Texas and Florida are competitive in an election

As The Rabbi once again cherry picks his data to draw conclusions

Hispanic Voters in the 2014 Election Pew Research Center s Hispanic Trends Project

In congressional races nationally, Democrats won the Latino vote by a margin of 62% to 36%. This is comparable to the last midterm cycle four years ago when six-in-ten (60%) Latinos voted for a Democratic candidate, but down from 2012 when Democrats took 68% of the Latino vote.
Ass talking and your own cherry picking. Your thread was about Texas. I posted stats about Hispanic voters in Texas. That refuted what you wrote so now you have to deflect to Hispanic voters in NY and CA.

I think demographics are only a part of the story. Personally, I see Georgia becoming a toss up state faster than Texas, but that's just MHO. And that depends on a lot of other factors too.

I think demographics are only a part of the story. Personally, I see Georgia becoming a toss up state faster than Texas, but that's just MHO. And that depends on a lot of other factors too.
Personally I think youre full of shit. Georgia didnt elect Michelle Nunn even though she had everything going for her.
I think Illinois will be the next state to go Red, after people see the success that Rauner will have in reining in gov't and the unions.

Massachusetts Maryland Most Democratic States

Texas has a 3.9% Republican advantage, Florida has a 2.9% Democratic advantage

What does it mean?

Both have large Hispanic populations that are increasing at a higher rate than the general population. With Republicans taking only 27% of the Hispanic vote in 2012 and taking a hard line against immigration reform, the chances of Republicans taking Texas or Florida are diminishing to the point where Florida becomes a Blue State and Texas becomes competitive in Presidential elections

If Texas and Florida go blue with New York and California already blue, Republicans will never win another Presidential election

Rinse and repeat. Don't you ever get bored? You always talk about how democrats own the hispanic vote, then you ask Republicans how they are going to pander to Hispanics to get thier votes. Don't worry about it. you are not hispanic - stop trying to speak for them. The republicans will be fine without a useful idiot like you provide them with solutions on how to win elections.

Yeah that's why the liberal darling Wendy Davis who was going to turn the state blue lost the Governors race by 20 points.

Texas today is 38.4% Hispanic and 44% non-hispanic white, a 5.6% difference

Texas QuickFacts from the US Census Bureau

As the Hispanic population increases due to higher birth rates and migration, Texas will move to being a Hispanic majority state.

Current Republican policies against immigration reform and petty legislation on show your papers and english only will ensure those voters will vote Democratic

Stop the lies and bullshit talking points.

republicans are not against immigration, they are against illegal immigration just as are a majority of americans

texas will never give its electoral votes to a democrat, never. you are dreaming.

the GOP house has passed immigration reform bills, Reid would not let one reach the floor of the senate. Now, we will get a senate vote, a conference committee, and a bill to put in front of obozo. Then we will see who is obstructing immigration reform.

I wouldn't be o sure about Texas electoral votes if I were you. There are more Democratic party members here than right wingers want to admit. No, they don't vote as much as they should, mostly because the state is Gerrymandered to make their votes immaterial, but that is changing, and changing much faster than the right will be able to deal with.

Yeah that's why the liberal darling Wendy Davis who was going to turn the state blue lost the Governors race by 20 points.

Wendy didn't win the election, but she didn't have to. She motivated lots of people who had given up on state politics, and they aren't going away.

As the Hispanic population increases due to higher birth rates and migration, Texas will move to being a Hispanic majority state.

Current Republican policies against immigration reform and petty legislation on show your papers and english only will ensure those voters will vote Democratic

republicans are not against immigration, they are against illegal immigration just as are a majority of americans

texas will never give its electoral votes to a democrat, never. you are dreaming.

the GOP house has passed immigration reform bills, Reid would not let one reach the floor of the senate. Now, we will get a senate vote, a conference committee, and a bill to put in front of obozo. Then we will see who is obstructing immigration reform.

I wouldn't be o sure about Texas electoral votes if I were you. There are more Democratic party members here than right wingers want to admit. No, they don't vote as much as they should, mostly because the state is Gerrymandered to make their votes immaterial, but that is changing, and changing much faster than the right will be able to deal with.

Yeah Greg Abbott must have won because of gerrymandering.

What does it mean?

Both have large Hispanic populations that are increasing at a higher rate than the general population. With Republicans taking only 27% of the Hispanic vote in 2012 and taking a hard line against immigration reform, the chances of Republicans taking Texas or Florida are diminishing to the point where Florida becomes a Blue State and Texas becomes competitive in Presidential elections

If Texas and Florida go blue with New York and California already blue, Republicans will never win another Presidential election

Rinse and repeat. Don't you ever get bored? You always talk about how democrats own the hispanic vote, then you ask Republicans how they are going to pander to Hispanics to get thier votes. Don't worry about it. you are not hispanic - stop trying to speak for them. The republicans will be fine without a useful idiot like you provide them with solutions on how to win elections.
I like it
Republicans are just fine the way they are......meanwhile the Demographics are changing and the old, white, male Christians don't have the clout they used to

Wendy didn't win the election, but she didn't have to. She motivated lots of people who had given up on state politics, and they aren't going away.

Umm then how come she didn't come close to winning???

Gerrymandering tends to reduce the oppressed parties turnout in all elections.

What does it mean?

I like it
Republicans are just fine the way they are......meanwhile the Demographics are changing and the old, white, male Christians don't have the clout they used to

The demographics aren't changing - that's just marxist propiganda. Last I checked it's the Democrats that got spanked in the midterms. If there's a party that needs reflection - it's yours.

Wait..so you're making the excuse that Wendy Davis lost because of gerrymandering? ?? I've heard it all!!!

What does it mean?

I like it

The demographics aren't changing - that's just marxist propiganda. Last I checked it's the Democrats that got spanked in the midterms. If there's a party that needs reflection - it's yours.
The numbers are out there

Florida and Texas are within four percent either way
The expected increase in Hispanic populations in both states will make a huge difference

But yea.......demographics don't apply to Republicans

What does it mean?

I like it

By all means, I encourage you to hold tight to that attitude. It's the same attitude you had when Obama trounced your so called unbeatable candidates.........twice.

Wait..so you're making the excuse that Wendy Davis lost because of gerrymandering? ?? I've heard it all!!!

Oddly, you didn't hear what you think you heard. Get a grownup to explain what I said.

What does it mean?

I like it

The expected increase in Hispanic populations in both states will make a huge difference

Sure they do. Republicans just don't understand them so they prefer to just ignore them.

What does it mean?

I like it

Oddly, you didn't hear what you think you heard. Get a grownup to explain what I said.

I don't nead another grown up (two words) to explain to me what I already know - that you're a moron.

What does it mean?

I like it

I don't nead another grown up (two words) to explain to me what I already know - that you're a moron.

Moron enough to know that if the Republicans don't make a play for the Hispanic vote, they will lose Texas

Forum List

Back