the government gets belt-fed machine guns and we don't.

Careful what you wish for.

I can see you not wanting to register or have a permit for a handgun.
But do you really think people should run around with a handgun without any training?

Not training on how to load it, aim and pull the trigger but safety training on how to safely store your handgun so children cannot get it, how to handle conflicts while you are carrying a gun, what the law is on self defense and castle doctrine, when it is proper to fire?

Now I know all you gun owners out there know all the rules. But do you trust others running around with a handgun and no training?
Ask the residents of these states how much of a problem it is

Alaska
Arizona
Arkansas
Idaho
Kansas
Kentucky
Maine
Mississippi
Missouri
Montana
New Hampshire
North Dakota
Oklahoma,
South Dakota
Utah
Vermont
West Virginia
Wyoming
You don’t didn‘t answer my question

As a responsible gun owner do you welcome untrained citizens running around with handguns?
I did answer your question; it's simply not the answer you wanted. Personally, I see nothing wrong with requiring a permit indicating you passed appropriate training on how to use your firearm providing the state statute is "shall issue" and not "may issue". Regardless, all of those states already have what is called Constitutional Carry and the wild west scenarios people like you always predict never come true. There is no reason to believe Texas will be any worse than those states.
I've been thru all of those classes.....and they don't even scratch the surface on what you need to be safe and effective with a firearm. So your solution isn't really a solution.

But it is a first step in ramping up the fees, and requirements for training, to the point normal people can't get the permits...

I have a friend who works 50-60 hours a week and then with family, he doesn't have the time to spend 16 hours needed here in Illinois to get a concealed carry permit.........

Have you noticed the idiots operating motor vehicles? You can't regulate stupid.

2/3 of those are suicides.......training has nothing to do with suicide....

23, 941 gun suicides in 2019.......training to carry a gun has nothing to do to stop suicides with guns or suicides in general.......
Alcohol deaths are 95,000 per year yet rightwinger failed to mention that. Why not mandatory alcohol training, background checks and government permits?

Not training on how to load it, aim and pull the trigger but safety training on how to safely store your handgun so children cannot get it, how to handle conflicts while you are carrying a gun, what the law is on self defense and castle doctrine, when it is proper to fire?

Now I know all you gun owners out there know all the rules. But do you trust others running around with a handgun and no training?

Mean while in Chicago .......

And there were 38,000 auto deaths. :itsok:

But we have done things to dramatically reduce auto deaths....
Driver training, safer cars, safer roads, drunk driving laws

Guns? Still waiting

Guns? Still waiting
There are hundreds of gun laws...

Guns? Still waiting
"things" you say, well not background checks, government permits or mandatory alcohol training and nearly 3x as many people are dying. Oh that's gonna leave a mark. So much for your feeble gun control strawman, we all know you really don't care about the deaths.

Guns? Still waiting
Why do you pretend to care?
You're not fooling anyone.

You just want something, anything, that can be used as a way to limit people's exercise of their rights, that's what you're really about..... everything else is just obfuscation.

Guns? Still waiting

You just want something, anything, that can be used as a way to limit people's exercise of their rights, that's what you're really about..... everything else is just obfuscation.

Do you think handgun owners should have training?

Guns? Still waiting
Registration? no
Training? no
Licensing? no
Insurance ? no

You have a ways to go to keep up with autos

Guns? Still waiting

Do you think handgun owners should have training?
Alcohol training first, it's killing 3x the people.

Guns? Still waiting
Registration? no
Training? no
Licensing? no
Insurance ? no

None of that is required unless you want to drive on public roads. :itsok:

Guns? Still waiting

guns are one of the most regulated products on the planet......

And accidental gun deaths have gone down as more Americans own and carry guns...so obviously, owning a gun doesn't mean there are more accidental gun deaths.....gun murder...down 49%.....gun crime...down 75%....

You don't have to wait anymore........nothing that makes you afraid of guns is based in truth, facts or reality.

Guns? Still waiting
Registration? no
Training? no
Licensing? no
Insurance ? no

It is unConstitutional to charge a fee or tax to exercise a Constitutionally protected Right...see Murdock v Pennsylvania...

An armed society is a polite society.....
Except in those nasty blue cities, amirite? Any other meaningless slogans you wanna dispense?

I don't own a gun, however if you were my neighbor, I'd definitely reconsider. :)

Forum List

Back