Thank you Paul Simon.

Ray9

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2016
As a possible human-engineered pandemic casts a pall on the Earth, home schooling along with remote learning may be a sea change in the way children learn to navigate the world henceforth freeing the kids from the union corrupted, monolithic, government centric, cultist indoctrination that disguises itself as education.

In 1973 songwriter Paul Simon hit the nail on the head with is song, Kodachrome. This is the song I would like you to play when you read this. “When I think back on all the crap I learned in High school, it’s a wonder I can think at all.” “And my lack of education hasn’t hurt me none; I can read the writing on the wall.”

When you’re dealing with an educationally lobotomized population that thought Barack Obama was the second coming of Peter Pan, it’s easy to masquerade as objective, dispassionate expertise while you hand the people a bag of fertilizer and keep the finished crop for yourselves. Many kids today approach a restaurant menu like a chimpanzee trying to figure out a Rubik’s Cube and they can’t put together anything in writing that would qualify as a respectable grocery list. But they know all about white privilege and transgender bathrooms.

People are finally beginning to realize that our educational institutions have been using our kids as a captive audience for mind bending ideological brainwashing indistinguishable from proselytizing Marxism. What kind of dumb, situational unawareness could allow the greatest democracy the world has ever known to hand over much of its manufacturing infrastructure to communist China, an enemy hell bent on its destruction?

The Chinese know that a country of people dumbed down by its educational systems so that they can barely read the lines, let alone between them, are easy targets for economic destruction. They also know that we can’t do anything to punish them for unleashing a plague on the world because our “expert” Harvard and Yale educated leaders in Congress betrayed us and got rich in the process.

Maybe it is time to take the bull by the horns instead of just listening to “experts” that throw it. We learned all bout “experts” during the OJ Simpson trial, and we know how that turned out. Most “experts” have no idea what they are talking about and the few who do are lying.

We need to take a long, hard look at the educational and congressional “experts” that made us targets.

As a possible human-engineered pandemic casts a pall on the Earth, home schooling along with remote learning may be a sea change in the way children learn to navigate the world henceforth freeing the kids from the union corrupted, monolithic, government centric, cultist indoctrination that disguises itself as education.

In 1973 songwriter Paul Simon hit the nail on the head with is song, Kodachrome. This is the song I would like you to play when you read this. “When I think back on all the crap I learned in High school, it’s a wonder I can think at all.” “And my lack of education hasn’t hurt me none; I can read the writing on the wall.”

When you’re dealing with an educationally lobotomized population that thought Barack Obama was the second coming of Peter Pan, it’s easy to masquerade as objective, dispassionate expertise while you hand the people a bag of fertilizer and keep the finished crop for yourselves. Many kids today approach a restaurant menu like a chimpanzee trying to figure out a Rubik’s Cube and they can’t put together anything in writing that would qualify as a respectable grocery list. But they know all about white privilege and transgender bathrooms.

People are finally beginning to realize that our educational institutions have been using our kids as a captive audience for mind bending ideological brainwashing indistinguishable from proselytizing Marxism. What kind of dumb, situational unawareness could allow the greatest democracy the world has ever known to hand over much of its manufacturing infrastructure to communist China, an enemy hell bent on its destruction?

The Chinese know that a country of people dumbed down by its educational systems so that they can barely read the lines, let alone between them, are easy targets for economic destruction. They also know that we can’t do anything to punish them for unleashing a plague on the world because our “expert” Harvard and Yale educated leaders in Congress betrayed us and got rich in the process.

Maybe it is time to take the bull by the horns instead of just listening to “experts” that throw it. We learned all bout “experts” during the OJ Simpson trial, and we know how that turned out. Most “experts” have no idea what they are talking about and the few who do are lying.

We need to take a long, hard look at the educational and congressional “experts” that made us targets.

Fantastic post, Ray, thanks. This is one of your finest.

Fantastic post, Ray, thanks. This is one of your finest.

I don't give up.:stir:

I have often wondered at the "bullshit" kids supposedly learn in school and have come to the conclusion that it's actually the stuff they learned that is beyond the understanding of their parents.

You're an articulate fellow, however as a Paul Simon fan, I believe that you read into the meaning of his lyrics.
Sorry, but I don't want my kids or my grandkids to go through the "education" you envision.
And BTW - Chinese students kick our students ASS.

You're an articulate fellow, however as a Paul Simon fan, I believe that you read into the meaning of his lyrics.
Sorry, but I don't want my kids or my grandkids to go through the "education" you envision.
The link you offer is worthless. It doesn’t raise the fact that China is all but Homogeneous, and that Asians have a higher IQ on average than whites, Negros, or Latinos. Coupled with skipping over the fact that Negros place rock bottom in IQ scores on average; an average, that is averaged into the whole of the American average. Diversity is only a strength to the underperformers who can attach themselves to the higher performers...

Last edited:

The link you offer is worthless. It doesn’t raise the fact that China is all but Homogeneous, and that Asians have a higher IQ on average than whites, Negros, or Latinos. Coupled with skipping over the fact that Negros place rock bottom in IQ scores on average; an average, that is averaged into the whole of the American average. Diversity is only a strength to the unerperformers who can attach themselves to the higher performers...

Excellent - Thanks for chiming in with a little racist perspective! :icon_rolleyes:

The link you offer is worthless. It doesn’t raise the fact that China is all but Homogeneous, and that Asians have a higher IQ on average than whites, Negros, or Latinos. Coupled with skipping over the fact that Negros place rock bottom in IQ scores on average; an average, that is averaged into the whole of the American average. Diversity is only a strength to the unerperformers who can attach themselves to the higher performers...

