Texas Files Lawsuit at SCOTUS Against GA, PA, MI, and WI

Great.

Did the states bypass their own constitution and laws to change voting laws?
I don't think so. Do you have any examples from the lawsuit that you think are relevant?

the argument seems to be that the state constitution has rules for "absentee ballots", and they sought to create a new class of balloting not defined in the constitution

So the state legislature created a new type of ballot, called a "mail-in" ballot, under rules the state legislature enacted.
They created it after the fact.

It was signed by the Governor in October 2019. It was well before the election.

if i had a quarter for every time you actually answered a direct question i'd not even have that quarter to begin with.
Given you keep ignoring my answers, I sometimes wonder what the point is.

I said I don't think any state did anything wrong, and you ignored it. I gave you the opportunity to discuss one such issue brought up in the lawsuit and you ignored it. I asked you why this case should even appear before SCOTUS and you ignored it.

But you found plenty of time to bitch and moan.

No one has suggested disenfranchising the states.
No, they're just suggesting disenfranchise some of the states, specifically some of the states that voted for Biden.

Those states disenfranchised us with massive voter fraud which their laws facilitated.

Which is a lie. Trump's lawyers have not produced one shred of evidence.
Try watching something other than CNN

I don't have to. Not unless there's a reason for SCOTUS to take up this case with someone who has nothing to do with whether any other state acted in accordance with it's own laws.

Can another state force a state to follow it's own laws?

The DA has prosecutorial discretion in charging crimes. So how can another state force them to prosecute?
Sure they can. How about pollution laws where water pollution goes into states that are downstream.

These states are directly affected by pollution. That is not true in elections. Also we are talking about federal ;laws not state laws.
ROFL! In other words, you are wrong. Allowing wholesale fraud in your state cancels out the votes of people in every other state.

No wholesale fraud happened.

This can't be serious. Texas has no standing to sue another state on that state's conduct under state law. Texas has no interest in another state's decision to send out ballot applications, nor any interest in whether those who received ballots in response to submitting the application returned those ballots, or how these ballots were handled once received. The pols who run the Texas government become more and more bizarre each day.

They have standing if they believe fraudulent practices in other States made their EV's worthless.

No do not haqve standing and they cannot demonstrate any harm. The arguments are the same ones that Trump has beem making ad nauseum and been thrown out ad nauseum.

Their EC votes have been countered by illegal changes to voting laws in the States in question.

They have not. There have been no illegal changes.

Judges unilaterally allowed changes not approved by the legislature, and the legislatures at the State level have the power to set election guidelines.

State judges have the right to interpret the state's constitutions. State legislatures do not have the power to ignore the state's constitution. If the Supreme Court wants to interpret state constitutions then they should resign and get judgeships in the state courts.

The US constitution says State legislatures set the rules for Presidential elector selection, and thus the elections. State judges can't override that.
Marty thinks that a Republican legislature can pass a law that said democrats votes don 't get counted.

RealDumb thinks that if he dodges the topic enough, it will just go away.
LOL

Paxton, who is facing accusations of bribery and abuse of office, is asking the Supreme Court to extend the December 14 deadline for the states' certification of presidential electors to allow for investigations into the alleged irregularities. He also wants the court to block the use of "unlawful election results without review and ratification by" the states' legislatures.

... too fucking funny -- now we have the party of supposed strict constitutionalists against legislating from the bench, begging the highest court in the land to ignore the Constitution and legislate from the bench just so they can hand the election to Impeached Trump after he lost it.

Ain't gonna happen, tards.

Hypocrites, can you spell, H-Y-P-O-C-R-I-T-E ?
I don't know can you spell moron, F-A-U-N
LOL

Slobbers an idiot who struggles with punctuation.
icon_rolleyes.gif

I don't have to. Not unless there's a reason for SCOTUS to take up this case with someone who has nothing to do with whether any other state acted in accordance with it's own laws.

The DA has prosecutorial discretion in charging crimes. So how can another state force them to prosecute?
Sure they can. How about pollution laws where water pollution goes into states that are downstream.

These states are directly affected by pollution. That is not true in elections. Also we are talking about federal ;laws not state laws.
ROFL! In other words, you are wrong. Allowing wholesale fraud in your state cancels out the votes of people in every other state.

calvin-and-hobbes-rofl.jpg

No, they're just suggesting disenfranchise some of the states, specifically some of the states that voted for Biden.

Those states disenfranchised us with massive voter fraud which their laws facilitated.

You can't understand anything higher than the Cartoon Network.

Now the Democrats are fighting against the Right to Vote.
Who is fighting against the right to vote?

