Thanks To Obama's Failed Fiscal Policies- Stock Market is Tanking

Geaux4it

Intensity Factor 4-Fold
May 31, 2009
Tennessee
10 year bonds are spiking up to 2.8%. Stock market is tanking concerned that the FED will taper. Meaning? Business is not sold on the economy coupled with rising interest rates.

The market has been climbing for one reason, and one reason only. Free 85 Billion a month printed money into the financial stream.

This will get ugly as predicted

-Geaux

Video of the Week: 10 Year Treasury Yields - How High? | Guy Lerner | Safehaven.com

Rising Treasury yields and falling stock prices has many a market commentator in a tizzy. As many an analyst has surmised, spiking Treasury yields are not good for stocks especially at this late stage in the economic cycle.

The stock market goes up and down.

Anyone who thinks the economy is doing great because the stock market is up is living in la la land.

Notice all those leftys who were touting how the great the SM was doing, of course because Obama is Prez, ain't on here touting the SM now?

Anyone who thinks the economy is doing great because the stock market is up is living in la la land.

Notice all those leftys who were touting how the great the SM was doing, of course because Obama is Prez, ain't on here touting the SM now?

Indeed- There will be consequences for putting off the inevitable by printing counterfeit dollars. That is the reason Helicopter Ben is leaving the building. Can't have him accept the responsibility of turning off the presses. It will take a new face that contradicts Obama's failed economy.

It's a paper tiger

-Geaux

The state of the equities markets isn't a reaction to the Presidents Economic Policies (those have been baked in for sometime), what we're seeing is a technical sell-off triggered by overpriced equities and rumblings from the Fed about money supply contraction.

overpriced equities and rumblings from the Fed about money supply contraction.

To my point, which is Obama's policy. His economy and lack of foresight require the printing.

-Geaux

Monetary policy isn't the Presidents bailiwick , that would be the Fed and it's the Fed that has fueled the run up in the equities markets and will ultimately be the major determining factor on how equities perform over the short term (i.e. whether this is just a short term technical correction or whether it turns into a major market contraction).

Obviously the Administration has done nothing to help the situation and profligate federal spending has certainly done damage due to the monetization of debt that was used to fund large portions of it. However IMHO the principle blame must be placed on our dearly beloved Fed Chairman and his cadre of money printers.

I see a stock market that has doubled since Obama became President

Not too shabby

overpriced equities and rumblings from the Fed about money supply contraction.

To my point, which is Obama's policy. His economy and lack of foresight require the printing.

-Geaux

Monetary policy isn't the Presidents bailiwick , that would be the Fed and it's the Fed that has fueled the run up in the equities markets and will ultimately be the major determining factor on how equities perform over the short term (i.e. whether this is just a short term technical correction or whether it turns into a major market contraction).

Obviously the Administration has done nothing to help the situation and profligate federal spending has certainly done damage due to the monetization of debt that was used to fund large portions of it. However IMHO the principle blame must be placed on our dearly beloved Fed Chairman and his cadre of money printers.

Agree to a point, it's not supposed to be, however, there is no doubt politics can come into in play. FED independence is not a given

-Geaux

FRB: Speech, Meyer -- The politics of monetary policy: Balancing independence and accountability -- October 24, 2000

The Need for Independence
Central bank independence is designed to insulate the central bank from the short-term and often myopic political pressures associated with the electoral cycle. Elected officials have incentives to deliver benefits before the next election even if the associated costs might make them undesirable from a longer-term perspective. This phenomenon has been called the political business cycle in which pre-election stimulus leads to higher inflation followed by monetary restraint after the election.

On the other hand, it appears that elected officials in many countries apparently understood the incentives under which they operate and have structured charters for their central banks that, in effect, tie their own hands--that is, limit political interference with monetary policy to enhance the prospects of achieving and maintaining price stability. Nevertheless, the urge to exert political pressure--to support the objectives of the Administration as well as those of the Congress, to take the U.S. case, and other times to support the re-election of the President or of congressional incumbents--sometimes becomes irresistible. At such times, the tradition of independence at the Fed, the leadership of its Chairman, the influence of long terms for governors, and the presence of Reserve Bank presidents on the Federal Open Market Committee (FOMC) become especially important.

Not too shabby

It hasn't doubled when measured in terms of constant dollars (you know that little thing called inflationary price effect) and the President doesn't deserve any credit for it one way or the other, if anything his domestic economic policies have hindered real value appreciation of equities not helped them, we're in the midst of another round of asset bubble inflation with the inevitable result being another *pop*.

Not too shabby

It hasn't doubled when measured in terms of constant dollars (you know that little thing called inflationary price effect) and the President doesn't deserve any credit for it one way or the other, if anything his domestic economic policies have hindered real value appreciation of equities not helped them, we're in the midst of another round of asset bubble inflation with the inevitable result being another *pop*.

Yea...yea

Seen it before

Obama only gets blamed when the market drops....all surges are completely independent

Dow Jones Average March 6 2009 ... 6626.94

Dow Jones Average Aug 19 2013 ... 15,010.74

https://www.google.com/finance?q=INDEXDJX:.DJI

Oh yeah...the market has really been suffering since O took over.

:lol:

Laugh now, cry later

You could get a monkey overseeing printing of 85 billion a month making the 1% more wealthy.

Wait a minute, not those evil 1%er's

-Geaux

Not too shabby

Lying sack of shit.

But.... You're a dimocrap. So being a lying sack of shit is a given.

10 year bonds are spiking up to 2.8%. Stock market is tanking concerned that the FED will taper. Meaning? Business is not sold on the economy coupled with rising interest rates.

The market has been climbing for one reason, and one reason only. Free 85 Billion a month printed money into the financial stream.

-Geaux

Video of the Week: 10 Year Treasury Yields - How High? | Guy Lerner | Safehaven.com

Rising Treasury yields and falling stock prices has many a market commentator in a tizzy. As many an analyst has surmised, spiking Treasury yields are not good for stocks especially at this late stage in the economic cycle.

Market is over 15K. In case you didn't know that's an historic record. We've (And I say "WE" because it's the industry I work in), never been up this high. And it's hardly tanking. I love how suddenly you folks think you are experts on this.

Last edited:

Not too shabby

Yea...yea

Seen it before
Yea.. yea... Me too, back when the Republican partisan robots were doing the pom-pom waiving over the equities market run-up during the Bush Administration, didn't work out well then, isn't going to work out well this time because they're both the result of the same thing, the President (including both Obama and Bush) doesn't deserve principle credit or blame for asset bubbles. They can make things worse (Bush and Obama fall into this category) but their policies aren't the principle drivers.

Obama only gets blamed when the market drops....all surges are completely independent
Only by economically illiterate partisan drones looking to score political points for the brand of politicians they worship.

-Geaux

I get what youre saying...but it maybe a stretch to say " obamas economic policies"". He is just a zombie who comments on what other people do or don't do. If its good he takes credit. If its bad he says he just heard about it. He never had an idea of his own.

-Geaux

Market is over 15K. In case you didn't know that an historic record. We've (And I say "WE" because it's the industry I work in), never been up this high. And it's hardly tanking. I love how suddenly you folks think you are experts on this.

If you work in the Financial Industry then you should know that the DJIA isn't inflation adjusted on an inflation adjusted basis the DJIA hit it's historic peak back in 2000. :rolleyes:

Forum List

Back