"Thanksgiving was founded on a massacre." : Stupid left wing Hollywood ignorant losers.

These idiots are out of Control.

Last week a bunch of snowflakes at UVA were offended when their President sent out a communication and quoted the founder of UVA, Thomas Jefferson.

They claimed to be offended because Jefferson, the founder of their university, was a slave owner and asked the President to NEVER mention Thomas Jefferson again. :badgrin:

You can't make this shit up.

Last edited:
Giving thanks for the year's harvest is somehow racist?
Is this wrong?

The Thanksgiving Story

The Thanksgiving Story - History of Thanksgiving - Wilstar.com

This “thanksgiving” feast was not repeated the following year. Many years passed before the event was repeated. It wasn’t until June of 1676 that another Day of thanksgiving was proclaimed. On June 20 of that year the governing council of Charlestown, Massachusetts, held a meeting to determine how best to express thanks for the good fortune that had seen their community securely established. By unanimous vote they instructed Edward
Rawson, the clerk, to proclaim June 29 as a day of thanksgiving. It is notable that this thanksgiving celebration probably did not include Native Americans, as the celebration was meant partly to be in recognition of the colonists’ recent victory over the “heathen natives,” (see the proclamation). By then, it had become apparent to the settlers that the natives were a hindrance to their quest for more land, so the good will they shared at the first feast had long been lost.

"The present King of Great Britain...has excited domestic insurrections amongst us, and has endeavoured to bring on the inhabitants of our frontiers; the merciless Indian Savages, whose known rule of warfare, is an undistinguished destruction of all ages, sexes and conditions." ---Thomas Jefferson, Declaration of Independence.

"Indians have nothing human except the shape ...the gradual extension of our settlements will as certainly cause the savage, as the wolf, to retire; both being beasts of prey, tho' they differ in shape. They are wolves and beasts who deserved nothing from the whites but 'total ruin'
."---George Washington, 1783.

"Root them out from their 'dens' and kill the women and their 'whelps'." ---Andrew Jackson.

"We are obliged "...to pursue [Indians] to extermination, or drive them to new seats beyond our reach."---Thomas Jefferson.

"It needs but little familiarity with the actual, palpable aborigines to convince anyone that the poetic Indian—the Indian of Cooper and Longfellow—is only visible to the poet's eye. To the prosaic observer, the average Indian of the woods and prairies is a being who does little credit to human nature—a slave of appetite and sloth, never emancipated from the tyranny of one animal passion save by the more ravenous demands of another."---Horace Greeley.

"If the savage resists, civilization, with the Ten Commandments in one hand and the sword in the other, demands his immediate execution."---Andrew Johnson, Message to Congress, 1867.

"The idea that a handful of wild, half-naked, thieving, plundering, murdering savages should be dignified with the sovereign attributes of nations, enter into solemn treaties, and claim a country 500 miles wide by 1,000 miles long as theirs in fee simple, because they hunted buffalo or antelope over it, might do for a beautiful reading of Hiawatha, but is unsuited to the intelligence and justice of this age, or the natural rights of mankind."---New Mexico Supreme Court, United States v. Lucero, 1 NM S. Ct. 422, 1869.

"I suppose I should be ashamed to say that I take the Western view of the Indian. I don't go so far as to think that the only good Indians are dead Indians, but I believe nine out of every ten are, and I shouldn't like to inquire too closely into the case of the tenth. "---Theodore Roosevelt.

"All men of sane and wholesome thought must dismiss with impatient contempt the plea that these continents should be reserved for the use of scattered savage tribes, whose life was but a few degrees less meaningless, squalid, and ferocious than that of the wild beasts with whom they held joint ownership."---Theodore Roosevelt.

"Why did Yankees almost instantly discover gold in California, which had been trodden upon and overlooked by Indians and Mexican greasers for centuries?”---Abe Lincoln, "Lecture on Discoveries, Inventions, and Improvements, Springfield, Illinois, February 22, 1860.
Damn, if I didn't know better, I would think they were talking about Muslims.

Very good, cnelsen. The colonists and Indians had just survived the incredibly brutal King Philip's War that led to great slaughters on both sides. I bet no Native Americans were invited.

HereWeGoAgain and BrokeLoser have trouble with the truth. One needs to be careful of present-ism (the placing of our values culturally today on the cultures of the past), but one can say Hitler was a "bad guy", and one can say truthfully that the white race engaged in genocide against the Native Americans for more than 400 years. Those are the facts.

BrokeLoser, you don't get to massacre the people next door because you want their hut.

You must be confused...I never said it didn't happen and I actually love truth. I'm usually the first to call things as they really are with no Libby spin or sugar coat.
There are still Tribes in jungles committing genocide today...should we compare their 'world' to ours?
Do you think they live by and practice different values than us?
And you're right, I don't get to massacre my neighbor for their hut in these times...BUT the British got to 400 years ago and there wasn't a stronger army to stop them...Face THE TRUTH...that's just the way it was back then.
How far back in time should we go to decide who we should hold accountable for happenings hundreds of years ago?
There once was a group of caveman who killed off a whole other group of caveman...Who's accountable for it today?