Texas is literally trying to get SCOTUS to take away the votes of everyone in these four states.
Nope, Texas is fighting to uphold the Constitution, that some ineligible votes would be collateral damage is incidental.

Texas claims the changes in the way the defendant states conducted the election did not come from those states legislatures. Isn't that the same thing as Texas Governor Abbot extending early voting without the state legislature?
If he did that, then yes it is.
Yes.

Let's all agree that both Texas, and the 4 defendant states cannot certify results because of these irregularities.

The result? 12th Amendment--1 State=1 vote.

Jezz. I wonder who would win if that happens?
:laughing0301:

So you believe CNN is higher than the Cartoon Network?

BWAHAHAHAHA!

That is your level of intelligence. Every judge has stated that Trump has provided no evidence.

Now the Democrats are fighting against the Right to Vote.
Who is fighting against the right to vote?

Texas is literally trying to get SCOTUS to take away the votes of everyone in these four states.
Nope, Texas is fighting to uphold the Constitution, that some ineligible votes would be collateral damage is incidental.
Or, we can have a re-do.
:dunno:

Most likely the 12th Amendment will apply, with 1 vote per state, which would have unspecified results.....:laughing0301:

In order to sue...you have to have standing. That means that you have to show that you were harmed by an action you are seeking to litigate.

Texas has no standing. They can not show where they were harmed by how another state runs their election

DENIED
The Hell they can't---------GA and the others fraudulent votes changes the election and nullifies Texas's legal votes. In essence, not only does the corrupt/inept system of these 4 states disenfranchise their voters, but it also disenfranchises all the LEGAL voters in the US. And FYI, I think Texas has more ummmm republican judges appointed than obama ones for their federal district. Saddle up, Texas has a good shot at this.

Silly turtle, She's correct. To expand on her comment, to sue one must owe a duty to the plaintiff, and to breach that duty which caused a tort (harm) and causation (but for).

So you believe CNN is higher than the Cartoon Network?

BWAHAHAHAHA!

That is your level of intelligence.

Precedent is pretty clear, Emergencies do not suspend the constitution.

I can't agree with that!! We're in the middle of the worst suspension of the Constitution since the Civil War and WWI, and this one is worse than any of those. Can't work, have to wear weird stuff on our heads, can't go outside, can't go anywhere, can't assemble with anyone, even family members --- and on and on. This "emergency" didn't just suspend the Constitution, they've tied a rope around it's neck, hauled it over an oak branch, and are hanging onto its feet.

I think we have to acknowledge what is actually happening, not just cite legal precedent that has nothing to do with the atrocities now going on.
You'll get no argument from me that the constitution has effectively been suspended, however, it is still illegal and it is working its way through the courts. I believe the constitution will prevail.

This can't be serious. Texas has no standing to sue another state on that state's conduct under state law. Texas has no interest in another state's decision to send out ballot applications, nor any interest in whether those who received ballots in response to submitting the application returned those ballots, or how these ballots were handled once received. The pols who run the Texas government become more and more bizarre each day.

They have standing if they believe fraudulent practices in other States made their EV's worthless.

No do not haqve standing and they cannot demonstrate any harm. The arguments are the same ones that Trump has beem making ad nauseum and been thrown out ad nauseum.

Their EC votes have been countered by illegal changes to voting laws in the States in question.

They have not. There have been no illegal changes.

Judges unilaterally allowed changes not approved by the legislature, and the legislatures at the State level have the power to set election guidelines.

State judges have the right to interpret the state's constitutions. State legislatures do not have the power to ignore the state's constitution. If the Supreme Court wants to interpret state constitutions then they should resign and get judgeships in the state courts.

The US constitution says State legislatures set the rules for Presidential elector selection, and thus the elections. State judges can't override that.
Marty thinks that a Republican legislature can pass a law that said democrats votes don 't get counted.

RealDumb thinks that if he dodges the topic enough, it will just go away.
LOL

Paxton, who is facing accusations of bribery and abuse of office, is asking the Supreme Court to extend the December 14 deadline for the states' certification of presidential electors to allow for investigations into the alleged irregularities. He also wants the court to block the use of "unlawful election results without review and ratification by" the states' legislatures.

... too fucking funny -- now we have the party of supposed strict constitutionalists against legislating from the bench, begging the highest court in the land to ignore the Constitution and legislate from the bench just so they can hand the election to Impeached Trump after he lost it.

Extend the deadline.......yow. Any chance of that?
You never know. But I seriously doubt it.

That is your level of intelligence. Every judge has stated that Trump has provided no evidence.
Wrong.

You think every voter in these four states was ineligible?

That's the dumbest thing I've heard all day.

Forum List

Back