Texas 4-year-old dead after shooting himself with father’s gun

It is the price we pay for our second amendment rights

We pay a price for all rights. Police work would be a hell of alot easier without a 4th amendment. Prosecutor work would be alot easier with just bench trials, double jeoparday, or restrictions on self incrimination.

People feewwings wouldnt be hurt as much without the 1st amendment.

We have 300 million guns in circulation. Our country has made a decision that we value our guns and are willing to put up with increased murders, suicides, massacres and occaisional child deaths in order to keep them

We pay a price for all rights. Police work would be a hell of alot easier without a 4th amendment. Prosecutor work would be alot easier with just bench trials, double jeoparday, or restrictions on self incrimination.

We have 300 million guns in circulation. Our country has made a decision that we value our guns and are willing to put up with increased murders, suicides, massacres and occaisional child deaths in order to keep them

People make the same risk calculation when driving, walking down the street, or drinking a beer. The actual chance of dying from an accidental firearm discharge or a maniac going on a rampage is miniscule.

Guns are just a symbol for rights, the right of a person to decide how best to defend themselves, not the right of the government to say how much you are allowed to defend yourself.

Furthermore, as a single childless person, why should some idiot leaving a gun out for his own kid to get access to affect my ability to own one?

Texas 4-year-old dead after shooting himself with father?s gun | The Raw Story

“This is not a case of a responsible homeowner having a weapon for protection,”

“He kept saying, ‘I messed up. I messed up,’” Harris explained. “He’s in mourning. He’s in pain and feels a lot of self guilt… Despite the choices he made and the lifestyle he was leading, it doesn’t take away the love a father has for a son.”

These horror stories don't seem to result in the nutters looking at their own choices and making responsible choices.

The father should be charged. He knew what he was doing, he knew the possible consequences of his choice and he did it anyway. He should be held responsible.

Really, I think if the gun nuts were always held responsible for their insane choices, we just might be looking at a different situation.

What you don't understand is that not everyone has a 4 year old running around the house.

I don't have kids so there is no way a kid will shoot himself with my guns.

Maybe we should make people get a permit to procreate.

Texas 4-year-old dead after shooting himself with father?s gun | The Raw Story

“This is not a case of a responsible homeowner having a weapon for protection,”

“He kept saying, ‘I messed up. I messed up,’” Harris explained. “He’s in mourning. He’s in pain and feels a lot of self guilt… Despite the choices he made and the lifestyle he was leading, it doesn’t take away the love a father has for a son.”

These horror stories don't seem to result in the nutters looking at their own choices and making responsible choices.

The father should be charged. He knew what he was doing, he knew the possible consequences of his choice and he did it anyway. He should be held responsible.

Really, I think if the gun nuts were always held responsible for their insane choices, we just might be looking at a different situation.

Thank you Linda for that tragic story. Now, in other news.......

Guns and Self Defense | Cato Institute

People make the same risk calculation when driving, walking down the street, or drinking a beer. The actual chance of dying from an accidental firearm discharge or a maniac going on a rampage is miniscule.

Guns are just a symbol for rights, the right of a person to decide how best to defend themselves, not the right of the government to say how much you are allowed to defend yourself.

Furthermore, as a single childless person, why should some idiot leaving a gun out for his own kid to get access to affect my ability to own one?

Guns are an integral part of our society. They are not going to go away

We have to put up with occaisional massacres, murders, suicides and child killings to preserve our right to own weapons

We have to put up with occaisional massacres, murders, suicides and child killings to preserve our right to own weapons

Just like we have to put up with automobile deaths if we want to continue to use cars, or deaths from obesity if we don't want to force people to become health-nuts, or repeat criminal offenders due to all the restrictions on the legal system made by the Bill of Rights.

Guns are an integral part of our right to self defense. They are not going away.

To paraphrase a prominent democrat, "never let a tragedy go to waste if you can make a stupid political point out of it."

The father also had illegal drugs and stolen firearms in the house.

Obviously, he hasn't been a responsible father.

I'm not giving up my firearm because some people use it criminally or negligently.

It is those criminals who should be held responsible for their own actions.

I refuse to be responsible for their actions.

Yep. This one death is certainly no big thing when held up to our right to own guns.

Think the radical left has any empathy for the family of the child? Not likely. The left wing tax exempt propaganda networks love this stuff. They post it so they can play some perverted game of political gotcha.

During the Iraq War all the media covered was dead soldiers. I said more people died in the US from guns or whatever than in Iraq. I was scoffed at.

Now that they want to take the guns they focus on every single accident. They also ignore the steady flow of coffins still coming from Afghanistan.

It's all about what the media wants to cover. It is a distortion of reality to fit their agenda, nothing more.

Suffering from repetitive post syndrome again?

Your point was made - or whatever you think your 'point' was.... repeating it makes you look stupid.

Oh wait.

Yea, my bad.

Your point was made - or whatever you think your 'point' was.... repeating it makes you look stupid.

Oh wait.

Yea, my bad.

It is sad but true

We are a gun culture and it is not going to change. For the added security we think we get by having unrestricted access to firearms we put up with a higher murder rate, suicide rate, domestic violence killings and an occaisional child who gets a gun and kills themselves or a friend

All we can do is sigh and say ....Too bad, nothing we can do about it

Oh wait.

Yea, my bad.

It is sad but true

We are a gun culture and it is not going to change. For the added security we think we get by having unrestricted access to firearms we put up with a higher murder rate, suicide rate, domestic violence killings and an occaisional child who gets a gun and kills themselves or a friend

The bolded is a lie, and you know it.

Oh wait.

Yea, my bad.

It is sad but true

Hey Spicoli, learn it. Know it. Live it.

Guns and Self Defense | Cato Institute

Oh wait.

Yea, my bad.

It is sad but true

There's plenty of restrictions but they can't fix stupid.

Forum List

Back