Excellent - Thanks for chiming in with a little racist perspective! :icon_rolleyes:
Yeah... Reality... That “racist” son a bitch!

You're a victim of generational thinking here. That's the lens we all view our past through. Simon would have gone to High School in the late 50's. About the same time my father did. In a sea of white bread religious and cultural upbringing at the height of the Red Scare. But even so, most of us have fond memories of our childhood where everything seemed simpler to us. Simon wrote this song in 1973. By then, the 60's counterculture had passed and we were still knee deep in the quagmire that was Vietnam. Hence the plea not to take all his nice bright colored camera film away. Because everything looked worse in black and white.

I'll be curious as to how the generation that was born immediately after 9/11 looks back and reacts in 20 years. Start off with a disaster and go through what are supposed to be the best years of your life dealing with a pandemic.

The Chinese value education as supreme; Americans, not so much. IQ is a measurement of a very superficial aspect of the human mind. My wife and I each took an IQ test. I got a much higher number than she did.

When we watch Wheel of Fortune and Jeopardy on television she comes out with the correct answer before my lips start moving. She pays attention to names, dates, places. She is intelligent in a different way than I am.

Blacks are good at sports that require instant body reaction and predictability of movement in the big picture of games like basketball and football. That is intelligence.

So it's not lack of intelligence that is destroying our educational model. It's politics and greed that is the prime mover.

Sorry, you are not living in the real world. There are an abundance of peer reviewed studies about race and IQ. If you don't use a search term like "blackies are lower IQ" you might be able to actually learn something.

Sorry, you are not living in the real world. There are an abundance of peer reviewed studies about race and IQ. If you don't use a search term like "blackies are lower IQ" you might be able to actually learn something.
Yeah... Try reading “The Bell Curve” and other legitimate studies on the topic of intelligence Cuck... Much like me; the facts don’t care about your feelz...

The Chinese value education as supreme; Americans, not so much. IQ is a measurement of a very superficial aspect of the human mind. My wife and I each took an IQ test. I got a much higher number than she did.

When we watch Wheel of Fortune and Jeopardy on television she comes out with the correct answer before my lips start moving. She pays attention to names, dates, places. She is intelligent in a different way than I am.

Blacks are good at sports that require instant body reaction and predictability of movement in the big picture of games like basketball and football. That is intelligence.

So it's not lack of intelligence that is destroying our educational model. It's politics and greed that is the prime mover.

Pretty decent response and yes, I would mostly agree except for the part about black athleticism being an indicator of intelligence. Politics and greed have lowered the bar on our public education system. Mostly RW funding cuts, low teacher pay creating high churn rates, elimination of classes like PE, Music, Civics and Government have hurt. Class sizes that are too large have also hurt.

Isn't this thinking what ended up bringing down Jimmy The Greek?
And no, that's not intelligence. That's athletic prowess. And it can't be taught. You either have it or you don't.
Or you're William "The Refrigerator" Perry and you're an immovable object and an ustoppable force. :)

What's destroying our education model is a constant lack of investment in it.
Placing it as a second, sometimes third tier consideration.

No. It’s not. It’s the massive amount of double digit IQ hominids being averaged into the national whole that brings us all down in ranking.

You're a victim of generational thinking here. That's the lens we all view our past through. Simon would have gone to High School in the late 50's. About the same time my father did. In a sea of white bread religious and cultural upbringing at the height of the Red Scare. But even so, most of us have fond memories of our childhood where everything seemed simpler to us. Simon wrote this song in 1973. By then, the 60's counterculture had passed and we were still knee deep in the quagmire that was Vietnam. Hence the plea not to take all his nice bright colored camera film away. Because everything looked worse in black and white.

I'll be curious as to how the generation that was born immediately after 9/11 looks back and reacts in 20 years. Start off with a disaster and go through what are supposed to be the best years of your life dealing with a pandemic.

Good thoughtful post. Each generation has its own shade of distinction. But there are similarities that span the years. My dad swore that Franklin Roosevelt saved the nation. But he would never consider that Roosevelt likely conspired with Churchill and Stalin to allow the Japanese to launch a surprise attack on Peal Harbor.

Roosevelt had been touring the country saying he would not get involved in a war in Europe unless the US was attacked. That attack was just what the doctor ordered to get the people in America angry enough to go to war.

No. It’s not. It’s the massive amount of double digit IQ hominids being averaged into the national whole that brings us all down in ranking.

Sometimes I forget that racism is allowed here in USMB. Thanks for the reminder.

Sometimes I forget that racism is allowed here in USMB. Thanks for the reminder.
Yeah, free thought, and your “safe space” hive-mind ain’t quite caught on yet. Sucks for you, and your agenda

So she is good at trivia. How are her skills in math? How about literature? Science? That's not intelligence on display on Jeopardy.

1587932202972.png

This is an old group polaroid with my wife center holding a glass and me with a cigarette when Simon's song was making the rounds on the radio. Isn't she beautiful? She was 20.

The song speaks to me now because it suggests that snapshots of good faith are always presented to steer the sheep by the shepherds. Are the shepherds acting in good faith? Well, that's for you to decide.

Those shepherds have led us astray for money and now they want us to follow them to greener pastures because they are the "experts".

Does this give you comfort?

Forum List

Back