Texas 4-year-old dead after shooting himself with father’s gun

Think the radical left has any empathy for the family of the child? Not likely. The left wing tax exempt propaganda networks love this stuff. They post it so they can play some perverted game of political gotcha.

It seems to me it is the pro-gun people who have no sympathy for the family or the child. The fact a child is dead they call statistifcally 'nothing' and even make jokes about it. Pretty sad.

Anti-gun people are not using this type of event to promote a political point: they want this kind of thing to stop. And it is easily stopped by taking guns out of the homes of ordinary citizens, many of whom do not have the brains to keep those guns out of the hands of the mentally ill and little children.

Think the radical left has any empathy for the family of the child? Not likely. The left wing tax exempt propaganda networks love this stuff. They post it so they can play some perverted game of political gotcha.

It seems to me it is the pro-gun people who have no sympathy for the family or the child. The fact a child is dead they call statistifcally 'nothing' and even make jokes about it. Pretty sad.

Anti-gun people are not using this type of event to promote a political point: they want this kind of thing to stop. And it is easily stopped by taking guns out of the homes of ordinary citizens, many of whom do not have the brains to keep those guns out of the hands of the mentally ill and little children.

It's always tragic when a child dies in an accident.

But There is no need to curb everyone's behavior because of it.

That's the point you control freaks don't understand.

As I have said before, if you can legislate gun control that targets the irresponsible and leaves us responsible gun owner alone I will support it.

I have a nearly 40 year history of owning weapons and have never once accidentally discharged my weapon or put anyone in danger with a weapon. There is no reason for anyone to tell me I can't buy any weapon or magazine I want because there is absolutely no reason to think I am a danger to anyone.

If you want to call for a mandatory life sentence without parole for all gun crime, I'll be the first to sign the petition.

But we do it with pretty much everything else that is dangerous.

Not everyone drinks and drives, but we make drinking and driving illegal.
Not everyone texts and uses their cell phone while driving, but we make it illegal.
Not everyone is going to get in a car accident, but we make not wearing a seatbelt illegal.
Not everyone is going to take heroin or other types of addictive drugs, but we make them illegal.
Not everyone is going to carry a bomb or weapon onto an airliner, but everyone has to be searched before boarding.

The list is nearly endless of the things that are harmful to either the individual or society being made illegal because a minority of people will do them. thus putting themselves or others at risk.

Except for keeping deadly weapons in the homes of ordinary citizens. It isn't reasonable or logical to exclude the danger of gun ownership when we outlaw so many other risky behaviors.

As I have said before, if you can legislate gun control that targets the irresponsible and leaves us responsible gun owner alone I will support it.

I have a nearly 40 yer history of owning weapons and have never once accidentally discharged my weapon or put anyone in danger with a weapon. There is no reason for anyone to tell me I can't buy any weapon or magazine I want because there is absolutely no reason to think I am a danger to anyone.
Simple ownership/posession of a firearm by the law abiding harms no one and places no one in the condtition of clear, presemt and immediate danger.
As such, there is no constitutionally acceptable argument for restricting said simple ownership/posession.

Last edited:
And they happinly use the blood of innocent children as a means to that end.

Someone has to speak for them.

The NRA and it's members seem quite happy to ignore all these deaths.

Then speak the truth and say the reason the kid is dead is his crappy parents.

Are you in favor of charging any person, who has his/her gun used in the commission of crime, with a felony if it can be proven that person did not adequately secure his weapon?

Someone has to speak for them.

The NRA and it's members seem quite happy to ignore all these deaths.

Then speak the truth and say the reason the kid is dead is his crappy parents.

Are you in favor of charging any person, who has his/her gun used in the commission of crime, with a felony if it can be proven that person did not adequately secure his weapon?

That sounds like a very good idea.

But we do it with pretty much everything else that is dangerous.

Not everyone drinks and drives, but we make drinking and driving illegal.

And people still drink and drive. But you don't ban alcohol or certain types of alcohol
Not everyone texts and uses their cell phone while driving, but we make it illegal.

But you don't disable texting on some phones for some people

Not everyone is going to get in a car accident, but we make not wearing a seatbelt illegal.

And people still don't wear their seatbelts.

Not everyone is going to take heroin or other types of addictive drugs, but we make them illegal.

Well drugs should be legal so let's skip this.

Not everyone is going to carry a bomb or weapon onto an airliner, but everyone has to be searched before boarding.

That's different. keeping a gun in one's home is not the same as blowing up an airplane.
The list is nearly endless of the things that are harmful to either the individual or society being made illegal because a minority of people will do them. thus putting themselves or others at risk.

And yes the ACT is illegal. And shooting someone in most cases is illegal. So we're covered there. You don't want to just have the act of murder be illegal though do you. You want implements that can be used to commit murder made illegal to own.

Except for keeping deadly weapons in the homes of ordinary citizens. It isn't reasonable or logical to exclude the danger of gun ownership when we outlaw so many other risky behaviors.

You have yet to prove how my owning a gun endangers anyone. I have 40 years of gun ownership under my belt and I have never even pointed a weapon at another person. My weapons are locked in a fingerprint keyed safe and only my wife and I know where that safe is.

And merely owning a gun is not risky.

Forum List

Back