Thank you, Donald Trump

Mac1958

Diamond Member
Dec 8, 2011
Opposing Authoritarian Ideological Fundamentalism.

In his own grotesque, perverse way, Donald Trump has put a mirror up to America's face and taught us three critical lessons:

1. We need to examine how a society can become so sick that it would put someone like him in its ultimate position of authority -- the true TDS.

2. His taxes have driven home the fact that our tax system has holes so big that you can drive a semitruck through them, and must be fixed immediately.

3. We have to fix a political system in which empty, soulless people in media and politics are incentivized and rewarded for enabling a person like this.

As I always say, this has never been about Donald Trump. It's about us. Will this be an educational experience for us? Doubtful, but we can certainly hope.

The tax code has benefited the wealthy for decades. It’s ridiculous complexity, numerous loopholes, and special provisions are specifically designed the benefit the ultra wealthy.

Trump is hardly the first wealthy asshole to take advantage of our unjust tax code. Nearly all the billionaires pay little in taxation, as a percentage of their enormous income. For example, Bezos paid little to no income tax for many years, yet is a billionaire.

The tax code has benefited the wealthy for decades. It’s ridiculous complexity, numerous loopholes, and special provisions are specifically designed the benefit the ultra wealthy.

Trump is hardly the first wealthy asshole to take advantage of our unjust tax code. Nearly all the billionaires pay little in taxation, as a percentage of their enormous income. For example, Bezos paid little to no income tax for many years, yet is a billionaire.
Practical suggestions for improvement?

The rich get richer, and the poor get poorer. The rich buy politicians, and own them, to make the laws they want.
"...only little people pay taxes" (so said Leona)

1672829864052.png

Just imagine the 2030 curve with Bezos, Musk, and all the new hi-tech billionaires...

In his own grotesque, perverse way, Donald Trump has put a mirror up to America's face and taught us three critical lessons:

1. We need to examine how a society can become so sick that it would put someone like him in its ultimate position of authority -- the true TDS.

2. His taxes have driven home the fact that our tax system has holes so big that you can drive a semitruck through them, and must be fixed immediately.

3. We have to fix a political system in which empty, soulless people in media and politics are incentivized and rewarded for enabling a person like this.

As I always say, this has never been about Donald Trump. It's about us. Will this be an educational experience for us? Doubtful, but we can certainly hope.
Its news to you that the tax system is screwed up?

Where have you been?

Since you cant fond anything illegal in trump’s taxes you are reduced to wagging a moral finger of outrage at him for not paying more tax than he had to

As I always say, this has never been about Donald Trump.
and yet thats all you have been whining about the last 2years....geezus mac....do you think anyone here will buy that bullshit?....

Yes, but Orange man bad

No one cared before Orange man cuz Orange man bad, people good.

Besides, January 6th.

Yes, Trump is definitely a symptom. The Koch brothers created Trump, and they're far more responsible. Money is a problem in the system. The lack of politics in politics is a problem.

DIng, ding, ding, ding!!!!

This is officially Mac's 1000th Orange man bad thread everyone.........in the last month.

So tell us, which thread of yours do you feel helped save democracy the most Mac?

Yes, Trump is definitely a symptom. The Koch brothers created Trump, and they're far more responsible. Money is a problem in the system. The lack of politics in politics is a problem.
I've looked at this as a sociological issue from Day One. I just don't know if we've learned anything.

So, to hear libs tell it money is the problem and all the money belongs to republicans

I think power in the hands of corrupt politicians leads to the money problem that libs complain about so bitterly

How did the Koch brothers create Trump, hmm?
I've looked at this as a sociological issue from Day One. I just don't know if we've learned anything.
You have to purge that TDS from your mind to be able to have any objectivity. Otherwise you're just looking like this:

1-ANPCOMANBAD.gif

Last edited:

76b1yx.jpg

And Biden said he was going to do something about it and has done nothing other than raise taxes on the poor and middle class.

Criminal Tax fraud isn't the problem.

Legal tax avoidance is.

I'm certain every billionaire out there uses every loop hole there is, to avoid paying any taxes....after all, they ARE the ones, and their paid lobbyists, that convinced congress to put in these loopholes in to our tax laws for their use and favor.... this isn't about Donald Trump alone.

DJTs tax filings, just gave us an inside peak in to what loopholes are there, that congress put in to law for them all..... We rarely if ever, have gotten a view of it.

Forum List

Back