HereWeGoAgain and BrokeLoser have trouble with the truth. One needs to be careful of present-ism (the placing of our values culturally today on the cultures of the past), but one can say Hitler was a "bad guy", and one can say truthfully that the white race engaged in genocide against the Native Americans for more than 400 years. Those are the facts.

BrokeLoser, you don't get to massacre the people next door because you want their hut.

You must be confused...I never said it didn't happen and I actually love truth. I'm usually the first to call things as they really are with no Libby spin or sugar coat.
There are still Tribes in jungles committing genocide today...should we compare their 'world' to ours?
And you're right, I don't get to massacre my neighbor for their hut in these times...BUT the British got to 400 years ago and there wasn't a stronger army to stop them...Face THE TRUTH...that's just the way it was back then.
How far back in time should we go to decide who we should hold accountable for happenings hundreds of years ago?
There once was a group of caveman who killed off a whole other group of caveman...Who's accountable for it today?
We hold the truth accountable: that's the way it was. It is right to tell the truth.

Is this wrong?

The Thanksgiving Story

This “thanksgiving” feast was not repeated the following year. Many years passed before the event was repeated. It wasn’t until June of 1676 that another Day of thanksgiving was proclaimed. On June 20 of that year the governing council of Charlestown, Massachusetts, held a meeting to determine how best to express thanks for the good fortune that had seen their community securely established. By unanimous vote they instructed Edward
Rawson, the clerk, to proclaim June 29 as a day of thanksgiving. It is notable that this thanksgiving celebration probably did not include Native Americans, as the celebration was meant partly to be in recognition of the colonists’ recent victory over the “heathen natives,” (see the proclamation). By then, it had become apparent to the settlers that the natives were a hindrance to their quest for more land, so the good will they shared at the first feast had long been lost.

You consider this evidence that "Thanksgiving was based on a massacre." and is somehow a racist celebration?

Odd, we always go around the table and discuss what we are thankful for. We don't much get into racism as the basis for the celebration.

Funny the snowflake failed to mention that some Native American tribes held slaves.

Unless things are done about the fucking education in this country.....

Look at her stupid fucking face and how smart she thinks she is too.

Because just like some people that we have in office will shake your hand with one and stab you in the back with another..
The Indians greeted us here in America we paid them back by fucking them over and by killing their people, stealing their land YET.....growing up it was not in the history books truthfully...

Dances of Wolfs came out in the 1989 or 90 and until then I always believed the dam history books and old movies as well..

Is this wrong?

The Thanksgiving Story

You consider this evidence that "Thanksgiving was based on a massacre." and is somehow a racist celebration?

Odd, we always go around the table and discuss what we are thankful for. We don't much get into racism as the basis for the celebration.

Funny the snowflake failed to mention that some Native American tribes held slaves.
You are already into the Christmas booze. You make no sense.

Because just like some people that we have in office will shake your hand with one and stab you in the back with another..
The Indians greeted us here in America we paid them back by fucking them over and by killing their people, stealing their land YET.....growing up it was not in the history books truthfully...

Dances of Wolfs came out in the 1989 or 90 and until then I always believed the dam history books and old movies as well..

Thanksgiving WAS founded on a massacre. Learn some factual history.

Native American Genocide

“Thanksgiving”- a National Day of Mourning

Taking the Columbus Out of Columbus Day

The beginning of mankind was founded on a massacre...
"There once was a group of cavemen who killed off a whole other group of cavemen...blah, blah, blah"
People probably shouldn't celebrate anything since I'm sure everything could somehow be tied to the massacre of cavemen 3.7 million years ago...Do I sound like a misguided Libtard yet...hahaha

Native American Genocide

Lakhota/Dahkota/Nahkota (Sioux) Literature

Thanksgiving (United States) - Wikipedia

Why don't you tell the whole truth for once, not just a portion for political correctness left wing style.

We hold the truth accountable: that's the way it was. It is right to tell the truth.

The whole truth, not just a portion.

Native American Genocide

And the constitution was written by evil slave owning white men.

Well, yes it was.

Internet History Sourcebooks

The Six Nations: Oldest Living Participatory Democracy on Earth

Iroquois_meme.jpg

The U.S. owes much of its Constitution to the Iroquois Confederacy.

Iroquois Confederacy is foundation of United States Constitution

Funny. You won't learn much Native American "truth" from Wikipedia. That's pretty much the same old whitewash that's been taught in our public schools.

Native American Genocide

And the constitution was written by evil slave owning white men.

Well, yes it was.

Internet History Sourcebooks

The Six Nations: Oldest Living Participatory Democracy on Earth

Not in every colony

Funny. You won't learn much Native American "truth" from Wikipedia. That's pretty much the same old whitewash that's been taught in our public schools.

True it does not quite fit your revisionism 100 percent. TS. Then again left wingers are whack jobs to start with.

Forum List

Back